Cozy Hearth Yarn Works, aka "the knit business" - Kit & asynch's fiber art for hire

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by paladinkit, Apr 19, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Hey y'all, it's update time!

What we've been doing - nnnnnot much. The pandemic was kicking our asses pretty hard. We super appreciate the orders we've gotten in this time, our household income took a hit and you've helped us keep up with overhead when I was genuinely scared we wouldn't be able to cover it out of pocket if sales didn't happen ❤️ thank you so much

Today we're dusting off some of our records and breaking out the dye pots for the first non-order-related dyeing in months! Some of our plans, today and going forward-

• Start very, very slowly building up some ready-to-ship stock of true colorways, to reduce wait time for customers & to hopefully have an inventory ready for next year's festival season
    • Do science! We've invested in some tools for taking more accurate measurements of our process, to hopefully improve the reliability of recipes. We always meticulously hand-match skeins for each order, but reducing the number of times we have to go "well this doesn't match at all, guess I have to dye a new one" will be easier on us :)
    • Get back to proofing new bases to offer! Windward Bulky first, more to follow. (If you have any yarn base requests, we'd love to hear them & take them under consideration! We unfortunately are not planning on setting up for any plant based fibers any time soon, as that's a completely different chemistry than our current expertise, but any protein fiber, weight, or yarn structure is fair game)
    • Dye up some yarn for knitted samples, including for a new pattern design prototype
    • Finish up photography and proofreading to release the circle shawl pattern that's been in progress for literal years
    • Keep developing a new colorway line!
    • Start experiments in professional quality dyeing of spinning fiber in our colorways, including test spinning for sample photography

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 1
  2. paladinkit

PATTERN IS RELEASE

You can download Treegarth on Ravelry for free! This is a circular pi shawl with allover lace, using intermediate lace techniques and chart reading. This took me literally years to complete and get ready for publication, but I'm so glad I made it this far :) 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200920151225513_COVER (1).jpg

• Winner x 6
  3. paladinkit

KIMG0645-01.jpeg

We are alive!!! Also, we delivered our first commission work six years and one day ago :) and ALSO also, we've got some new listings coming soon so stay tuned! I try to remember to update here, but there are also links to our social media & website in the first post of the thread.

• Winner x 2
  4. paladinkit

Iiiiiit's NEW COLORWAY TIME

pumpkinhank.jpg pumpkinheart.jpg pumpkincloseup.jpg

Pumpkin Cream is the limited edition colorway we're offering for Samhain 2021! Starting at 1PM EDT on tomorrow, October 29th, there will be ten skeins available at cozyhearthyarnworks.com <3 Pumpkin Cream is dyed on our Radiant Sock base - fiber content is 80% superwash BFL wool, 20% nylon, and the skeins measure 400yds per 100g.

• Winner x 2
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

That’s such a beautiful autumnal vibe, I love it!!

• Like x 1
  6. paladinkit

pumpkinlabels.jpg pumpkininspection.jpg pumpkinpile.jpg

They're here, friends!!!! I'm having a migraine so this is gonna be a dumb post but the quick info: there are currently only eight skeins remaining (TY very very much to the highly enthusiastic fan who ordered 2 of them before I'd even announced the launch), they're really pretty, they passed Isaac's inspection as pictured, and you can buy them here.

• Winner x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice