Cozy Hearth Yarn Works, aka "the knit business" - Kit & asynch's fiber art for hire

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by paladinkit, Apr 19, 2019.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

sweet! plunked it in my shopping cart! thanks so much.

• Winner x 2
  2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

You are very welcome!

• Like x 1
  3. jacktrash

*does a little Yarn Is Coming dance*

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  4. paladinkit

@jacktrash so you know - Fiyero spent the early part of this weekend sleeping in your order basket with the woops! skein. He's a bit confused tonight bc he doesn't fit anymore, but we're about to package up the yarn now :)

IMG_20190928_130353639 (1).jpg IMG_20190930_023038956.jpg

• Winner x 6
  5. jacktrash

i will be sure to let hermes have a good sniff when it arrives :D

• Winner x 4
  6. jacktrash

hermes sends love

8B287196-48DE-4484-96F1-8703CE075918.jpeg

(ps box is best part)
    A9644EFC-233B-4679-AE77-7F9D6ABCCC47.jpeg

• Winner x 8
  7. jacktrash

9918113B-37DE-4E45-A946-65F9FDB3E71C.jpeg postscript: hermes and yarn are friends

• Winner x 5
  8. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

awwwww

• Agree x 3
  9. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I think our kitties are pen pals now, that's adorable <3

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  10. jacktrash

he loafed there for a whole hour, purring so loud i could actually hear it! usually you can’t hear the purrs, you have to put a hand on him and feel that he’s vibrating. your kitty definitely smells like Friend.

• Winner x 6
  11. paladinkit

We're officially on Ravelry now!!! You can add our yarns to your stash, link to our yarns in your project records, and leave your comments on our yarns in the biggest online yarn and pattern database in the world. I'm so incredibly excited, this makes it all feel a ton more real.

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

Super Advance Updates Alert for my Kintsugijin friends:

Your yarn orders have funded...

...more yarn.

Aka, there's a bulk order of a new base we want to offer on its way to our home right now <3 probably a few weeks once it arrives for color testing and photography, but a bulky weight wool/alpaca yarn will be available sometime in probably February???? Stay tuned for progress updates!

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 1
  13. jacktrash

bulky? awyeah. alpaca? HELLS yeah.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Ohhhh hell I am def tempted at least a little bit

• Like x 2
  15. paladinkit

We have a 100% alpaca base in mind further down the pipeline, we just wanted to get a bulky weight out first ;)

• Like x 4
  16. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

oh wow can I just say all the stuff in your store is really pretty and this thread is full of wonderful cat pictures

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  17. paladinkit

Thank you! All of you guys give us the best feedback :)

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. paladinkit

It's a good news/bad news kind of day.

Good news: in our most recent blog post, we launch our two new financial accessibility programs - a permanent Pay What You Can program and a limited free yarn program. Read more about it here.

Bad news: our yarn base supplier notified us that they were closing orders after they'd already sold out of all of the yarn bases we use. I placed an emergency order with a new supplier, but they don't carry our Heritage Sock base. We won't be able to offer dyed to order yarn on the Heritage Sock base (or launch the bulky wool/alpaca base T.T) until what looks like June at the earliest, but realistically until the fiber supply chain improves. We do have a new sock base on the way and will get it listed ASAP, and with this emergency order we have backstocked approximately ten kilos of yarn, which should keep us in business for a good while at least.

• Like x 6
  19. paladinkit

Our new sock base is up on our website, and guys, it's gorgeous.

ruaRSdetail.jpg ruaRSskeined.jpg ruaRSheart.jpg

(shown in the colorway Rua)

Radiant Sock is 80% superwash Blue-Faced Leicester wool, 20% nylon, with a high-twist spin. It's taking colorways intensely, but more blended than our previous superwash base. It's a joy to handle- I tried to catch the texture in the photography, but it's really hard to believe until it's in your hands how smooth-yet-soft it is. We're selling it at $26 USD a skein, and you can buy it dyed to order on any of our Dathanna colorways.

Also, secret advance news for you guys: our primary yarn supplier ended up reopening their warehouse after changing the internal setup to allow for safe social distancing! So Heritage Sock will return as soon as we can manage within financial and delayed-shipping restrictions, and we'll get back on track to release the Windward Bulky base hopefully soon as well.

• Winner x 6
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

:swoon:i don't even fiber crafts but that looks soooo soft

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice