Crying over cosplay

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by mizushimo, Aug 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Do you guys know much about iron-on transfers? I tried to do one yesterday but the first one made the iron really sticky and the second one keeps rubbing off the paper if you touch it.

2. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

@tickingnectarine not really? Did the sheets come with directions? With the first one it sort of sounds like you had it transfer part up.

Also does anyone have ideas for steven's shield? Was thinking about using a captain america one as the base, but im not sure how id cover up the details.

Edit: oh wait, duh. Epoxy. Nvm about that last part!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  3. It came with instructions and I followed them. I'm not sure what I did wrong but con is in 3 weeks so I'm probably gonna panic.

4. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Sometimes directions assume that you know how to do the base thing, like Iron. You should look up a few youtube videos on how to do an iron on transfer and follow their directions exactly. That way you can see what you are supposed to do.

5. electroTelegram

electroTelegram Well-Known Member

i've decided to try for a gijinka-ish bb-8 this halloween! im sketching out ideas and im gonna go to the craft store tomorrow. super last minute but im excited

• Like x 1
  6. Important question for con season- how can I wear a wig cap without it digging into my forehead and killing me and giving me breakouts over the course of the con?

7. mizushimo

The wig cap shouldn't be on your forehead, pull it back a little past your hairline.

8. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

my little brother wants to do limb enhancer peridot for his VERY FIRST COSPLAY in less than a month and im just sitting here with my knees pulled up to my chest

child

• Like x 1
  9. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

10. I'm screaming I can't get my horns to stay up and con is TOMORROW

I'm going to cry and have a breakdown in the hotel room

11. I spent so much time and money on this costume and spent the last two days scrambling to get a wedding dress and veil and now the HORNS won't work

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  12. electroTelegram

how are they attached right now? is it the weight of the horns?

13. It's just total shit. The horns were attached by snaps on the horns, which attatched to cardboard and snaps inside the wig. Those were floppy but acceptable. I thought I'd try to improve it with wire. I got glued wires to the horns, stuck them through the wig... and the wires snapped off the horns.

14. Part 2- I tried to weave the wire through the snaps but it's too fucking floppy, they won't stay up at all. I tried wiring them to the headband veil thing but they won't stay still on that either. Weight is probably an issue but it's too late to do shit about that.

15. Part 3- I have now torn a disposable coffee cup into pieces and am trying to use that inside the wig to help hold the wires in place.

16. Part 4- okay. With the cardboard, and with the veil thing over the horns so the horns are inside it, wobbling and flopping is within acceptable range. God I hate my life.

17. mizushimo

Oh God no, it took me about two solid months to make mine. granted, I'm slowly. but still! He might do alright with cand board and duct tape

18. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

i told him id help him make the headpiece (we're going with a solid helmet thing instead of a wig, cheaper and less finicky) + bodysuit but he was on his own for the limb enhancers. let's see how this turns out

19. Alska

Alska Well-Known Member

Got my Stevonnie pants more or less finished! The crotch needs to be taken in a little and the cuffs made, but thats it! Then onto the shirt and accessories c: then.... Then onto Ocean Jasper, which should be an adventure.

• Like x 1
  20. electroTelegram

im going to try and go as the fisherman trainer class for fanime this year, i got the boots on sale last week and i was gonna go out this week looking for pants but! i found my aunt's old hiking pants in the closet and they're perfect

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice