Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Time for another round of 'doctors are morons (and also rude)'

We get a patient in with known antobodies (anti-C, anti-D). Last differentiation is from early december, so by the rules of best care, we gotta do a new one cause the current one is older than 3 months.
    I call the doc to let her know, going through my spiel as usual. Doc is... Reluctant. Like yeah it's easter weekend and sending stuff to the red cross will be expensive. Doesn't change the underlying Problem.
    Now since the 3 month window is kinda narrowly missed Here, we do have a paperslip the docs can sign that basucally reads 'yes i know that not doing this is a bad idea, i still don't wanna do it'
    So i offer her to come down and sign the paper because like FUCK am i going to stick my own neck out there for the doc's decision. She agrees, so far so good. Except 15 minutes later she calls back like 'i talked to the superior docs wie don't needs this and i won't sign anything'
    Which would stick me with all the blame so my reaction is 'yes you will'
    And the doc has the fucking gall to tell me that no she won't and she ain't got time for this but in an hour Superviser Doc will be in and i should discuss this with him.

And exchange that naturally takes place about 10 minutes before i could theoretically leave the lab.

• Witnessed x 9
  2. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I came into 15 wholesale opens and 20 retail opens. I've been I wholesale calls for the last 3 hours and they've been coming in so fast that I'm three calls behind and had not touched my opens.

... The good news is that I feel like my shift only started like half an hour ago

• Witnessed x 7
    • Useful x 1
  3. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I miraculously finished everything I needed to with a few minutes to spare. Also my coworkers were kick ass and finished both queues so I didn't have to worry about them

• Winner x 5
  4. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

They know me at the Subway... “you’re the girl who works at [the burger joint] but doesn’t want to eat the burgers....” that’s me

I just want to be away from burger grease for a minute Alright... it’s quiet here

• Witnessed x 7
  5. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

I lost a lot of weight working fast food cause I didn't wanna eat the food.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  6. TheOwlet

We got a vortexer today and as a result four grown ass women proceeded to vortex their fingers for funsies.
    We're very serious we swear.

• Winner x 5
  7. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Last summer, the coroner's office didn't tell me that every time they send us a new fax to get a death certificate done, there's a freaking code on it that expires when a new fax is sent.

So.

This happened for three weeks, until I called to ask them what the everloving fucking fuck:

1) they sent us a fax, which I put on my boss's desk, unless one of the other assistants actually got it first

2) several days later, the boss brought it to me filled out (the first time) or came into my office saying, "haven't we done this before? how many times are they going to ask us? I'm not redoing this!"

3) I sent back the original filled out fax

4) They never told us that it wasn't acceptable

5) several days later, the deceased person's daughter called me, justifiably angry and upset

6) I sent the filled out fax again

Lather, rinse, repeat, until I finally called them on the telephone and through some miracle of G-d managed not to chew them out for not putting this information on the faxes they sent us.

• Witnessed x 6
  8. TheOwlet

Don't get me started on the bureaucracy that's like... official. We gotta let the local health authorities know about confirmed flu and noro cases, for epidemic statistic and stuff and we had this major flu wave at the start of the year that didn't just like peak for two weeks, it plateaued for a solid month or more. So we were faxing a lot of this one form to the relevant authorities at all hours of the day.
    and it somehow still took them to week to get back to us and tell us that we were filling the form out wrong. But did they get back to us directly? Noooo. one of the doctors called in, kinda pissed that now she was forced to fill the form out proper so we all had to do the bent and scrape.

• Witnessed x 7
  9. leitstern

I hear you... I lost thirty in a year... because I hadn't been up and moving much before (depression) and work made me want to not eat -u- I'm more used to it now and can stuff my face over break but its not with burgers... it's salad or one of our lighter sandwiches every time lol.

In more current news,

I called in today for the first time since I called out because of a car wreck over a year ago.... I feel nauseous as fuck... not like I'm gonna barf right now but like I'll be nauseous for a few hours.... and the thing is if I could drive myself I'd go but Darling took the car to work this morning and I'd have to get an uber... and i I got into someone else's car I'd vomit into it..... I know I would I have intense carsickness. I'd push through it if I could drive myself but. fuck my paycheck I'm not fucking up someone's work day + their car that's their livelihood that would be shitty af

• Witnessed x 4
  10. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

For some reason, we haven't received at least some items on the last two load days (one pallet missing saturday, at least 3 today). I Have Some Concerns, not least that when they eventually come in we're going to be expected to do Everything in one day.

• Witnessed x 9
  11. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

So my workplace has a no unnatural hair color policy, i dyed my hair a brightish but not, like, fire engine red about 6 weeks ago now and it's faded to, while not a typical redhead color, a close to natural red that also blends well with my natural color. Not one manager has commented on it in this time other than the day after I dyed it one of the cash office managers complimenting it.

Yesterday a coworker dyed their hair like, fire engine red, and the boss of all my bosses is going to be in town for a week. So my head manager decided he has to pull everyone with dyed-looking hair aside and tell them they need to find a way to change it.
    Like. I'm sorry, but a) I hate my hair being blonde or brunette and black is a commitment i cannot take right now, b) I had a faded color called 'power violet' in my hair when you hired me, c) I am literally putting in my two weeks tomorrow. I can try a strong shampoo to make it fade more if you really want but I am actually re-dying it bright red in 16 days, I am not wasting the $10 an hour you give me on hair products because you decided you were too lenient on me a month ago

also we are an attraction based on coloring and all our announcements say 'have a colorful day' why the fuck does our dress code include no unnaturally colored hair or nails. what decade is this

• Witnessed x 8
  12. ZeroEsper

If you're putting in your two weeks it's highly unlikely that they'll fire you for your hair - they'll probably just decide 'whatever' and let it be.

• Agree x 1
  13. theambernerd

Yeah, honestly considering the track record of our managers I expect if I'll probably literally never hear about this again, I'm just irritated that I had to look at my manager and try and explain that it's hard to get dye out of my hair and also i'm too poor to buy dye removal right now, i havent paid last months' rent yet

• Witnessed x 4
  14. theambernerd

and also like, he literally said 'you've probably noticed we've been a bit too lax in our dress code policy, we're trying to fix that now' like
    don't punish me for you being inept at enforcing company policy. The day I dyed my hair I was 100% ready to be told to go home and I'd have shrugged, bought dye remover, and moved on with my life. But you didn't, you waited over a month to tell me 'hey i was on the fence about your hair but now that other people have done worse than you now you have to go fix yourself'

• Witnessed x 4
  15. leitstern

That's called someone ruining it for everyone >u< I've gotten dangerously close to being that person before since I have a habit of disregarding the peripheral rules and only following the big ones. I figure I can carry my phone in my pocket, no one cares... but then someone starts texting at the register and Hell blows up and devils riding goats stream out proclaiming doom on their trumpets

• Like x 2
  16. Last night I answered a call from a customer complaining about the cost of her medication. No, not because her insurance didn’t pay for it- they did, 100%. She was complaining because medication shouldn’t cost hundreds of dollars to begin with. Like, lady. I know that. I fucking work here.

• Witnessed x 8
  17. ZeroEsper

I love when customers think you set the prices.

• Agree x 4
    • Witnessed x 1
  18. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Arguing prices is why I will forever hate the four for four at Wendy's. There is no other thing people would argue with me as much about than that fucking meal. Because dammit they told us it was four for four how dare you think to charge tax you evil Wendy's bitch. It was always the worst with assholes in suits and nice cars. Piss on you and your suit and car. I've no time to argue about tax with you.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  19. ZeroEsper

I used to work at Wendy's and honestly FUCK the four for four arguments.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  20. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

the worst is when they order a lemonade and didn't know we upcharge on the fucking natural lemonade and will input that as your choice unless you specify the light lemonade

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice