Current Music

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lissa Lysik'an, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

The contradiction between being in San Jose, CA and still relating to this tune makes me giggle.
    Tab Benoit - Nice and Warm.

2. Lissa Lysik'an

Buddy Guy - It Feels Like Rain. (has lyrics in the video)

3. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

4. Lissa Lysik'an

Smokin Joe Kubek & Bnois King - Runnin Blind

5. shmeed

shmeed plant me

6. shmeed

shmeed plant me

this is such a jam omg

7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Been listening to this one constantly lately. <3

8. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

During a visit to a friend, I talked with him about how most of the new music I find these days tends to be shitposts of some sort or other, mostly because I tend to find new music through tumblr. He asked if I ever find stuff that I actually like for the musical aesthetics rather than because of the humor value derived from "this is a thing you recognize as silly, either taken seriously or entwined with some other thing you take as silly, and in either case with way too much effort put in relative to the merit of the original". And I had to think about it for a long while, and the best I could come up with was "I can't tell anymore."
    Anyway, here's Scatman's World played on a music box.

• Winner x 3
  9. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

Kesha's new album is so fucking GOOD!!! The whole thing isn't even out yet but I already love it. Everything she has released so far is fucking fantastic.

Praying- or the one everybody went crazy over. SO GOOD! It's about refusing to let your abusers have power over you anymore, and hoping that they go off, realize what they did was wrong and bad, and better themselves. The first time I listened to it I teared up. It also has a stunning high note and gorgeous cinematography

Woman- A fucking BANGER!!! Catchy and a lovely vocal feeling, jazzy and fun. It's very lighthearted and made me grin. It's great but there is the line "I wanna be... your little blue eyed gypsy." which might make some ppl uncomfortable but Kesha has stated that she has Romani ancestry here

Learn to Let Go- About coming to terms with and letting go of past trauma. I wasn't really into it when it came out but I like it now.

Hymn- "A Hymn for the hymnless"

• Winner x 1
  10. shmeed

shmeed plant me

11. Birdy

Birdy so long

12. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  13. Azurite

Azurite Just Floating

Recommended if you like 10+ minute songs and/or scatological humor.

:smug:

14. Ipuntya

Ipuntya return of eggplant

15. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Two of my favorite musicians collaborated on a song and it's fuckin killer
    When the world is a danger to you/Keep getting stranger

16. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

@prismaticvoid I think "The Forgetting Room" is my favorite track off that album

• Like x 1
  17. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

TFW you discover the music you're listening to is significantly more obscure than you thought it was, because the full song isn't even on Youtube.

Oh well, here's 1:46 of the 3-minute song:

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Witnessed. Liking super obscure music can be such a pain. :(

Meanwhile, this is a fuckin' jam.

19. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Dan Bull! Just lots of his stuff. I mentioned him to @Acey the other day. English youtube nerdcore rapper whose main topic is video games. I believe he's autistic and likes cats.

And my very favorite, which he did for Little Nightmares:

Someone in the comments said it sounds like a rap that belongs in a Tim Burton movie. I find it delightful.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice