Critical Role! D&D With Nerdy-Ass Voice Actors

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, May 8, 2016.

1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

He's definitely inspired me to make a more consistent world that has its own life and pace and isn't just moving props/scenery around for the plot, while still incorporating character backgrounds and goals. Haven't seen those two integrated so successfully very often.

• Like x 1
  2. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

I can't wait for you to lowkey develop a fancrush on everyone

• Like x 1
  3. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Further thoughts:
    • It's not just Matt, it's basically every guy in the group (except Orion who's great but just not my type) reminding me that hey, I am very much NOT exclusively attracted to women! They're cuties with fantastic voices and a great sense of humour, what can I say.
    • I love Clarota, Clarota should be a meme and he is shaped like a friend
    • I wouldn't be surprised if he betrayed everyone (please don't tell me if he does) but he's still very frend-shaped, Tea With Chthulu style.
    • I also absolutely love badass torture survivor paladin lesbian Lady Kima <3 <3 <3
    • Scanlan is a gift and must be protected

• Like x 4
  4. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

K'varn's voice is revealed:

sssssssssssssss.png
    Travis's face just kills me
    Laura, meanwhile, is every bit as aroused as I am right now

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  5. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Keyleth's issues with Kima seemed really weird and out of nowhere to me but there were youtube commenters who said they judged her negatively for them and then thought better about it based on later developments, and we not got to her confrontation with the group in Ep. 9 and honestly, this is being amazingly role-played and also is really great in giving me a sense for Keyleth's motivations. Also I love how Vax responded to her with tolerance and understanding rather than try to logic her out of a state that she didn't necessarily logic her way into. I am starting to have, as they say, the feels.

• Like x 3
  6. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Ok Clarota absolutely DOES betray everyone doesn't he

Again, continue to not tell me please, I don't want spoilers for this particular issue (I'm already upset that I went to look him up and the CR wiki says "Clarota was a mindflayer etc" and so I already know that he is no longer with us) but. It seems to me that Clarota, while shaped like a friend, absolutely will stab someone in the back.

• Like x 1
  7. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Guys, I have a very important question:

In the earlier episode, they talk about shirts and how they're limited edition etc. My question is, is the current range of How Do You Wanna do This? t-shirts and hoodies limited edition as well? I really don't wanna go into the more recent episodes to find out, and in the process get even more spoilered than I already am.

8. AbsenteeLandLady124

AbsenteeLandLady124 Well-Known Member

They restock the store periodically!

• Like x 1
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I don't even go here, but I just saw this on my dash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Are these descriptions supposed to be written sorta in-character? because if so, that is an incredible example of Int 18 / Wis 8 / Cha 15. Clever turns of phrase, but goodness. "Humility." Haha.

• Like x 1
  10. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

@swirlingflight The guys are actually all great at roleplaying their weakest stats as being actual noticeable flaws. There's a character who has lots of intelligence and charisma but 4 Wisdom, and in one of the first episodes he goes up to a house filled with magical traps that keep him from even arriving at the door. He makes a lot of really ellaborate attempts to get past them, eventually succeeds and knocks on the front door with the help of his friends, and never once considers the possibility that someone who booby trapped their house like this may not actually want to talk to him.

• Like x 1
  11. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

I absolutely love how right until Mercer asks them all to roll for an Intelligence saving throw against the mindflayers, everyone is still thinking about inspiring and helping Clarota and I'm like DUDES NO, WHAT THE FUCK, HE IS CLEARLY GOING TO TURN ON YOU ALL

• Like x 1
  12. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Marisha's reaction is absolutely amazing, because as Matt slowly describes Clarota smiling everyone else is at least looking like they're having the dawning realization that they're fucked, meanwhile, she is smiling for joy at him and awww'ing under her breath and then as Matt tells them to roll she slowly starts gaping, drags her hands through her hair, covers her face and almost-sobs a bit. And then as Clarota and the others mind-blast the party, she just looks so shocked and disappointed. Poor cinnamon roll.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    • Like x 1
  13. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

(btw guys I can make a separate Wixbloom Watches Critical Role if I'm annoying you by posting multiple times)

14. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

@wixbloom It's not bothering me personally! I think the thread is quiet enough that it doesn't really matter.

I would like to hear people's thoughts on Tary. I'm not caught up, but I really want to know how he's fitting in.

• Like x 2
  15. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

There's a couple of Critical Role fansongs now!

16. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

we could potentially be in for some serious pain next week

Vex without Vax
    Keyleth's guilt over him dying on her Aramente
    fucking Scanlan coming back and learning that Vax is dead and feeling guilty that he wasn't there and the last thing they said to each other was shouting

17. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

UNENDING SCREAMS
    I didn't watch the last three weeks but holy heck D: is it permanent??/

18. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

... iiiiiiiii should NOT have clicked the spoilers

(very softly) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

19. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

not yet! The 5 hour long episode ended with them just escaping so resurrection attempt next week

20. AbsenteeLandLady124

AbsenteeLandLady124 Well-Known Member

apparently this ancient au!art i did is relevent now
    [​IMG]

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice