Coloring!!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by blue, May 17, 2016.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@Hobo suggested we should have a coloring book thread, so here it is!

One of my favorites is: http://www.amazon.com/Patterns-Universe-Coloring-Adventure-Beauty/dp/1615193235 It's very mathy, and symmetrical, and the explanations of the concepts behind the drawings are actually pretty good. On the other hand, I haven't colored a whole lot of it, because some of the pages have so many very similar shapes that I don't have ideas for color schemes.

image.jpeg
    (Here's one of the Voronoi Diagram pages, as colored by me. watercolors: not super practical for coloring books but they sure look nice)

http://www.amazon.com/Eastern-Magic-Beautiful-Designs-Coloring/dp/1438007329 I also really like this one, despite its ~~magical beautiful wonders of the Orient~~ aesthetic. It's really pretty. I've got another one from this series, too, but it's packed up somewhere and I don't know where it is ._.

My weakness is symmetry - I Cannot color a symmetrical pattern asymmetrically. (The first one I tried to do LOOKED symmetrical but then it had random sections on one side that weren't on the other side, pout sulk whine.) Also I tend towards just defaulting to rainbow gradients.

Coloring books? Favorite media? Pictures of finished pages? Let's talk!!

• Like x 2
  2. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

eeeee as soon as i get home from work, i'm taking pictures of all my coloring books and finished pages, this is excellent! (and once more, fuck that Cracked writer, coloring books are awesome.)

• Like x 2
  3. blue

Oh, I also like the Colorfly app for digital coloring, although they may well be other ones out there.

I recently discovered that my grandmother bought some of these coloring books and says they're great for her stress levels, and it was so nice to discover that we both do it! I showed her the app and she absolutely loved it; she doesn't really know how to use her iPad but she wants me to put the app on there so she can do it. :3

4. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

I'm going to show some of my pics too (later, because lol what even are priorities, it's nearly 4am god dammit). I end up ruining my colouring books with copics but I've got like 3 colouring pencils total. I always try and fill out the geometric colouring pages at the therapists office with pencils in rainbow colours, though. That shit is the best.

• Like x 1
  5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

can i post like digital stuff i colored but didn't draw? i do a lot of that when I don't feel up to drawing something myself

• Like x 2
  6. blue

sure!

• Like x 1
  7. Void

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 7
  8. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

On holiday in a caravan in Morecambe with my colouring books - living life in the disabled lane.

image.jpeg

Lines by Alphonse Mucha.

• Like x 4
  9. Void

[​IMG]
    i colored a dog today

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice