Crossover Consideration Station

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

The adventures of Nepeta Heterodyne and Equius Sturmvoraus (or maybe Equius Valois? One of that clan)

• Like x 3
  2. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

/whines about silmarillionstuck hair color problems

3. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

I just had a thought: the events of Stephenson's Seveneves caused by lots of Sburb sessions. Or at least a badly coordinated seven player session.

4. blue

blue hightown funk you up

da2/xmen!
    fenris works pretty well as an anti-magneto, with a similar lab rat backstory but coming out of it with the opposite ideals.. the mage conflict maps over pretty well.

• Like x 4
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh man i have no plans to do anything with this idea but i just had a thought. what if FMA/homestuck crossover, where rose is an alchemist and dave is soulbound to a sword, because rose was messing around with shit before she learned how to do everything properly. alternatively, edward as a sburb player with alphonsesprite trying to break the game so alphonse isn't stuck as a sprite anymore.

• Like x 3
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh yeah, i forgot. if you've ever wondered what a pushing daisies/the hobbit crossover fic based in a Sentinals and Guides AU setting that is over 100,000 words long looked like, well look no further because i have just the fic for you. i don't even know what to say, other than it is REALLY well written. don't ask how i found this.

• Like x 2
  7. Wiwaxia

So I was reading through @Beldaran's tumblr backlog, like ya do, and I came across this.

At which point it occurred to me that Fury Road is basically just some kind of quartz leading a bunch of Pearls offplanet while pursued by hordes of kamikaze Chromites, and stumbling across some random-ass human on the way.

• Like x 10
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Oh my god.

Also while I am in this thread I kinda want to throw Kamen Rider Fourze and Steven Universe together. They both have main characters whose powers are Friendship and Believing in their friends and helping their friends be more, happier thems. And kids carrying out the legacy of space-affiliated parents they have no memories of.

Mostly I just want to see Steven and Gentarou be friends, and befriend each others' friends to the best of their ability. The recent Peridot episodes made me want to see Kengo and Pearl try to cooperate on a project that requires them to share their respective technological expertise.

Not to mention the wonders and dangers in a universe with aliens more technologically advanced than humans, and people who are hard light constructs derived from crystals...

9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Yes. Excellent. I would like more please.

ETA: This is about the Pearl thing, I don't know Kamen Rider

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    • Like x 1
  10. garden

garden lucid dreamer

ooh we have a crossover thread

if the phrase "winter soldier / jurassic world crossover" doesn't immediately sound awesome

then this sentence should convince you otherwise:

"Barnes hesitates to call any mission that required punching a velociraptor easy, but this wasn’t hard enough."
    (link)

• Like x 7
  11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Understuck. Sans is the time player. Chara rage and Asriel hope. But what classes. I guess Rogue of Time? Prince of Rage maybe and Page of Hope. I guess. Yeah. Toriel is the space player. Hands down. Motherfucking ass Sylph of Space with her Rogue of Time bf. While Asgore cries in a corner with his plants and tea.

• Like x 1
  12. Aondeug

imagine

blooksprite

• Like x 3
  13. garden

garden lucid dreamer

@Aondeug
    oh my god understuck yes. sans is absolutely a time player. i will contribute more thoughts to this later after my calc class is over.

• Like x 1
  14. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Well, I read the first 5 paragraphs and I have reading for the night, thank you.

• Like x 1
  15. garden

garden lucid dreamer

@Aondeug
    Okay, some Understuck classpect rambling (side note: I often find myself agreeing with, and using, bladekindeyewear's analysis of classes and aspects, so those links are a lot of my basis for these thoughts). (Other side note: I'm not paying attention to the genders of the various classes. I'm also not trying to pay too much attention to making sure everyone has a unique class and aspect at this point.)

-Sans is definitely a Time player, but I'm not certain if Rogue's the best choice. I'm vaguely thinking Mage or Seer?
    -Frisk (in pacifist route) is possibly the most Blood player to ever Blood. (Based on the following definition: Blood is grounded in the bonds, unity, and suffering that glue people together toward whatever goals they may seek to effect into reality under their combined power. (link if you're interested in that kind of thing)) I mean, come on, they make friends with everyone they meet, and at the end of the Pacifist route they're the one who's brought all their friends together! For class... Mage, maybe? Witch?
    -Asriel and Chara for hope and rage definitely fit. For Asriel's class... Page, maybe, or Heir? Prince seems pretty apt for Chara though.
    -Undyne might be Breath? Maybe a Knight or Witch?
    -I'm thinking maybe Light for Alphys, given how much she watches Frisk? And... perhaps Page, for her? Not sure...
    -Not sure for Mettaton. Breath? Heart? Void, even? Will have to give him further consideration.
    -Papyrus could be Heart, maybe? Though he's pretty Hopeful as well...
    -Toriel could well be Space, though I've also been considering Life. Either way, a Sylph would fit pretty well, I think.
    -Asgore: .... I don't. know?? Will have to consider this at a later point...

Looking at that list, I think I just unintentionally went in rough order of how sure I was about my analysis...

The real question is: who are the Prospit dreamers and who are the Derse dreamers?

• Like x 1
  16. Aondeug

I tend to just punt based on mine and a friend's thoughts on the things. Anyway...

Heir of Hope fits Asriel a bit more in terms of dumb theme shit. He is the heir to the monster kingdom after all. Chara's title is especially apt for another reason in that case since they technically would be considered a prince I suppose.

Toriel I stick as space because she just. Is. Space. My space senses are tingling. By which I mean especially creative or mommish persons I tend to toss into space. And Toriel is like the Dolorosa^2.

At any rate Frisk is definitely the blood player. Just because I am biased I kind of want to say Witch of Blood just because I think the outfit would look really fucking sweet. Which is a terrible reason but it is fitting given theories on what witch is and just. That outfit, yo.

Undyne I feel is definitely a knight. And either breath or light? Breath does fit though I think. With Alphys I am also torn between breath and light. Class wise though...Seer maybe? Observation and gathering info is most definitely her thing.

Sans I honestly have no idea what his title would be but mage sounds ok.

Mettaton I say heart fits given the whole identity and self thing he goes through. Which makes me think that page might fit for him? Since his thing is wanting to get this thing and him having the potential for GREAT AMAZING THINGS. From a humble ghost to sexy robot with the finest legs in all the underground, yo.

Papyrus I've no clue. The Lord of Pasta.

As far as dreaming goes...I am not really all that...learned on the whole dreaming thing. I haven't thought about it much. Though I tend to stick Time and Space players in Derse and Prospit just on principle. So Sans and Toriel would be Derse and Prospit respectively. I do like the idea of sticking Asriel on Derse and Chara on Prospit though. Which might not be the best fit I just kind of like the sweet good child on the dark doom planet of purple while dicklord supreme is on the bright kingdom of gold and white and stereotypically good colors.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    • Like x 3
  17. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Okay YES Toriel is Dolorosa^2. Mom^2. Space works for her, then. (which is also helpful cause uh, no idea who else would be Space...)

Undyne as Knight of Breath feels right to me. Seer of Light could work for Alphys, too. Hmmm.

Heart for Mettaton, okay, yeah, that actually works pretty well? Page feels a little passive for him, though, but on the other hand I get what you're saying about his great potential. Hmmmmm.

The difficult thing with the classes is that I'm not really getting a "stealing" or "redistributing" vibe from anyone, so I'm not sure if anyone's Thief or Rogue... and Chara's the only truly destructive character. (I mean. Other than Flowey. But that might be because of Chara's influence anyways.)

I laughed a lot at "Lord of Pasta." Although... part of the aspect of Life is also about energy and optimism? So that could potentially fit for Papyrus. Still don't know what really fits class-wise. Maybe he is a Lord.

Asgore pls. Why are you so hard to analyze? Is it because you didn't actually do much, other than (try to) kill humans if they made it all the way to you?
    He doesn't really fit either Mind or Void, two of the three aspects which are yet unassigned. Doom, though... okay, yeah, that sounds pretty unlike him, but.
    Doom is the way Life’s energy is boxed in by rules, caution, boundaries and Order, like the black-and-white chessboard on which the game is played. The way Life’s energy decays, is destroyed, expended, consumed, and sacrificed. (...) Doom mentally involves pessimism about action, entails regret and reluctance, caution and hesitation (often in the sense of restraint), self-hatred, holding back on what you want.
    (description from this post)
    Which I think could potentially describe Asgore's actions after Asriel's death: sacrificing humans that show up in order to accumulate seven human souls to break the barrier, but having utmost reluctance to actually leave to hunt down humans himself.
    ....On the other hand, after his anger passed, most of his reason for the crusade against humans was to give the underground hope, so. Still... not super sure.

Dicklord supreme is right (that's Chara's actual title now). Anyways, most of the characters come in pairs of a sort... could be interesting if each 'pair' was split, dreaming-wise. So, Chara's on Prospit and Asriel's on Derse. Sans is on Derse, so Papyrus is on Prospit (too cheerful to be anywhere else tbh.) Toriel is Prospit; Asgore's on Derse. Could be interesting if Alphys is on Derse - I mean, hey, if she can talk to/tell off the Amalgamates, she could probably stand to listen to horrorterrors. Undyne could thus be Prospit, and I'd put Mettaton on Prospit as well, which leaves Frisk on Derse.

• Like x 1
  18. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Partner and I have a long-running rp between us based on Kingdom Hearts so whenever we get into a new fandom we just...pick up the world and toss it right in. We have so many weird crossover pairings. (Platonic and otherwise.) Just...so many.

Kingdom Hearts and Star Wars go really well together, actually.

(Also no one cares but it dawned on me that Elsa from Frozen and Veigue from Tales of Rebirth have identical character arcs complete with antisocialness and ice powers and they should be bbfs.)

• Like x 2
  19. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

@Enzel putting everything in the Kingdom Blender is a hobby of mine, NGL

• Like x 1
  20. Wiwaxia

Suddenly want to see Jones throw down with a bunch of gems. Earth rock versus space minerals, go!

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice