Creating a sporking organization.

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Athol Magarac, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Gonna focus in on this because I don't really think explaining things to you is going to be a productive use of my time, given this response.

Here I have provided you with harsh criticism which is neither kind nor forgiving - all meat, just like you keep saying you want. You respond by mocking these points, in a manner which reads to me as blatantly fishing for sympathy, and getting defensive about what you've already admitted.

If you don't want to look at your poor behaviour elsewhere, you can look at this direct example of how you respond to writing criticism. This is why you keep getting buns. If you are directly asking for a specific favour, it is poor form to then turn around and be snarky about getting what you have asked for.

You cannot even take criticism when you are asking for it.

• Agree x 11
  2. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Dude its hard to tick me off and i try to give everybody benefit of doubt but its legit hard for me to sympathize with you when this forum is filled with people who have been beat, raped, abused their entire life or seen horrific shit happen to people and who legit have reasons to wake up screaming in the dead of night. Like i get that this affected you but getting ptsd from watching someone get killed in front of you vs being resentful and sad years later leaving an Internet forum is ... really not compareable. Like at that point its not about what happened to you, it feels like its more of a “you” problem. Almost everyone here has been rejected in some kind of way. I can relate to being shut off by friends and feeling betrayed but the healthy resolution would be to possibly get therapy and Get Over It, not make posts shitting on abuse victims

• Agree x 7
  3. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

He just wouldn't come together because he was cheerful and optimistic, and friends with a person who his partner bit in a fit of rage. Once he finally got some personality, it was solid angst and hard to hold together his determination to want the job.

What I was going for with him... Basically when he came to the organization and learned that they went into canon worlds, he immediately wanted to do that. He was like that kid from Last Action Hero. The concept was that he was assigned to the mailroom (literally cafeteria, then changed to janitor) and had to work hard to earn a place as an action agent. It started falling apart when he had to put up with over half the assignments being in a world that he didn't like, with a partner who was likely to snap and kill him at any moment. Even without that, he's kinda like that guy who gets a degree in something before realizing that the related job isn't all it's cracked up to be, and he just keeps doing it because he doesn't know what else to do. Or maybe he's at that point where he's been working on his dream job for several years and just about to realize that he's not happy.

In the scene as I tried to write it, basically his emotion is inertia. He just has no opinion that he's aware of.

4. Birdy

Birdy so long

i'm done with this horseshit. @Greallan please don't ping me to any further posts

• Witnessed x 2
  5. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

(pinging a person includes using the quote or reply button, or the @ function, so to avoid pings any responses would need be done with, say, manual copy and paste, or by removing the quote reference in the text box)

(eta: rating posts also generates a ping, so if you're going to avoid pinging birdy, avoid the rating buttons, the quote/reply buttons, and the @ function)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Like x 1
  6. Athol Magarac

"Birdy, post: 800654, member: 2161"

From what I can gather, I just missed a point.

"Greallan, post: 800597, member: 3404"

7. Fate T. Harlaown

Fate T. Harlaown Lightning 01

The only thing I'll apologize for is not knowing that you were on post moderation. Which I didn't until now. Because of that I literally wasn't able to see your reply until it was approved which was way after the fact.

You've explained why multiple times. I still can't at all sympathize with it because, as others have said, we have people who've been raped and shit and this is being listed as The Most Traumatic Thing. You really need to get some sort of therapy and move the fuck on. To which you might say that I need to as well and lo and behold that is exactly what I'm doing. Weekly visits, on meds, got my shit I'm doing every day on account of shit my therapist told me to do. Looking into DBT groups too when I've the time.

The forced hold in a psych facility thing is more akin to something I can sympathize with. Especially because I've been put in a facility before of my own free will because I knew I was going to be involuntarily held soon anyway. I still have the threat of involuntary holds waved over my head due to California's laws regarding the subject, which is why I won't call my therapist when I am actively attempting to kill myself. Other things that are on that level of distressing? Yes. The actually 'I am attempting it right now' attempts? No. Because she's legally obligated to 5150 my ass then and I'm not going back to one of those places.

Also I'd honestly prefer you don't go into detail about the Etansel thing. I'd prefer you admit you fucked up, apologize for threatening them, and then never, ever speak with them again. Ever.

• Agree x 5
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

have you heard of alexithymia?

'cause him having "no opinion that he's aware of" and "his emotion is inertia" sounds kind of like that, and maybe dissociation too.

and i think, if you want to write that, you can lean into it by doing stuff with your writing style. try to imagine what it's like not to be aware of your emotions, to feel emotionless. 'cause, funnily enough, feeling emotionless does feel like something. it's hard to explain what but it feels like something. it doesn't feel like nothing at all.

9. Fate T. Harlaown

Fate T. Harlaown Lightning 01

As for forcing people to do things online...No, you cannot be physically forced. What you did instead was fucking bully someone until they finally shared it to get you to shut the fuck up. You then did not shut the fuck up and instead doubted them and tried to pull the 'there's two sides to every story' bullshit on them. When, no, at that point their abuser lost any and all right to having a 'their side'. This isn't a fucking court of law where that shit matters.

• Agree x 5
  10. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

@Greallan you forgot me, which is kinda funny bc you replied to something that quoted and expanded on one of my points

• Useful x 1
  11. Athol Magarac

I had an emotional dysregulation diagnosis as a child. I'd imagine it was for feeling things to much, but they managed to (non-physically) beat it out of me. I even had a dean bully me about my crying, and I finally clamped it down so hard that I did not shed a single tear while dealing with my dad's death.

• Witnessed x 2
  12. Athol Magarac

It's literally in my quote queue, it's just not going to happen for about 12 hours. (Make that 24-36, I think I have a thing tomorrow.) Sorry about that. It looks like a tough one so I'm hitting easy posts first.

• Informative x 1
  13. Athol Magarac

I'm sorry that I summarized your point and then agreed with it without arguing. What should I have done differently?

And should I not mention things that I've already admitted to?

14. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

how I feel about your response here, approximately:

[​IMG]

the idea is not "praise people who 'give up'", it is "some of us out there really like certain things but will give up if people attack us or are cruel about the thing, and there are numerous reasons behind this that are not 'you lack passion'", and that the thing you are suggesting is....cruel, and possibly likely to make someone feel like oh, okay, they just suck at writing, so why should they bother.

you wanna know how I know that? when I was a brand-new writer, I had 0 people supporting me in my writing and actually already two people fully willing to trash on anything I did (thanks, mom and dad). if someone had done to me what you want to do with 'sporking' and I had somehow found out about it, it would've crushed me into the ground because wow, this person thinks my writing is trash and they're not alone and they thought it was so bad, they took the time to write a whole thing about just how much it sucks. that would have crushed me, dude. any confidence I had in my abilities would've died, and I wasn't about to go "but maybe I will improve" back then either. that would not be my fault, nor would it mean I "lacked passion." it would just mean you did a needlessly cruel thing that hurt someone quite a bit because shit like that can hurt quite a bit.

and while you say you hope these people won't see it and if they do won't care because they're old pieces, I would like to stress heavily that you can't 100% control if they see it or not unless you never publish it, and also that the thing you intend to do here can hurt even after you've become a better writer! also, that the kind of sporking you are doing does not seem very constructively helpful to anyone, imo, but mainly my point is you need to stop underestimating the amount of hurt you could cause with this and/or insinuating if a person is hurt by this it is their fault. please.

• Agree x 5
  15. unknownanonymous

that sounds like a horrible experience. :(

they dealt with your emotional dysregulation the wrong way, and should've taught you to deal with your emotions properly instead of (non-physically) beating them out of you.

and after that, i see why you're so hostile to people who criticize your emotional reactions to things. like, yeah, i still think what you did to the ppc was unjustified but after those experiences with people trying to make you feel less instead of teaching you to handle your feelings better, i think i see why you get upset whenever anyone says you shouldn't feel the way you feel or act on your feelings.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. Athol Magarac

I think it's more the 6 years of bullying that happened after and at the end of most of the SPED, but thanks. It honestly feels like no big thing because I don't have anything "normal" to really measure against. At least I wasn't bad enough to have ABA horror stories.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. unknownanonymous

you're welcome! :D

what's the SPED?

and six years of bullying is a horrible experience too.

18. Mysterious

Mysterious Active Member

i said my immortal because people see diferent things wrong in things they wrote than things they read. what you see wrong in your fic is what you DON'T need people to tell you, cause you already know about it.

what people are getting from what you say you want criticism to look like doesn't seem to be what you ACTUALLY want, so i'm saying it might help if you SHOWED people what you want with an example

my immortal and eye of argon have no splash damage since you can't say anything worse than other people already have. pick some other famous bad thing if you'd like that better. or one of the things people in this thread said you could spork, if they don't mind.

• Agree x 4
  19. Penumbra

Penumbra hiding under cloth

like I said, @Greallan, feel free to spork my fics ^u^

20. Athol Magarac

Getting ready for bed, but I've got some things that will take some thought before replying.

SPED is Special Education. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a term that can be applied to people.

I'll go looking for something, probably a volunteer because I don't think famous trollfic other than "Muffins" is a valid comparison. There's a FIMfiction writer called NotProud that's probably used to outright flames. The author, killthemall, that I sporked in "Don't Pee in the Sugarbowl" has also gotten some flames worse than what I'd do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice