Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

.... Welp I did in fact read it wrong

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

So today the credit card readers were down at work, so we could only accept cash, which made a lot of people angry

The card readers being down meant the rewards system was also down, so people couldnt earn or use rewards points, which made a lot of people super angry.

Something like 90% of the sales in the store are only abailable with a rewards card, so nothing was on sale, which pissed people off like you wouldnt fucking believe.

Oh, and the card machine being down down make the cash register lock up at the end of every transaction and i couldnt start the next one until it unfroze anywhere between 30 seconds and 3 minutes later, which pissed people off so mich that a few of them left in a huff and just left their shit sitting on the counter.

And oh yeah, i almost forgot.

Its a holiday.

• Witnessed x 17
  3. Been there, done that, hated it. You have my sympathy.

At my job things were so busy yesterday we had 30 prescriptions left to fill at 8:30. And the pharmacy closes at 8. It never ends.

• Witnessed x 4
  4. Re Allyssa

My coworker after getting off a call : "That customer was nice. She loves her [products]. She has a lot. She told me all about them." in the tone of voice equivalent of (ʘ‿ʘ✿)

• Witnessed x 6
    • Winner x 1
  5. Re Allyssa

Another thing. We have a bug where our order processing system is not talking to our shipping system properly.

One of the eng narrowed it down to "If you have decreasing quantities for multiple products that come from the same warehouse, you'll get this issue"

And like I know computers and that checks out. But like. W O W

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  6. Sethrial MacCoill

Apparently my store is doing some kind of pill disposal thing tomorrow that i had no idea about until i started getting calls asking when it is. I offered to transfer them to the pharmacy because i hadnt heard anything about it.

That was highly unacceptable to one old guy who wanted to know why the fuck i couldn’t answer his question.

Because, my dude, i’m a cashier. They don’t let me touch the pills.

• Witnessed x 7
  7. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

Gotta love the "well why can't you just" questions. Apparently customer service jobs are supposed to grant perfect omniscience and we're all just doing it wrong :/

• Agree x 3
  8. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

So it's near closing and this couple and their kid come to the register. Right before the wife swipes their card the husband hands me $20. Now what does 99.9% of cashiers think when someone hands them money? That's right that that's payment. Apparently he was wanting change for it (which we don't do) and didn't want to spend it and I hadn't heard him say so over his kid shouting about wanting candy. My manager had to void the whole thing and rescan it so they could pay with a card.

• Witnessed x 12
  9. Sethrial MacCoill

A customer called me complaining that they scratched the number off their playstation gift card when they were trying to get the code, and wanted me to give them a new number over the phone.

1. Thats illegal

2. It wouldnt do anything anyway since the cards arent activated until we scan them and enter an amount

3. Once a product leaves the store it’s the customer’s property, and it’s no longer my responsibility. If you want to treat your belongings like shit and break them, that’s your own damn fault and it’s not my problem when they fall apart.

• Witnessed x 8
  10. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

Why can people not read signs? Honestly half of the people I rang up today had stuff they said was on sale but it wasn't or was on the digital coupons that Dollar General has. The number of times I had to tell people that no only the clothes with the yellow dots on the tags are on sale is staggering. That and telling folks that the sale price is only if you are using the digital coupons. A lot of older folks get mad over that because. "They don't want to have to get a smart phone just to get coupons."

• Witnessed x 6
    • Agree x 2
  11. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

We've finally got a 'no entry for unauthoritzed persons' sigh on our door. Hopefully that's gonna keep the patients out of the lab now, I'd rather be rung to the door three times a day than have them stand in the lab where they got no business being.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Like x 3
  12. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

phd: I really need this really expensive non-standard gaming-grade high-spec laptop to do my research! I can't use an ordinary peasant-grade one, ffs.

us: okay, fine. Here you go.

phd: Waaa! The bios config is password protected! You have to unlock it!

us: Nope. We've had too many incidents of people setting some unknown password on a laptop then disappearing, leaving us with an expensive computer we can't re-use. We can unlock it for you whenever you want, but our policy is to keep the password secure.

phd: That's just not good enough. Take it back, I'll use my own.

us: okay, but that's not getting refunded onto your research budget.

phd: fine, I'll leave it in the cupboard and just not use it then.

us: ...

• Witnessed x 9
  13. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

That sounds incredibly suspect, like someone who wanted to make off with a very expensive laptop

• Agree x 4
  14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

It's really not uncommon, people keep using research grant money to buy expensive gaming computers "because I need the processing power for research".

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

nah, academic types are prone to snits and huffs.

• Informative x 4
  16. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Excuse us

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  17. Re Allyssa

My alma mater has a donation line where they employ students to call alumnus to solicit donations. It's like, a shitty thing that the school does, esp when they direct you there for like work/study things and a;lsdkfas that's a different convo.

Anyway. this poor girl is giving me the script and I start off by saying I can't donate and she's like "okay can you answer some questions tho" and I was like, "sure okay", like a sucker.

She's going through the script and telling me all the things the fund does and asks for like $20/month. And I respond with "I can't afford anything right now," hoping that that would be enough to get her out of the script

But no, she has to go through the whole thing again, slightly differently and ask for $10. so I go "Money is tight. I really would rather you didn't ask anymore" hoping that THAT would get her out of the script.

But either she's required to keep going, or she's too new to realize that these escapes exist.

I'm sure she's new, but I think the former may also be a thing and I'm just.

Your script requires that you keep going after multiple denials, it's a BAD SCRIPT AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD (directed at the managers, not this girl). And I'm just a;skldfjasdf I told the girl I wasn't mad at her, bc i know how that is, but come ON.

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  18. Musarex

Musarex Active Member

"Excuse me, but is this call being recorded?"

"Yes, it is"

"Good. Play back the part where I said I wasn't interested."

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. Re Allyssa

Okay, but that's the jerk way to go about it and it doesn't do anything but make a senior agent roll their eyes and a new agent really confused and possibly upset.

Like, I do this for a living, I know there are better ways to do that script.

Edit: if my post wasn't clear, I'm placing ALL of the blame on whoever made that script. The agent was fine.

• Agree x 3
  20. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

When I used to work customer service we were required to get people to ask us to cancel their service 3 times in the same call before we were allowed to transfer them to cancellations. It was shitty and i hated it but if one of my calls was screened and i broke the script i could be written up and possibly fired, and I needed that job to eat.

Be kind to phone workers, save your snark for republicans.

• Agree x 6
    • Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice