Creepy Crawlies

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lizardlicks, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love all the kitties, puppies, buns and ferrets the internet offers an endless glut of on most days, but sometimes there just aren't enough pictures of the weirder critters. Spiders bugs, snakes, you name it, if you love it (or maybe you don't, but know some people here will) post it! I'll start with this little grub:

[​IMG]

Preeeeetty sure it's a n. pronuba grub, but I'm not 100% on my insect identification. He was still pretty deep in hibernation when I found him while digging in the garden the other day, but that won't last long with the weather we've been having. He IS a type of cut worm, which would be bad news for my flower bed, so I stuck him 'round the side of the house under the maple and ivy leaves. He can munch to his heart's content over there, and grow up to be a pretty, fluffy moth!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    • Like x 6
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oooh a creepy cralies thread.

i got two words: praying mantis.
    i love these things i swear they're like the nerds of the bug world. they're so dorky looking.

mantis white.jpg

mantis red.jpg

mantis green.jpg

• Like x 2
  3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Those ones are so pretty! We just have the plain brown and green ones around here. Love them all the same, though! Favorite garden buddies!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice