Critical Role! D&D With Nerdy-Ass Voice Actors

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by AbsenteeLandlady123, May 8, 2016.

1. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

A battle royale where everyone pilots two characters? That'd be pretty interesting, actually. Especially cause I know Sam's characters at least would have an immediate conflict going on (presuming spoiler shit with Nott doesn't go a certain way). It might be pretty funny to watch Sam plotting against himself.

• Agree x 1
  2. Lebesgue Integreat

Lebesgue Integreat Lesbian Intrigue

That or else other people who know the characters rather well.

3. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Maybe it's Matt. Maybe Matt runs a fucking. Vox Machina boss rush.

• Agree x 1
  4. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

One thing watching campaign 1 after watching campaign 2 has taught me is that this group is just the worst at planning and they will never get any better. They've been this level of terrible from the start, and likely will still be bickering over minor quibbles and talking past one another till the heat death of the universe. I say this with love, but dang.

• Agree x 2
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It sometimes makes it a challenge to watch/listen to, but that's also part of how they don't get bogged down in boring. They're always rushing into doing something or other.

• Agree x 2
  6. swirlingflight

so how about that kickstarter huh

• Agree x 2
  7. swirlingflight

but more specifically, if you hadn't heard about it; the Critical Role team's crowdfunding via Kickstarter to fund a full 30 minute tv-quality animation adventure of Vox Machina, based before the streamed episodes began.

and uh. it's pretty fricking successful

a million in the first hour

already almost at 4 million in the first 24 hours

they've already hit all their planned stretch goals, so this things already going to be more than 90 minutes long instead. (eta: if i understand it right. 3 of the goals say 22 bonus minutes, i assume those are cumulative)

and the advertising video includes a preview bit of animation, set to the same song that's the new opening for CR2 - starts at 4:27

EDIT TO ADD: the fuller video of the kickstarter Q&A, with more details of when this will be based

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  8. rje

rje here comes the sun

I had a guesstimate that they would probably reach 6 mil by the end of the 44 days the Kickstarter is up.

Considering they're at 4.6 by day two I may have to amend that

Lol when the Critters said "Do we hear six seasons and a movie?" it weren't no joke!

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice