Crossover Consideration Station

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 17, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Stabdads West Side Story, anyone? I'd also kill for some Lyricstuck on that theme to "O Valencia!"

• Winner x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Not an actual idea, but the other day the phrase "Sweet Hamilton And Hella Jefferson" passed through my mind and now I wanna make a SBAHJ edit of it??

Also, quoting my SU classpect ideas from my vent, because I read the official descriptions of the aspects and got kinda carried away--these'll make WAY more sense if you've read the official descriptions, Ame and Garnet especially!

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
  3. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

For your consideration : Gem Empire VS Troll Empire VS Galra Empire, winner throws down with Earth.

• Winner x 9
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

...VS Decepticons VS Yeerks

I think trolls would probably win overall because of their many different varieties of psychic powers, but if Yeerks were able to infest their biotech or resist their psychics they would stand a pretty damn good chance. If Yeerks managed to gain control of the brooding caverns, I think that would be game over for the Trolls. Gems would probably beat Yeerks because the Yeerk's main advantage, the ability to infest and infiltrate, wouldn't work on them at all, but Yeerks might be able to overwhelm them with numbers. Yeerks wouldn't be able to control the Cybertronians unless they conquered the Quintessons first and did some Headmaster bullshit, but they might be able to just wipe large populations of them out depending on how much their social turmoil kept the Cybertronians from fighting back effectively.

I can't decide who would win between Gems and Trolls. Gems have instantaneous travel via warp pads, and even their spaceships seem to be faster than Alternian spaceships. The terraforming they do on conquered planets makes them very unfriendly for other species to live on and seems to remove most of the resources that Trolls would need to even resupply their forces and leave, so Alternia would have a harder time holding on to conquered territory. They also might be resistant to Troll psychics, and they have their own variety of pseudomagical powers. However, Trolls have a huge number advantage and unlike Gems with their dwindling resources, they have absolutely no problems making new troops to replace fallen ones. Both sides have a history of being very good at conquering shit and also Rebellion Brewing from Within.

...I don't know anything about the Galra because I don't Voltron, sorry orz

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

yes but you know what would be The Worst for all involved
    any of the above making some sort of alliance
    it's not gonna end well

• Agree x 5
  6. Acey

I only go to two of those fandoms but I would absolutely read an epic about Alternia and Homeworld going to war with each other over Earth.

(the crystal gems are like "fucking hell this again?")

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Those are all pretty great, but might I suggest Greg be Dad of Tunes? (I know Guitar Dad is a thing, but Tunes fits the naming pattern more and also he plays other instruments.)
    Probably won't for the two that ally, either. None of them, so far as I'm aware, are particularly known to be team players in the long run. I feel like the Decepticons might be the least backstab-prone (though I'm unfamiliar with the Galra), and that's not one of those statements that speaks well for any potential alliances. Homeworld and Decepticons are the only teamup I could see lasting any length of time, but I don't think the Diamonds would let it happen.

• Agree x 3
  8. Acey

Good point! Definitely works better, yeah. :D

9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yeerks would get flattened. Their modus operandi is basically to scavenge and steal tech off of low power targets. Against trolls (who are super ornery and mistrustful and psychic) they would have a terrible time, but not as bad as the time they'd have vs decepticons and Gems who don't have ears.

They also really don't have advantage of numbers. At all, especially vs the decepticons and Alternians. They have an increasingly small bunch of taxxons and hork-bajir. Technically they have the largest population but most of that population is slugs.

The Galra would probably be vulnerable to infestation, we know it's possible to build rebel cells within the ranks, though the big issue is going to be kandrona rays.

• Agree x 3
  10. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

If we throw the Autobots in there as well we'd have a weird kind of free-for-all, with some sides not being aggro against some but not mutually

Like the 'cons and gems go against the fleshlings first and might temporarily team up. The 'bots would act against that, but the second Voltron shows up near the Galra all bets are off because humans?? piloting something that is obviously a beastformer combiner?? 'cons would take the propaganda and run with it, in the meantime the Galra can do the clever thing and get the fuck out of dodge.
    The trolls just go after everything that is not a troll, but I suspect they're horns over claws for the gems because it's bling they can lay at the feet of their empress. But before that Condy would totally play nice with whoever lets her and get their guards down so the trolls can do some damage.

(for the record, i was way ahead of y'all with that thought on page 23)

• Winner x 4
  11. Acey

Okay but consider: the trolls not realizing that Gems literally are their gemstones and can regenerate, and thus only poofing them.

Imagine a horde of very angry gems regenerating in Condy's bling pile.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Agree x 5
    • Winner x 4
  12. winterykite

well, it goes about as well as you might expect ::DD

• Agree x 1
  13. KarrinBlue

Man the Galra (read: Zarkon) have never done the clever thing once when the other option is fighting Voltron.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  14. winterykite

.... shit youre right

considering they, as an empire, have let themselves be stopped by five kids in a trenchcoat build-your own-combinersona-mechsuit, they're the first to go down
    zarkon's last words will be "go after voltron"

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    • Winner x 3
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

whatever the fuck mind-altering that the rift did to zarkon vs a high-ranking imperial yeerk in zarkon's head, who wins

lotor as infested galra who's actually doing the policy of absorbing other cultures and putting effective sorts in charge

16. KarrinBlue

I mean in canon Lotor doesn't seem at all interested in continuing or expanding the Empire?

Also I think rift goo wins. Or, alternately, some weird shit happens and now the yeerk doesn't need kandrona rays and may not be able to leave.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

rift weird shit happens and he and the yeerk fuse into one mind
    gems make scandalized noises

• Like x 2
  18. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

yeah, he really really doesn't. which disappointed me, i thought that was the route he was taking at his intro. but a yeerk in his position could Do Things beneficial to both empires.

shit a powered-by-quintessence yeerk would be op tho

19. Striped Stocking

Striped Stocking Fashionable legwear

I donĀ“t think that would work out with the IDW version of decepticons just because ideological differences.

• Like x 1
  20. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Does it count as a crossover if I desperately want someone to translate Lokasenna into the parlance of a modern rap battle?

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice