clowntown daily dispatch (acey’s bejeweled baguette): currently screaming about fanfiction

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by Acey, Dec 15, 2018.

?

do you enjoy the theme to malcolm in the middle

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

13.3%
  3. maybe

26.7%
  4. i don’t know

40.0%
  5. can you repeat the question?

63.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

• Agree x 3
  2. afarewelltokings

I should note that I shared this with Bri and they’re disappointed with both of us for that tunblr post bc they were about to fall asleep

• Witnessed x 1
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

TELL BRI THAT ACEY SAID TO GO TF TO BED

• Agree x 1
  4. Acey

i wish mobile discord connected to spotify properly so i could show off what i’m listening to...alas

• Witnessed x 3
  5. Acey

got my friend kai a tmbg cd he’s missing (he had mentioned that he was missing a few albums in the group chat this morning, and i was contemplating going downtown anyway and poking around the record store, so...) and i feel like a p decent friend for that? idk i just...like doing nice things for my pals! they are good and deserve it.

i also got a counting crows compilation album that i’ma force my mom to listen to on the road trip

honestly “force” is a strong word, all the stuff i’m bringing is shit i either a. know she likes (tmbg, joco) or b. am pretty sure she will like (nsp, marina, counting crows, some other good jams)

also i got four pairs of kneesocks...i’ve needed new socks so bad y’all. and they’re all HELLA CUTE!! i got...
    • an olive green pair with an alien and a ufo in the bg
    • a bright purble pair with rainbow unicorns
    • a sky blue pair with pink-and-white pegasi
    • a teal pair with stegosauruses except their bodies are tacos, which is so fucking stupid and ridiculous and utterly delightful
    anyway i got stranded downtown for a bit bc i THOUGHT i had bus fare but i DIDN’T, but my mom sent me lyft fare so ALL WAS WELL

and now i’m chillin and enjoying the fact that the weather is fucking gorgeous today

good afternoon yo

• Winner x 7
  6. Acey

albums i’m bringing on the trip:
    • lincoln - tmbg
    • john henry - tmbg (OBVIOUSLY)
    • nanobots - tmbg
    • why? - tmbg
    • i like fun - tmbg
    • the escape team - tmbg
    • films about ghosts - counting crows
    • solid state - joco
    • born this way - lady gaga
    • the family jewels - marina
    • cool patrol - nsp
    if i can find my copy of glean by tmbg i’ll bring that too bc it’s my mom’s fave by them

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  7. Acey

choking on soda is not fun and i don’t recommend it

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 4
  8. Acey

MY NEW LAPPY IS HEEEEERE

it’s a macbook, an older one but factory refurbished, and i like it so far but i have very little idea of what i’m doing and i keep using the wrong key shortcuts bc i’m so used to windows...oh well, i’ll learn! i’m a fast learner with things like that. c:

• Winner x 9
  9. Acey

also guess who walked almost two miles today >:D

• Winner x 10
  10. Acey

haha my last post in this thread was posted at 4:20 pm

oholy ahist the wead number

• Winner x 2
  11. Acey

2CC33547-A811-4C7E-BEC0-64ED4CF4A166.jpeg
    still proud of this one

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  12. Acey

i tried to write my girlfriend a love poem while high off my ass and while i only wrote three lines, those lines are...
    stoned poetry 1.jpg
    ...not amazing but less awful than i'd expected?

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
  13. Acey

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Made A Phone Call Without Panicking Or Getting Upset

• Winner x 11
  14. Acey

what even is a consistent sleep schedule...like people say they sleep from x hour to y hour and i'm just like "sounds fake but okay"

this post brought to you by me falling asleep at like 8:30 last night and waking up at 2 in the fuckin morning

• Witnessed x 7
  15. Acey

also woke up disgustingly sweaty but i took a bath and now i'm squeaky clean

• Winner x 4
  16. afarewelltokings

I used almost all of Bri’s bath bubbles the other night when I took an hour long bath listening to The Smiths

• Winner x 1
  17. Acey

you're so valid and ngl i am Envious bc i don't have bubble bath

maybe i'll swing by lush when we're in sf and get me some bath bombs, @TheOwlet has recommended a few in her blogette that i MUST try

• Winner x 3
  18. Acey

anyone have a pair of ears that aren’t constantly stuffy i could buy, i will pay you Dollars

• Witnessed x 4
  19. afarewelltokings

I’m sorry my ears are also consistently stuffy. Mega witnessed

• Witnessed x 1
  20. Acey

honestly a huge consideration for me if i ever have kids is giving them names that are easily spelled and pronounced amongst english speakers, probably because my given name is...it’s a perfectly valid spelling and pronunciation but it’s not a super common one and it got mispronounced and misspelled all the gotdamn time and kids made fun of me by deliberately pronouncing the silent letter?

like. my dream names for hypothetical future kids? john henry for a son, constance violet for a daughter.
    (granted, the name jon exists, but it’s almost always a nickname and john is still a very common name?)

(also if i were to only have a daughter i’d probably want name her jane to carry on the family tradition of naming kids john and john-adjacent names? likely either jane constance or jane violet bc i REALLY love those names okay.)

and there are plenty of names and spellings i like that i would probably never use on an actual child, just because i don’t want my kid to have to deal with the shit i did as much? like, viktoria, for instance. it’s a valid form of the name—russian i think?—but the more common spelling in the states is victoria, and i wouldn’t want any kids to have to CONSTANTLY spell their names. (that’s not even getting into the fact that i genuinely adore the name aradia but, given the pronunciation confusion i’ve seen over it, i would never use it on a kid?)

like, obviously ymmv there, but yeah

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    • Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice