Crossover Consideration Station

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 17, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I like this one a lot! They're like jades, but everybody hates them

• Agree x 3
  2. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

sollux as an aburame is so on the nose it hurts, but like int eh BEST way

vriska being "possessed" by spidermom fits so painfully well into the whole demon/fey thing trolls have going on. it even kind of fits with how the ancestors are shown in-comic.

also laughing my ass off at the thought of karkat being so cantankerous and fighty and social because he's literally from the caste (albeit a mutant of it) that's meant to hold their own in interpersonal exchanges with biju. like Programmed From Birth to Argue With God.

also imagining crabdad as like The Littleist Biju. Half A Biju. 1% Biju.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  3. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

yes hello i am here to talk about The God Eaters by Jesse Hajicek and Star Wars

namely, how much i want to smush them together

4. Jean

Deshah is me. Caveat: I really need to reread that book.

upload_2020-10-5_10-21-39.png upload_2020-10-5_10-22-39.png
    upload_2020-10-5_10-25-3.png upload_2020-10-5_10-25-41.png upload_2020-10-5_10-25-58.png upload_2020-10-5_10-26-11.png

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The Young Wizards series by Diane Duane is very magic as somewhere between conversation and programming, might be parallel enough for these purposes.

• Informative x 1
  6. Jean

Another thing i need to read! I've been meaning to for a while, actually... It sounds like a good one.

7. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

In terms of Mando gods, in the EU there were a total of three of them. Kad Ha'rangir was a god of destruction who brought change and growth to the galaxy. Back when they worshiped these gods, the warring was done as a religious celebration of Kad Ha'rangir. His opposite was Arasuum, the god of stagnation. Things like sloth, idle consumption, lack of striving and motivation. All of that falls under Arasuum's wheelhouse. He was detested and was ever at war with Kad Ha'rangir. Then there is Hod Ha'ran, the trickster god. He is the god behind fickle turns of fate. The little things that cause wars you thought you'd won to turn against you suddenly and without warning. Hod Ha'ran can be a help, but Hod Ha'ran can be a danger.

These gods were eventually abandoned for not pulling their own weight, and instead worship turned towards war and struggle as concepts in and of themselves. As well as the concept of the Manda. Which is a sort of general shared oversoul for the Mandalorians. When you die, if you had a soul (read: were a Mando), you are believed to join the Manda and become eternal. But not stagnate. You are darasuum, the antithesis to arasuum. This also means you are now part of a connected and perfectly united Mandalorian consciousness. Of interesting note, Mandalorians post-god abandoning do not consider themselves a religious people though their beliefs in the Manda and the ritualistic maintaining of the soul through following the Resol'nare (Six Acts) likely reads as religious. The main thrust of their culture at this point from a spiritual standpoint is the soul of shared Mandalorian culture itself, in a way.

With Disney canon we don't currently have anything on any gods. We do know that there is a religion, but the specifics of deities, if there are any, are currently unknown.

• Informative x 2
  8. Jean

I figure I can work within the framework (however sparse) and make up a god that fits well for my circumstances. I do need to spend some time looking at the website for Mando'a to figure out a name, though.

• Like x 1
  9. Jean

I am working on a "Shmi Skywalker is a lost Heterodyne" storyline and I am very excited about it.

• Winner x 4
  10. aetherGeologist

aetherGeologist Well-Known Member

That really explains a lot about Anakin

• Agree x 3
  11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I was considering Redwall crossovers with everything, as I usually do, and my best idea for an analogous "demon among humans" situation in a Good Omens fusion would be Crowley being a snake who stumbles around in a weasel costume, failing pathetically to make the limbs work.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Aziraphale among the Archangels would be a rabbit among hares, definitely. The other demons probably would have to be something other than their TV-show beast forms, or at least Dagon and Beelzebub would because fish and flies aren't sapient in Mossflower. I don't know what an analogue to Adam's magic would have to be though, since there isn't any undeniable magic in the Mossverse, but I guess he personally would be a runty baby rat that got swapped out for a mouse in hopes of having an insider at the Abbey?

• Agree x 1
  13. Jean

I deeply crave Sollux Captor & Todoroki Shoto interactions.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I actually started writing the Redwall/Good Omens crossover I mentioned above and a Discord I'm on had a lovely discussion about the equivalent of the
    Queen tapes in the Bentley.
    [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I wanna see Loki, specifically new show Loki, and lupin the 3rd interacting in scenarios listed but not limited to:

• Drabbles based around a "monthly meetup" where they meet and drink while cheating at card games as a form of flirting that they never do more about
    • Fantasy story where everyone has a spirit attached to them, usually just like a little ball of emotion, and lupin gets stuck with a very grumpy elder spirit who begrudgingly teaches him magic and what can only be called "lighthearted treachery"
    • Lupin happens to be a demigod who's father is known for his "evil ways" and basically uses his skills to break the misconceptions (it doesn't work)
    • Lifeswap!
    • Bert and Ernie living situation but they're both Ernie
    • Loki has a human persona called Lupin and gets into shenanigans

16. Jean

Suddenly thinking about Legends of Tomorrow x BNHA.

Having sacrificed himself to destroy the oculus, Leonard Snart finds himself dropped into the world of My Hero Academia.

In Japan, for some reason? Well, immersion really is the best way to learn a language.

And he knows how to blend into the criminal underbelly, even with the weird new time powers the oculus must have given him.

(He's not a bleeding heart and he's not a hero, but there are some things even a man as cold as Leonard Snart can't turn away from.)

...no clue what those things are. one of the many instances of child abuse? something that reminds him of Lisa and/or Mick? also he is not nearly as cold as he likes to think he is.

• Like x 1
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Someone come play in the Pokemon/Naruto space with me! I'm thinking what companion mons with which characters, main or side, and I've already decided Gai is totally a gym leader with a fighting type build excepting his last and strongest Mon who is a seemingly random psychic type

I kinda want kakashi with a yamper but I don't know if it's too adorable for him. Maybe it used to be Minato's?

18. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

...too cute for kakashi who signs his stuff with a children's writing mnomonic device? too cute for kakashi who gave all his ninken little matching vests and headbands?

honestly its totally on point
    hell give it a deep voice and it can be pokemon verse pakkun

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Headcanons so far:

• Gai's strongest - A really overleveled Medicham
    • Sakura - Snubbull
    • Itachi - Honchcrow or Mr. Mime (because storyline)
    • Kakashi - Yamper, Chingling (bell test), or Aegislash (crippling guilt made physical by the soul sucking)
    • Rock Lee - Lucario
    • Sasuke - Pawniard (because storyline and I'm mean)
    • Iruka - Primeape
    • Hinata - Bewear
    Edit: alternatively I really like the idea that rock Lee could have a hawlucha

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

:O you're right, how did I not see this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice