Crow Puns And Other Bullshit

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by TheMockingCrows, Dec 16, 2018.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

"tag this as incest and i'll eviscerate you"

do you realize that 1. two people standing side by side isn't automatically incest so i don't see why anyone Would and 2. you threatening me like that is having the opposite intended effect because I don't fucking respond well to people threatening me and telling me what to do?? congrats now i want to tag the thing that to spite you.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. TheMockingCrows

still at roomie's fam's place till evening, and. jesus i've been writing so much. a few thousand words on a fic i haven't updated in nearly a fucking year, since right after the marriage went to full shit levels. but just.

I sat and tried to think of the last time I was honestly relaxed and content. Like. Not worrying about this that or the other, not being jerked around by someone I cared for in some way, not wanting for contact. I couldn't remember it. Right now I've kind of got that. I've been at my roomie's family's house for a few days just relaxing and playing board games and eating tasty foods, resting in a side room bed setup because of my leg for accessible bathroom and such without stair wrangling, and just.. it's been so nice? So nice. I've managed to write more in the last 2 days than I have in Months. It's just been flowing, not like pulling teeth at all. My pain isn't overwhelming. People have been super sweet and helpful at the drop of a hat, and really welcoming to me despite me just being a +1 visitor tagging along. Even when I'm not in the center of things, I can just hear Happy Family Sounds from around the corner in the great room and it's just.. it's great. It's so relaxing. There are dogs wandering around, and a few cats like cryptids darting here and there, and christmas lights when I lay down to sleep making the room very gently rainbow colored, and the sounds of people coming and going.

Christmas was kind of delayed till we got here, but geeze, it feels... nice. This is a great holiday, I needed this after such a rough year.

• Winner x 2
  3. TheMockingCrows

todays hyperfocus is "I want to customize monster high dollies and I want several proper BJD to love and to make things for" as well as "I want to make doll clothes". down side is, i'd need a doll to act as a model for making said doll clothes so. >:/ alas that's not an option just yet for me. harumph.

THEY'RE SO PRETTY THOUGH.. AND THE MONSTER HIGH OOAK'S I'VE BEEN SEEING AGAIN ARE ASTOUNDING.. :dies slowly: and bjd are so expensive. im die. ahhh.

• Like x 1
  4. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

5. TheMockingCrows

ball jointed dolls! very moveable/poseable resin dolls with multiple joints and strong elastic cording. you can give them whatever hair or eyes you want, you can color their face however you want or have others do it for you or the company of origin. they can look extremely lifelike, there's a ton you can do with them! Someday once I get one I want to like.. discover how they're made and the general measurements/glide movements so i can design my own. i also want to try making clothes and stuff, it seems fun. c:

• Like x 2
  6. TheMockingCrows

if i can't have a bjd of my own yet... what's stopping me from making a bjd character...?? >:?c I'm an artist, I can draw whatever the fuck I want.

hm.

after i finish this unicorn, i should sketch up some ball jointed people. i love the aesthetic of them in drawings in general, it'd be neat to have some of my own to toss around. maybe make them someday as legit ones. c:

7. TheMockingCrows

I DIED HOPPING AROUND THE THRIFT STORE BUT AYYYY I lucked out on some things. Some shirts, some crop tops, a pair of jeans, a lil messenger bag the right size for art supplies and stuff to keep them separated and mobile, a hard side Triforce wallet, a new belt, and a pinstripe skirt. :D

my legs hurt. so fucking bad. so so bad. they had no wheelchair and all i had was my walker. BUT I DID THE THING AND GOT CUTE SHIT SO??? im happy.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. TheMockingCrows

took the plunge, lads. i went on ebay and grabbed a single lot of used dolls. most of them are already without their hair, and some have their faces off. its not Many dolls, but its Some, and i'm stoked to get my hands on them. :33333 WHEE NEW HOBBY HIGH

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. TheMockingCrows

brain is having some Issues now that the dolls are here (THEY'RE SO CUTE) and that i invested in my supplies, but there's no goin' back now. we're invested in this bitch now.

also, check it out, i'm gonna put this hair in the Cedar doll that came in the lot. bc a wood patterned, tan skin tone with this pretty green makes me think woodsy witchy fae type feels.
    [​IMG]

other plans for the dollies in the lot i got: a fox girl with white hair, a sona-ish doll, and... undecided bc the blue hands and forearms are throwing me off and im undecided yet. >:lc the other dolls in the lot are one not for customizing bc its not articulated, and the other is kinda Borked but that means its a perfect mannequin doll so. ayy.

10. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

excuse me thank you for bringing these jaunty nerds to my attention, this song is very much my jam

• Like x 1
  11. TheMockingCrows

progress shot of new oc of mine who needs a name. super pleased with her so far tho. her first incarnation was really static and awkwardly posed and just... i think i was aiming for serene too hard and it just didn't fit her at all. this one's bubbly and sweet and a lil derpy but i love her, and she enjoys treats as much as i do so whee.

love.PNG

• Winner x 1
  12. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

the haaaaaaair <3 <3

13. TheMockingCrows

i got curious about Monster High since I've been looking at the dolls so much and thinking about customization. I saw "Haunted" on youtube and started to watch it and??? it's really cute? the shit, it's cute.

14. TheMockingCrows

me, the day before the con bc we're skipping day 1: do i have time to dye that fabric for the new cape i wanted to make for forever? :msap:
    I'm gonna dye the cape while roomie asleep, i can walk now! :mpsa:
    Oh, the pot is dirty.. ..... oh the sink is full of dirty dishes and also dirty. :mspa:
    i will wash the dishes. :msap:
    oh the dishwasher is full. :mspa:
    the dishwasher is now full of dirty dishes and washing. :msap:
    the sink is now stopped up :mspa:
    I WILL PLUNGE THE SINK :mpsa:
    i plunged the sink and scoured it and it's beautiful now :msap:
    ......... :mpsa:
    i'm too tired to wash the pot and dye the fabric right now, maybe in a little bit. :mspa:

• Witnessed x 2
  15. TheMockingCrows

proud of the things i did tho. now that i'm more mobile I'm able to help out again. helped roomie load an entire car full of recycling and stuff yesterday, before my physical therapy session. the difference is already amazing tbh. we both wind up lacking spoons or being caught up in the bluhs, and with her executive dysfunction its rlly hard for her to start on things.. and when anything falls behind its like choice paralysis about where to start. by contrary I'm a fucking whirlwind but I have low stamina. so i can appear and steamroll through a Lot of shit in one go, but then I'm wiped out. sometimes tho, that steamroller is all that's needed, and the neat side effect is when I'm rolling along she'll be able to find things to do to either help extend what I'm already doing or find things that only she can do at the same time, and it'll unlock her ability to Can. I love being able to help out like that. After con I'm gonna try helping her get her room under control so she can enjoy a free open space, yknow? it's really comforting to have, and we need to move some furniture up to her room anyway, so. why not. c:

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 1
  16. TheMockingCrows

it is rest time again. whoops. i fell down the stairs lmfao. went to go scrub that pot i was gonna use for dyeing out aaaaand leg forgot how to leg about four steps from the bottom. i fell backwards and slid down the rest of the way, but my leg hurts now. absolute safest way to fall tho, Go Me. c: felt well enough to go scrub that pot out before it started to hurt and i came back upstairs to get painkiller.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. TheMockingCrows

dyed my fabric in the sink and i Crave Death that took so many spoons and idek if it'll wind up what i need or if it'll need a bath in the darker dye to cinch it. Mystery desu.

but god just. so much standing and kneading and leaning and struggling and More Stairs and just.

i am so tired.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. TheMockingCrows

poo, fabric didn't turn out the right shade, i do indeed need to put it in the darker bath briefly. :/ but not tonight. it's already 10pm and if i was healthy or had assistance I'd do the thing and it'd be a funny con memory but it's Just Me and i don't have the strength if I want to be capable of anything tomorrow. oh well. earlier tho i DID find this cute, older, small pattern scattered print that I'm excited to use to make some doll clothes. it'd look gr8 with the mori kei pattern, i just need to.. be able to get to the library to print them out ;v; i wish i had a printer sometimes, shit.

anxious as fuck for tomorrow but i will be there, in my old ass cosplay i've warn for the last like. 8 cons, with my call list and backup and i will conquer from the wheelchair.

19. TheMockingCrows

i fell into the hole, omg. Monster High is absolutely precious. and i also poked at Ever After High and it's Aesthetic as Fuck.

but srsly look at this cute lil bitch, i love her, i love so many of these characters designs
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 1
  20. TheMockingCrows

still felt kinda weird brain wise so i channeled all of that frustration into cleaning kitchen. first pass was scrubbing out the compost bucket and putting new things inside, collecting dishes that'd scattered all over the floor in there, gathered some recycling things up and put them where they need to go. resting now. gonna do a round 2 attack later on. p content so far. it really really needed it and with roomie spoonless and me spoonless but full of Desire To Can No Matter What i used my whirlwind powers.

man. lmfao maybe the knight of time thing is accurate. i'm on a timer any time i'm upright so i have to get As Much Done as I can before that timer runs out. because even once i sit down, once i stand up the timer is there again but shorter bc i was already tired from the first round.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice