Collaboration! More like: Lets draw together!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Void, Nov 18, 2015.

1. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

• Like x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

do you still need another for this? pokemon pics are my go to relaxation drawing subject and i need a break from my bigger projects if i'm ever gonna finish them. if no, anyone else wanna do something with me, now or eventually? doesn't have to be pokemon.

3. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

I can try things! I'm not very good at digital drawing and stuff, but I could maybe do line art on paper and take a picture or scan it?

• Like x 1
  4. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

OKAY SO @Void you can do a sketch, send that to me for a lineart, and then I'll pass it on to @prismaticvoid for colors!! Unless prismaticvoid has any specific ideas regarding the sketch I'm just gonna say *~*~*~follow ur heart~*~*~* :p no rush n no pressure, too!! Take your time :D

[quiet hyped noises in the distance COLLABCOLLABCOLLAAAAAB]

• Like x 2
  5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

hell yeah! i'll get to it very sooooon. i got another art thing i remembered i needed to do, so i'll probably do that tomorrow. should have a sketch before the week is out though!

• Like x 2
  6. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

@swirlingflight @Imoyram since you guys were first to mention interest, did you want to do it? I think it will require all digital though. LMK if that's your jam or not.

7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Ahhhh. Nervous. I'm still getting used to the stylus. Not so great at digital art. Most of what I post here is jokey stuff or edits of other things. I worry about letting people down by doing poorly. Part of why I was cheering from sidelines.

8. Hobo

Well, I'm open to you guys doing traditional? It's just going to be a major pain in the ass, it'll require printing out stuff and working over the top of it and then scanning and all that. But if that works for you guys, that's cool with me. Plus I don't think it's possible to let anyone down with this, it's just a fun thing. No big deal if you're not da Vinci!

• Like x 3
  9. Imoyram

I thought about whether doing sketches physically might be easiest, cause even if its a not perfect picture, the person doing colours can get a digital line art.
    I can attempt doing digital on my ipad, Ive done some decent things on there, but from my computer itd be pixelly as anything.

I can post some examples of my stuff if want?

Also what sort of subject are we gonna do? :D

(oh yeah. @Hobo and @swirlingflight I guess?)

10. swirlingflight

I like the idea of pokemon. Fandom things are good for having fun.

11. Imoyram

Okay so this is an example of mixed digital physical art.
    I did the sketches for these on paper, and did everything else digitally
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like fandom stuff too! Pokemon I'm up for, and just for the sake of more options, homestuck? I'm bad at people but I could try?

edit: whoops I went back and read the post, the pokemon thing sounds like fun!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    • Like x 1
  12. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

13. swirlingflight

• Like x 3
  14. Hobo

Alright awesome! I think we'll use that order as well, so I'll pass my sketch to @Imoyram who'll pass theirs to @swirlingflight who'll pass theirs to me and so on with the lineart (PM is the way to go for this). Sound good? Let's do the thing. Then once everything is done we can put the pictures in one place (maybe PMing them all to me? Idk we'll work it out when it comes to it) and then post them in the thread. Exciting times!

• Like x 1
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Yeah, sounds good! I'd prefer to do lineart or colours, fwiw

16. Imoyram

Wait. Shit. I have your sketch, do I do line art AND a sketch, or just line art? And of anything in particular?

(Also are you (@Hobo )in a very different timeline to me cause all of this stuff is happening at like 4am)

17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

@KathyGaele @alex ya'll might try and find someone else to draw with, i have the flu and can't do much more than sleep and... sleep. plus i have to do thanksgiving tomorrow and that's gonna wipe me out even more.

18. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

@KathyGaele and @Deresto: unfortunately I am also out for the count, as my tablet just died on me, and I can't really color or lineart without it, and...sketching is not something I am good at. I will return at a much later date when I have a tablet again.

19. Hobo

@Imoyram We all do a sketch, pass that on to the next person, then we do line art for the pic we got, pass it on, then do colours for the next pic we get. Basically we all work on different parts of 3 entirely different pics for a total of 9 at the end. So you'll do line art for the pic I sent, and draw a sketch for something different. I am not great at explaining things so I'll try and do a visual representation. Also yeah, I'm Australian!

Imo's sketch -> swirling's lineart -> hobo's colours
    swirling's sketch -> hobo's lineart -> Imo's colours
    hobo's sketch -> Imo's lineart -> swirling's colours

Hope that clears things up! Sorry for not making it clear earlier, this is actually a fair bit of work.

20. Imoyram

yeah. Me and swirl got it figured out, thanks for more info though, now we are all on the same page.

Currently I have done my lineart and my sketch, and sent them both to swirl, a while ago, so we are getting somewhere!!

Gosh yeah. I'm in central time in canada, and swirl is an hour ahead of me so.
    me: 6:18pm ish
    swirl: 7:18pm ish
    hobo: 11:18am?

@Hobo @swirlingflight

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice