Crow Puns And Other Bullshit

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 16, 2018.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

for folks who want to read about someone being ridiculously stoned at an anime convention, please read "A Savage Journey To The Heart Of An Anime Convention" by M.S. Harkness, you will not regret it, it's as amazing as it sounds and i'm so glad i bought it.

for people who saw the sidebar, i went on an adventure today to a comic shop and a used game store. the game store i only picked up a copy of Legally Blonde bc i no longer own a copy and it's really hard to find one for some reason where i've lived?? and in the comic shop i grabbed a book that, having just finished reading it, i'm so glad i bought. it's called "Dare to Disappoint: Growing Up in Turkey" by Ozge Samanci and. ...Goddamn. I think that's just what I needed.

I made it all the way to the very end before the message became fully clear and just sank in to me. Don't be afraid to fail. Even if you fail there's so many opportunities that happen, and some only appear after you fail. Don't go after something just because you believe someone will be proud of you.. odds are they either won't be proud or you'll have them being proud and then not being happy personally at all to show for it and still be left unsatisfied. just. shit, man. That and it's interesting to see what life was like in Turkey in the 80's and 90's, I didn't know about any of that, it was neat to watch her grow up.

I've been on the go and on the move since 6:20am. I walked a half mile to campus, walked through a hospital to get to my appointment, walked back to the bus, went home, laid down for like an hour or two.. then got back up and went on my adventure all over again. it's about 5pm and i'm finally gonna nap for a while.. i have eaten a sub and a big mango smoothie, i've taken my meds, i've gotten sunlight and lots of fresh air, walked a ton and stood a lot, i've read 3 comics, been inspired, taken selfies, cuddled a cat, almost cried, and walked many stairs. tomorrow i have PT.

today has been a very very ambitious day and i wouldn't change a second of it.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. TheMockingCrows

8D slept ten and a half fucking hours after the SlowFast effect wore off last night lmfao. heavy PT day today. 10 minutes on bike at good resistance, two types of leg machine, a third leg machine specifically for hamstring, weighted leg lifting, tall steps, ice down. gonna go once a month till my next surgery to maintain so i'm Ready To Fite and not be left with no leg to stand on. literally.

THEN i wound up walking an extra 2 blocks round trip to go pick up an alolan raichu at a raid that i'd been needing, evolved my stupid grimer, caught a chansey with decent fucking cp and evolved it, and then got an iced coffee and headed the fuck home. i'm in a Heap rn and very very tired and p sore but. goddamn. i kicked so much fucking ass today and yesterday. like. Holy Shit i walked a lot.

• Winner x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

.... + walking through store and carrying groceries inside and then two 12 packs of soda upstairs :D i'm Dying.

i forgot to mention also that we were still tracking my pulse and blood pressure and stuff at PT and it was kinda interesting. at 60 diastolic i was feeling effects and light headed and cold faced... but when I was at 43 diastolic i felt p good and ready to roll despite being like. Super Close to fainting. pulse dropped to 66 as well at that point. it's v strange to realize how ass backwards my stuff is sometimes.

4. TheMockingCrows

oh noooooo the walkies caught up to meeeeee i can barely mooooooove

• Witnessed x 2
  5. TheMockingCrows

todays fuckton of drawing has so far concluded that Love Is Stored In The Giant Demon Boyfriend, and that he's so big because otherwise the love wouldn't all fit. alas it's for a zine and i can't show the pieces till zine comes out, but they look cute. c: might need to totally redo the first one though, i'm not super pleased with it..

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. TheMockingCrows

im ridiculously pissy about the fact i can't seem to draw myself at all, even as a cartoon. either the face is all wrong, or i look skinny and pretty which i'm not, or i look Terrible which i don't, or its any other number of things. >:l for someone who wants to tell a story about their experiences in comic format sometime this is kind of. Really Really Really obnoxiously annoying. ugh. this whole no sense of self makes it even harder.

• Witnessed x 1
  7. TheMockingCrows

8llll i hated the composition of my first piece for the stridercest zine so i chunked it and made an entirely new concept sketch doodle up w/ my mouse and i'm muuuuuch more happy with it. gonna try working on it tomorrow.

8. TheMockingCrows

i did so much cleaning in the kitchen today, man.

uh. a bit too much actually, oops. but i cleared some shit out of the fridge and organized it a bit, did two loads of dishes, swept the floor, cleared the table off, put two loads of dishes away, took out trash, mopped a little bit, reclaimed a pan that's been set aside and kinda ruined for Ages.

I'm pleased w/ myself. C:

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  9. TheMockingCrows

huge ass indie and alternative press comic show: next month
    AN ACTUAL REAL LIFE ODDITIES EXPO IS GONNA BE DOWN THE STREET FROM MY HOUSE: IN MAY, A WEEK AFTER MY BIRTHDAY

>W> :Excited vibrating:

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. TheMockingCrows

pokemon.png

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
  11. TheMockingCrows

my legs were kinda stiff and i wanted to do some activity for them so i shuffled through my list and found wall sits and was like "ok i can do some of those." i managed two sets of one minute spurts. Very hard on me, but I did it! :D Amazingly though I'm noticing... that the non-operated on leg is my bad leg now. It wasn't as strong, it wasn't as stable, it was tired quicker. Which. Makes sense, I mean, they were kind of amazed I was functioning with my patella like it is and here I am exercising with it but the last several days have just kind of highlighted the fact that it's lagging further and further behind as I build muscle on the corrected leg.

it hurts. it's sore. it's not as flexible. it doesn't bend quite right anymore. it clicks sideways a lot. it makes me stumble sometimes if I'm standing wrong. The foot on that side goes crooked most often. it's not nearly as strong, from toe to asscheek, it's not nearly as strong.

..... that's so weird. my childhood Bad Leg became the Better Leg when the right one went to fuck and back, and now it's back to being my Bad Leg despite not being the one recovering from surgery. I'm way ahead of the game recoverywise anyway but like. Jesus.

robo-body when 8UUU looking forward to summer surgery even if schedule's gonna be fuckin' wild.

• Winner x 1
  12. TheMockingCrows

im trapped under a cat. kricket refuses to get off my chest. every attempt to move her has her changing position and pinning me down and purring from another angle like a fluffy martial arts master

• Like x 4
  13. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I know that feeling, only I have three cats and from time to time they all want to lay on me

• Like x 1
  14. TheMockingCrows

it's worth it when it happens but at other times it's like "oh god, why, have mercy pls"

• Agree x 1
  15. If that were my fate I would just accept it

16. TheMockingCrows

it's all fine and good to accept it but sometimes ya gotta pee or go get somethin' to eat and they too wiggly to carry w/ u

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  17. TheMockingCrows

i have kricket to the left of my hips, smelling like sunshine and fresh air from lounging in the windowspace.
    i have ham cat, Scout, to my right on a cushion purring away.
    i have an off brand energy drink.
    i have rosemary and olive oil crackers.
    i found a lot of good artists on instagram today and saw Many Wonderful Tiddies drawn by a very skilled artist in a style i like (among other things i promise but those are some Rockin' Tiddies)
    it's raining outside, and cool in my room.
    life is good rn. c:

• Winner x 3
  18. TheMockingCrows

GOT A WASH OF BADFEELS ALL AT ONCE SO I EXERCISED. WORTH IT. VERY WORTH IT. did wall sits. three sets of 30 seconds each, which watching Ghost Adventures on youtube, with stretches in between. and two spurts of 1 minute long each after a brief rest. it was white hot straining urge to stop and rip my hair out and scream because the muscle was being pushed to its limits, but it wasn't Pain. I wanted to stop but kept pushing because I was almost at my little goal, i was Nearly There, I couldn't stop then I just COULDN'T

so i didn't
    and i had to pull myself out of the sit by using the wall opposite me
    but i did it
    i did every one of those
    my legs are doing that nice feeling Exhausted Muscle ache and i'm reclining again and resting and relaxing and i feel at peace again because i'm focusing on my legs instead of lingering badfeels i couldn't logic out of my head.

• Witnessed x 1
  19. TheMockingCrows

i finished my first ever reroot. i ki n d a misjudged how much to use per plug as i went so i wound up with a p thin space low in the back of the head, but the hair's Hella Long and really thick everywhere else so i dont think anyone will notice..? but g o d my spine. i stayed up way way too late last night working on it bc i got in The Zone and finished it off just a bit ago. it's been hit with the fabritac now and is drying, and then i'll be taming it with some boiling water. But. Holy shit. i did it. :'D

ive also got two appointments tomorrow, one early as balls, and considering i've been stuck in the "wake up at like 11:30 every day" mode again, this is gonna be Balls lmfao.

20. TheMockingCrows

hhhhhhhh poured the hot water on it!!! im worried i didn't let the glue sit long enough but at the same time it survived the pour and its waterproof and i assume that once the hair gets dry and im able to fuck with it tomorrow it should be more than fine?? im just so very "AAAAAA" bc ITS HAPPENING, THE DOLL MAKING IS HAPPENING, AHHH. ... OH GOD I HAVE TO MANAGE TO DO THE FACE AFTER THIS GJKLDL SHIT, PRESSURE ON.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice