Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I know it's not exactly customer service, but I had to admit a patient to the ward on Friday. I went to chat with her to hear why she was being admitted, and what her symptoms were, and she just kept calling me the Dutch equivalent of 'honey' and 'love' and 'sweetheart'. -_-

FFS, I am your doctor, not you honey, not your love and most definitely not your sweetheart.

(I seriously don't think I can convey in words how exceptionally out of the norm language like that is for around here)

• Witnessed x 10
  2. I've had customers write checks for a lot of amounts. Lots of high ones, lots of low ones. Some under 5 bucks.

This week I had someone write a check for exactly five bucks.

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

I had two interesting customers yesterday. One older man that seemed to think that when we told him that the bacon bits are in the canned food aisle we meant the aisle with the canned dog food.

The second was right before closing and was your stereotypical punk with a rainbow baseball cap that I thought at first glance was his hair. A studded leather biker jacket that was covered in pins of various metal bands and a few other odds and ends over every possible spot including two very large patches of an anarchy symbol and a band that I can't remember that started with an M and had the word death in it on his back

The one that made me smile was the ghostbusters style logo on his shoulder that had a swastika in it.

• Witnessed x 3
  4. If you see the n@zi again, call the cops or punch him.

5. Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift Sleepy Girl Wants Love

I might be misreading that, but iirc the Ghostbusters logo includes the whole cancel sign - and by swastika in it I took that to mean it was cancelled out. "Anti-Nazi".

• Agree x 5
  6. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

Yeah that's how i was reading it too.

• Agree x 2
  7. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Wouldn't be a lot to smile about if it was a not-crossed-out swastika.

• Agree x 2
  8. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

Yeah it was a anti-nazi symbol. I'm just bad at explaining

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Oh okay I get it now

10. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I have a coworker who's not exactly new. She's been with us for about three months now and was at another pharmacy doing the same thing for a good 5 years before we acquired them and a few of their employees. Anyway, whenever I work with her I do front register and she gets put in photo, and I'm not sure she knows she's supposed to, you know, run the photo lab while she's doing that.

Photo's closing job is kind of everything, straighten up the store, trash, bathrooms, restock coolers, etc, because the photo lab is really slow 11 months out of the year (this being the other month, when everyone wants christmas cards printed). Most of the time I've just been walking back and printing off the photos as they appear in the computer. It's not a complicated job, or a time consuming one, unless you're also trying to run the front register during the busiest season for both parts of the store.

I've asked her if she knows how to do it and she says they say they're going to train her on it soon. In the mean time I guess I just have to do two people's jobs, because god forbid she work the front register for a night.

• Witnessed x 8
  11. Sethrial MacCoill

Me: answering the phone at work: thank you for calling Walgreens. This is Seth, how may I help you?

Caller: Seth! I’m so glad I got you! You were so helpful the last time I called. I saw this laptop bag today and the person carrying it said they got it here. Do you know if you still have them in stock?

Me: Last I checked Walgreens doesn’t stock laptop bags, but they might be a holiday item. I’ll go check for you. Hold please.

Me: *goes and searches the holiday gifts aisle, the electronics aisle, and the misc aisle because it’s a slow day*

Me: it doesn’t seem we carry laptop bags here. Are you sure they said they got it at Walgreens?

Caller: wait, walgreens? But I called Costco! I thought you said your name was Seth. You’ve helped me before.

Me: This is definitely walgreens, my name is Seth, and my job is to help people over the phone.

Caller: oh, that’s so funny! What a funny coincidence!

She called back two more times trying to get costco before I recommended she google their number

• Witnessed x 6
  12. we work for the same company

13. Sethrial MacCoill

Do people leave their brains at home when they come to your walgreens too? Because the number of stupid things I get asked every day is... disheartening

• Witnessed x 3
  14. Oh god yes, a lot of them do. And so many customers upset at us for things that aren't our fault.

• Witnessed x 3
  15. Sethrial MacCoill

God. I’m looking forward to an angry call at some point tonight. We don’t sell wine because my state’s liquor laws were written by lunatics, but we do sell sparkling grape juice during the holidays.

Woman buying sparkling grape juice: do you know if this is any good? Like a good vintage?

Me: well, it’s grape juice.

Her: ha! I guess so! And thank you for not asking for my id. Everyone down here is so uptight about getting an id for everything

Me: ma’am, that’s grape juice.

Her: I like your attitude, kid. Merry Christmas!

And she left. I warned my boss that we might be getting an angry call later tonight. Hope she finds her way to an actual wine store sometime.

• Witnessed x 10
  16. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

My feelings on this season are as follows: giphy.gif

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  17. Today fucking sucked and I hate people.

• Witnessed x 6
  18. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

WHO PAYS A $14 BILL WITH A HUNDRED AT EIGHT IN THE GODDAMN MORNING

• Witnessed x 12
    • Agree x 1
  19. theprettiestboy

Satan

• Agree x 6
  20. theprettiestboy

why are you tugging on my door and glaring at me? look around, literally none of the stores in the mall are open except tim hortons, go away

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice