Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

what about Republican phone workers

• Winner x 1
  2. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Ugh save attempts suck.

I wish places that have things like that could have an escape clause that's like "okay if they say X then sure you can just do it" or w/e

• Agree x 1
  3. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

If I remember right, if I got told by a customer that they wanted to cancel their services, I had to confirm they meant it and then transfer them to cancellations. ...who would then have to go through a whole script to try and save the account, and usually people were only trying to pull this because they wanted discounts that I couldn't give them, but at that point it was Not My Problem.

• Witnessed x 4
  4. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

At my old job, thankfully I wasn't required to do save attempts, but I did have to transfer them to cancellations.

Where they would have to verify ALL of their information over again, even though they just did it with me.

So someone calls in knowing that they're trying to cancel -> I have to verify their info which takes time and is kinda a pain -> transfer them to cancellations -> they have to verify their info AGAIN -> cancellations does what they can to save the customer.

Like I understand save attempts when it's something you said ("you have to pay your bill, sir"*) that makes them want to quit. But like if they got on the line with the intention to cancel all along, just let them fucking cancel, please.

*I actually did have to say that to a customer once, or something similar. His wife ended up grabbing the phone from him saying "we'll pay our bill, i'm sorry" and hanging up xD

I would also get people who were mad at me for company policy and after yelling at me about for a while, they'd go "FINE. CANCEL MY ACCOUNT. [hangs up]" and I'm like "welp. you're just gonna get another set of bills..."

• Agree x 2
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Honestly, it's rude and I hate doing it, but I still just hang up in the middle of a spiel. No point in wasting my time OR theirs, can't squeeze blood from a stone.

• Like x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. It’s Black Friday week! Stay strong, everyone!

• Agree x 6
  7. emcapi

emcapi Well-Known Member

sort-of-former-grocery-store worker here: for us, it ain't black friday. black friday is downright PEACEFUL. its the BEFORE that we really gotta worry about. (lemme tell you i'm so dang glad i dont have to deal with that this year)

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I work Thursday but have Friday off.......... s2g if they try to call me in friday I'm just gonna say no, Fuck That

• Winner x 3
  9. kmoss

kmoss whoops

I hear the words to use are "I won't be available"

(I signed up to work, hut I get double pay and don't deal with customers so, it's not exactly a problem)

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  10. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

ive got 9-5s all week in my deli job so i cannot WAIT to die instantly once this week is over

• Witnessed x 4
  11. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

Our mall store is short staffed this week so guess who gets to go over there after I finish my shift at my regular store today! Hopefully the bell ringers aren't too close this year.

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 1
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

My store has three fucking cashiers scheduled. Thanksgiving is the day after tomorrow. I am ready to murder someone.

• Witnessed x 8
  13. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

By far the emptiest sentiment I've ever received was "Man, it sucks that you have to be here (work) on Thanksgiving." Like bitch, I'm here because you're here. If there's money to be made they will put someone's ass behind the register. If you want me to be home with my family today, stay the fuck home.

One sentiment I actually did appreciate was "You guys being here is saving my life. I have a newborn and no diapers, and you're the only ones open." Like, cool, helped someone. You still should have bought your shit yesterday instead. Plan ahead, dumbass.

• Agree x 6
  14. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

Guy kept me so late i had to uber home, even in spite of repeated warnings of the closing time and me going "no, seriously, I need to catch a bus, you have got to go"

Fucker

• Witnessed x 6
  15. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I don't know how to tell you this, but newborns don't exactly poop a fix amount or on schedule and you can look at your pack of diapers and think "yeah, that should get me through to the weekend" and then baby chooses that exact time to start a shit marathon. Plus also LMAO PLANNING WITH A NEW BABY IN THE HOUSE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  16. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

i had a party of 18 come in last night, without a reservation, that threw a tantrum when i told them we couldn't sit all of them at one contiguous table

• Witnessed x 7
  17. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

With a party that big, it's not like everyone's going to be having conversations with the whole group anyways. They're all going to be sitting with who they want to talk to. So it's not like being able to sit at one giant-ass table would have changed their dining experience that much.

• Agree x 2
  18. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

they eventually compromised and said the "kids" in the group (the teenagers) could have their own table. there were four teenagers. which meant we still had a party of fourteen to sit at one table.

i did make it work! but still. still.

• Witnessed x 6
  19. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I was old enough when my sister was born to really internalize how babies, especially very young ones, are basically tiny vortexes of chaos. Doesn't matter if they're too small to move around on their own to make messes, their gastrointestinal systems more than make up for that - and that's when they aren't sick.

Considering how exhausted and sleep-deprived people with new babies tend to be and how much work taking care of one is, being all 'plan ahead, dumbass' is breathtakingly callous. Just. Come on.

• Agree x 2
  20. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

The weirdest thing I’ve heard at work so far.

So I was helping stock shelves while there weren’t any customers and this older woman comes up and ask if you have to have a smart phone for the digital coupons. I didn’t think much about it since I get asked about that several times a day so I tell her that yes you have to have a smart phone since it’s actually an app. She continued her shopping and I go back to stocking.

A few minutes later she’s checking out and asks again I guess to make sure or something. I tell her again and she responds with “that’s discrimination against people without smart phones you know.”

I was stunned and just tell her she would have to sent a complaint to corporate since we can’t change anything. She mentioned how she knows we can’t do anything and walks out.

It’s not that hard or expensive to get a smartphone I mean we sell them for like $20 where i work. It’s not other people’s fault you don’t want to upgrade.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice