Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. We had a customer get a prescription for Pain Reliever. We didn’t have it in the usual brand, so as usual we specified the change on the label and mentioned it to the customer directly. Later that day they called us about it and we told them again that it’s the same medication, just from a different manufacturer.

And then this morning we get a call from the doctors office about it. Apparently the patient was confused and/or upset about the medication and the label being different, and took it to the police station.

I got so pissed off that the pharmacist now has me on filling duty.

• Witnessed x 6
  2. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

"Well how was I supposed to know that cost extra"

Read the signs
    Ask
    Logical inference

Pick a method

• Agree x 2
  3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

inorite

The best are the ones who do it about like the fancy fruit drinks that involve mixing puree into things. Like why the fuck would you think the mango fruit tea thing would cost the same as a coke. WHY. Also it is just a few cents more jesus just take it, you're a fuck in a suit.

Also people getting furious about ketchup being on request only. When there is a big sign in our window that says it is on request only and I'll just grab it for you if you ask. Like it's not that big of a deal. I'd prefer you not ask because it's technically easier on me, but I can get it you don't need to be pissed at me.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  4. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

OK, to be honest that isn't fair to them either unless it's printed up somewhere that they are actually likely to see while driving a car, possibly with fighting kids in the back, but

THAT'S STILL NOT YOUR FAULT

• Agree x 2
  5. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

It's corporate's fault, yes. But I'm still going to be fucking pissed that someone is arguing with me about something that is printed on the fucking board. We serve two kinds of lemonade. They cost different. I'm sorry if you didn't read that board, but I do not have time for your bullshit. Now either pay or change your order and then leave.

• Agree x 3
  6. Someday we won’t have to deal with this anymore.

• Agree x 1
  7. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

IMG_5310e.jpg

Gee Amber, how come your manager lets you have TWO radios??

aka I work in an area that is supposed to have 4 radio-wearing staff members, usually by the end of the day there is only me. so I end up shepherding 2-3 radios around.

• Witnessed x 2
  8. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

I hate that there are certain customers that have learned that making a fuss gets them special treatment.

I wrote an order, I always read the due date to the customer several times and point it out to them on their receipt. This guy calls us demanding his order 4 days before it's due. Coworker tells him it's due Tuesday. He calls again today (Monday) and is really rude to my manager about it so she pulls it to be completed early, in front of 6 other people's orders that are due today.

I call him to tell him it's done and he says cheerfully "Oh, ahead of schedule? That's great, thank you!" It took all I had to not reply "You're welcome, you two-faced, entitled dick."

If you want your order earlier, pay the $40 rush fee and stop harassing barely above min wage workers.

• Witnessed x 13
    • Agree x 1
  9. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

One of the Internist department heads is an unrepentant fucking dick.
    Like every time you call him about anything he not just manages to talk down to you as if the labwork we do could be sensibly handled by toddlers.
    But today took the fucking cake. We got some very very bloody pleura aspirate (liquid from the gap between lung and ribcage). We run it through the machine, machine nopes out on splitting the leukozytes into subgroups. Cool, means we put in 'cannot be determined' deal done, they send it somewhere else. But not today.
    Department dickhead calls, demands that we do the split manually. Boss tells him, very politely that we don't do that Here and none oft us got any experience with this Material. We can do manual blood cell counts from actual blood, no big. But aspirate? Yeah not really.
    Dude's reply: how hard can it be, just do it. So guess what i just fucking did and let me tell you, this looks NOTHING linke normal blood. I wish dearly to drag department dickhead down here and let him do the fucking count himself, see how he likes it.

• Witnessed x 6
  10. cleverThylacine

...pleural aspirate can contain blood, but it is NOT blood, how the hell do you not know this and have an MD? Plus if it's malignant G-d only knows what else is in there.

11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Oh i am absolutely sure he knows that, he just doesn't give a fuck about making things hard on us. This is after all the same dick who wanted to know what kinda leukemia (another, unrelated) patient was having, based on a single Pappemheim stain.

But yeah the aspirate absolutely contained large indifferentiated bullshit and at least two cells i would have firmly put down as blasts.

12. cleverThylacine

Ugh. MDeities at their finest.

• Agree x 2
  13. Customer: hi, I need to get a refill for one of my prescriptions.
    Me: sure thing, which one do you need?
    Customer: I don’t know. (Shrug)
    Me: (screams internally)

• Witnessed x 4
  14. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Can't relate to that customer, I always know exactly which prescription I'm after when I head to the pharmacy (because I usually leave it till the last moment and I'm anxious about getting my refill)

• Agree x 5
  15. We have a lot of customers who keep good track of their meds but a surprising number of customers that don’t. Like this is for your health, you should know this, it’s important for your wellbeing. I’m worried about you people.

• Agree x 3
  16. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

I have 7 different prescriptions to keep track of that all refill at different times. Sometimes I'm not gonna know which one is up off the top of my head -shrugs- I just hit the refill button when my pharmacy emails me that it's time for a refill. Sometimes I look to see which ones are getting refilled and sometimes I don't bother and just go "yeah give me whatever's ready"

• Witnessed x 2
  17. Yeah I mean that’s fair, I mean the people who don’t hit the refill button at all just come in and say “hey, I need something and I don’t know what.”

Part of this is probably personal. I feel like people should (be able to) keep track of their medication even if they need additional tools for it. It isn’t necessarily easy but it’s important stuff.

The other part is we can’t. We sell 400 prescriptions on an easy day. We can’t keep track of an individual person’s medication with that level of detail offhand. We can usually do it by process of elimination- “Okay you got X last week, so it’s not that, but it’s been almost a month since you got Y...”

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  18. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Ahhh slightly different than I what I was thinking. Fair!

19. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Can they not just bring in the empty bottle???

20. Apparently not.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice