Crossover Consideration Station

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 17, 2015.

1. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Did anyone else from THB reincarnate?

Hermione could be a reincarnated Lucretia, maybe...

2. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

!!! Not originally, but I am extremely enamored of this idea now that you've mentioned it.

Ahh, wow, I am just imagining her reaction when he says something very himself -- probably in elvish -- and she just whirls around -- Taako?! And that's how they recognize each other.

Hmm, crying in the girls' bathroom in first year happens not thanks to bullying but to 11-year-old hormones + Lucretia's canonical Issues + being stuck here almost alone except for Taako who still resents her and no way to see her loved ones ever again. And of course Taako goes to find her; her may not be happy with her, but she's still one of the most important people in the world to him -- literally the most important person in the world, now, which I imagine neither of them like to think too much about.

Of course neither of them freeze up fighting the troll, so it's pretty much a smear by the time the teachers get there; they're pretty thoroughly freaked out, and it adds fuel to the stupid "Harry Potter is going dark!" rumor that's been circulating since his sorting.

• Like x 2
  3. KarrinBlue

Is there anyone Ron could reasonably be... Davenport, Magnus, or Merle?

Lup and Barry are presumably still reapers, I'm guessing? What if Taako and Lucretia get in SO MUCH TROUBLE hunting down reaper-summoning rituals, and then even MORE trouble when whoever shows up immediately calls up 2 others.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like x 2
  4. Jean

Ron could be Magnus, maybe? Oh, geeze, he would enjoy the twins. And he would encounter dog! Sirius and promptly adopt him. He would visit Hagrid specifically to see Fang, which Hagrid is very approving of. And he makes friends with Fluffy.

I dunno who Davenport and Merle could be, but I feel like if I'm going to have this much of the IPRE I should have them all.

They absolutely get into so much trouble trying to summon Lup, Kravitz, and Barry. They succeed and best possible result: they get Lup, who is DELIGHTED and completely unfussed about the rule breaking. (The wizards, on the other hand, are not.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like x 2
  5. KarrinBlue

I mean I feel like ANY of the reapers who got summoned would mostly just be relieved they figured out where their souls went. I mostly mean they'd get in trouble from school faculty who think that 'Harry' has a death wish.

12-year old 'Harry' summoning multiple reapers and variously hugging, noogie-ing, or passionately kissing them would be a Thing To See.

• Agree x 2
  6. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Merle could be Neville, tho I like the idea of him ending up a lot younger than Magnus and Taako. Like, maybe he's Dennis Creevey. Taako indulges Colin, because his enthusiasm remind him a bit of Angus, and then two years down the line the kid introduces him to his kid brother, and Taako's just like, oh my god that's my tiny tiny dad.

• Winner x 2
  7. Jean

I think Kravitz would feel too weird about kissing someone in a twelve-year-old body for that. Taako is incredibly put out.

The present IPRE doing "extracurricular research" that mostly flies under the radar because Lucretia has done SO MUCH extra study because she wants to know all the things. Setting up the ritual in some abandoned classroom and using what spells they know to lock the door so they're not interrupted. Being interrupted anyway because the teachers know more. Dumbledore and the heads of houses burst in, convinced their students are moments from death, only to find... a family reunion???

This is delighting me more and more.

• Like x 2
  8. Jean

Bwahaha

I like Neville for Merle because plants, but Merle being younger and Taako, Magnus, and Lucretia absent mindedly calling him "dad" would be great.

• Agree x 1
  9. KarrinBlue

Dennis could be Davenport?

10. Jean

Oh my god. What if Davenport is Draco Malfoy? He just. Has this complete distain for the entire Malfoy family. Lucius has aneurysms.

• Like x 2
  11. KarrinBlue

oh fuck that'd be incredible.

also, taako figures out the fake aging spell on the Goblet of Fire like 2 weeks in to give Merle his beard back. Merle is joyous.

• Winner x 1
  12. Jean

He's sorted into Hufflepuff.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  13. Jean

Yes.

14. tinyhydra

tinyhydra a dingus

Fucking excellent. God, I just. Merle as Dennis would be fucking hilarious, cause, like. Magnus as Ron, I feel like he'd adapt pretty well to having a big old rowdy family and fit in just fine, but imagine this fucking crunchy pagan dad being a part of just a normal British family. He wouldn't even try to fit in, he'd just fuck around like how Merle does and make a great big joke out of the whole situation. His folks would be fucking baffled.

• Agree x 1
  15. KarrinBlue

Also is the idea that Taako replaced Harry at the moment of the Avada Kedavra spell?

also also, how long would Taako live in this scenario? Because I'm not sure that after years and years he and she wouldn't have come to... some kind of understanding.

16. Jean

Taako was shocked into remembering when the AK hit. The others regained their memories more slowly and naturally over the course of their childhoods.

Taako dies only a few years after the end of the series. Not sure about the others though.

17. KarrinBlue

also consider that the gang would NOT have regained any interest in reasonable interpersonal boundaries so the hot second these guys find each other they're just all up in each other's space. Davenport and Merle keep up the exact same amount of dadflirting they definitely did on the Starblaster. Taako just breaks into the other dorms - actually they probably don't even bother staying in dorms, they just crash in the Room of Requirement or someplace, huh.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  18. Jean

I can't stop thinking about Luna. Like, okay, this tiny little blonde girl is sorted into Ravenclaw, right, and she coincidentally ends up sitting next to Lucretia/Hermione. And Lucretia smiles at her because she's a firsty and is probably nervous enough without being ignored, not to mention that kids in general always make her think of Angus, regardless of the fact that he's an adult by the time she dies. And Luna turns to her and smiles dreamily and is like "Hello Lucretia [whatever her last name is]. I'm Luna Lovegood." And Lucretia is like. So freaked out. Luna similarly addresses each of them by their real names, first and last, and they go from being wary to protective when Lucretia notices the bullying. She ends up being adopted, like hello small child, you are our collective daughter/niece now.

Entirely different universes, right, so when they summon the reapers they're summoning them across the multiverse. (While the IPRE are completely unfazed by this, Kravitz is a little freaked out.) So, at what point in time do they summon them from? I mean, there's no guarantee that time moves the same way from one universe to the next. I'm thinking that it's not that long after the last of their deaths. For the reincarnated people it's been 12 years, but for the rest it's only been two or three. So Angus is still alive, and very relieved to hear from his aunt and uncles that they figured out where their souls went. He's kind of put out that he can't visit, though; it's just unfair that he can't go and noogie them the way they once noogied him.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. KarrinBlue

So, how does Luna know their deals?

20. Jean

I tend to headcanon Luna as a passive seer -- she Knows Things without necessarily knowing how she knows them. All that stuff she talks about? They're real. The names she calls them aren't necessarily the right ones, but they do exist. Not necessarily in this plane or dimension, though. In fact, very little of what she Knows has anything to do with the Harry Potter world.

Also I love her and I can never resist making her a little Too Aware.

• Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice