Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

thanks
    it was Hella Busy too, so in between this shit i had to help people buy a shitton of crickets and/or fish, and half our fish tags are missing so how much does this shrimp cost????? fuck if i know??????

• Witnessed x 5
  2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

"day before Thanksgiving" features:
    • A lady who was angry I hadn't bagged her order when she got to the register... because she told me she had her own bags, and then refused to hand them over
    • The ever-present Uncomfortable Old White Guy who insists on reaching around the register (and into my personal space) to scan his own rewards card
    • No break, of course, though I'm less salty about this on a 4-hour shift than I have been on previous longass holiday shifts
    • so many unprotected bleeding turkeys. So many. So Many.
    • Bonus: no cleaning supplies on the front end, so hooray for trying to mop up said turkey blood/brine with paper towels stolen from the bathrooms
    • A lady who got angry because the computer automatically removes discounts now, and she liked the old system where she could withhold her rewards card until the end of the order and watch everything come off at once. (This was changed because.... doing that continually lagged out and crashed the registers. This was changed four months ago.)
    • A Latino guy who tried to tip me for bagging, even though we get in trouble for taking money that doesn't go directly into a register, and refused to take his $3 back
    Ahhh, holidays. I am.... Dreading my Friday shift, ngl

• Witnessed x 11
  3. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

This week has been the calm before the storm. Our Black Friday sale goes live tomorrow and I am not looking forward to coming back the queue that we are going to have after being gone for a day...

I know there were a few wtf customers today, but evidently they weren't memorable enough.

• Witnessed x 4
  4. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

I'm ready to die tomorrow fellas I work a 9 hour shift and everyone wants to buy their huge appliances but nobody wants to wait for the fucking loaders to pull them. "UM, ive been waiting for 10 MINUTES" bitch it takes a little bit of time to get a fuckin washer/dryer combo loaded up and moved across the store and also DO i look like i care

• Witnessed x 11
  5. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

I don't remember anybody being particularly horrible during our black friday preview yesterday but considering I was dissociating so hard by the time we closed that I barely remember driving home I could very well have forgotten.

We only had 3 people on for most of the day and 1 isn't a salesperson and another can't multitask. Our store is huge, and at no point did I have fewer than 5 customers I was helping. Between 10 and 6 I never even had time to use the bathroom. Who thinks this is a good business model?

• Witnessed x 11
  6. theprettiestboy

Good luck everybody!

• Agree x 3
  7. Jojo

Jojo Writin and fightin

I'm back from my 9 hour black friday shift it was wild and every single employee was on the clock so there was an exess of cashiers, also i fucked off to the loading bay to avoid customers and there were just a couple of employees with an electric griddle and crock pots making breakfast food so i spent 20 minutes eating fried bologna and biscuits & gravy while on the clock. Also an old man got fuckin pissed that i couldn't find his rewards card with his phone number but literally never told me what he wanted he just started spouting off his number while i was ringing him up like thanks, dude, thats not confusing at all, theres only 6 different pages to put in customer phone numbers depending on what you're trying to do

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    • Witnessed x 6
  8. Re Allyssa

Today was a lot slower and less hectic than I expected.

Monday will probably be worse

• Witnessed x 2
  9. theprettiestboy

It was actually not as bad as Wednesday for me, except that our card readers kept crashing and some lady screeched at me for way too long about her coupons

Coverage was much better though

• Witnessed x 1
  10. I have survived black friday and am having a nice weekend off. Still gotta survive until Christmas though. Hang in there, everyone.

• Witnessed x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  11. Tfw a customer comes in and tells you to smile more, then whacks you on the back in a “friendly” manner
    Then on their way out they say you really need to cheer up
    Fuck off, buddy :)

• Witnessed x 8
    • Agree x 1
  12. Okay so for part of my job I’m at a table upfront helping patients with Medicare prescription coverage, and while I was helping in the photo lab a customer just. Sat down in my chair and stayed there. For twenty minutes. At my table with all the Medicare pamphlets and stuff.

That was awkward.

• Witnessed x 4
  13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

?????? Why that. Why would they do that.

Also: yesterday at work my manager made me re-sweep and re-dust the same areas so many times. She kept saying everything was filthy, and like, I have a weird sensitivity to that I know, but I was still just so irritated and self concious about my cleanliness senses. And then she scolded me for being behind on the cleaning. And sprayed everything with so much febreeze that I had to put my sweatshirt over my nose to not feel like I was inhaling mist.

• Witnessed x 4
  14. theprettiestboy

Sounds like a her problem

• Agree x 3
  15. Re Allyssa

at the end of my day I had a woman being pissy at me on the phone because she "wasted 3 hours of her life" on our site trying to place an order. Because she wanted to use her paypal balance instead of a card connected to her paypal. because she wanted all of her holiday shopping in once place, you see. (nevermind that if even if she didn't use her balance, if she paid with paypal, it'd still be in paypal.....)

yelling at me saying i'm just customer service and my supervisor is just customer service and isn't IT, I tried to explain that actually, he kind of is because he works closely with them and often fixes things before they have to see it, but he's our main contact point for them. She didn't let me get past because.

telling me that my supervisor had to have some kind of code that would let her get the discounts for today. i told her we didn't because that's not how this discount worked. I offered to honor the discount as a refund after she placed her order (it's $30 fucking dollars, what ever) but that's not good enough.

she was just really annoying and talking down to me the entire time and that's like just below triggering for me so i'll stop thinking about it now.

Otherwise we took almost 500 calls today, which is a lot for this company, and i don't think it was too bad :)

• Witnessed x 6
  16. We had s customer come in looking for a foam neck brace thingy, which we had. I gave him directions and he found it. He then asked if he bought it at the pharmacy, could we bill it to the insurance. I start by telling him that to do that you need a prescription-

And he whips the box up off the counter as aggressively as I’ve ever seen someone pick up a box, mutters about customer service, and storms off to the front of the store.

I didn’t even get to the part where our pharmacy isn’t licensed to fill prescriptions for medical equipment. And he was so pissed.

I hate men.

• Witnessed x 4
  17. Re Allyssa

I've had so many shitty customers this week that I can't even remember them all.

I was gonna type one up from tonight, but eh, I don't feel like it xD

• Witnessed x 8
  18. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

My favorite quote this week was "are the bathtub crayons easy to wash off?"
    like. uh. i mean. yes? I havent personally used them but the purpose of this product is to be a washable thing so probably yes they actually wash. I am mildly positive of my company's ability to make products that work.

19. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I will say, as a parent, you'd be surprised how many products advertise as easy to clean/non-staining/etc. that turn out to be damn liars. Liam had more than a few paint shirts because his "washable" paints or markers were not.

• Like x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I had fun with bathtub crayons as a kid but I have 0 memory of whether they stained or not.

But yeah, nonstaining things don't necessarily not stain all surfaces/fabrics/etc they come in contact with (it might wash off porcelain, but not a cotton shirt)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice