Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Here’s one from last week I forgot to mention.

We had a guy come in with a prescription for (pre-packaged medication), after I made sure we had it I asked how soon he’d like to pick it up.

Guy: “I’d like it as soon as possible.”

Me: “okay, we can have it done within ten minutes.”

Guy: “why does it take ten minutes? It’s just a box sitting on a shelf.”

Me:

Me: “well, we were closed yesterday due to the holiday so we’re a bit behind schedule and have 30 other prescriptions ahead of you. But I’ll see if we can do it in five.”

It’s like. Other people were here first? And you aren’t the only customer we’re helping today? Is ten minutes that long a wait?

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

I'm boggling, if i get told it takes ten then it takes ten?? Pull out your phone and wait my dude.

• Agree x 7
  3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

yesterday i had someone pay for a $2 soda with a hundo, cleaned me completely out of change, and then when I asked the next person if she was paying for her magazine in cash or card she had no idea what I was talking about. Took four tries of repeating "how would you like to pay for this" in different syntaxes for her to get what I meant.

• Witnessed x 9
  4. TheOwlet

Most shops over here don't take bills that big for purchases that small

• Agree x 5
  5. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

That's the way you get politely but firmly told to shove off, there's been too many people scamming by paying with fake twenty notes, let alone hundreds

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  6. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

we have counterfeit-check pens so we have to take everything that passes :')

• Witnessed x 3
  7. What do you do if you don’t have change?

8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

perish
    Gotta call a cash supervisor over, which is Fun when all the registers are busy

• Witnessed x 4
  9. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

... I don't know about the US, but around here, while you can't legally decline a cash payment under a certain amount, it's the customer who has to provide change if needed.

10. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

There isn't any kind of legality regulation, but more stores will at least have a policy to politely decline small purchases with large bills. I think most people who do that are looking for a way to break a large bill while still making a Totally Legit Business Transaction, because a lot of places won't break your change without a purchase but like. Buddy. Just don't pull hundos from the bank. It's that easy. Hell, i have never even seen ATMs so give stuff in $100, most I've seen is $50 dollar denominations so like. You had to have interacted with a human at some point to get that, why didn't you ask them for a more convenient dollar size?

(the why is because you want to show off having money, don't fucking lie, asshole. When I was working box office for matinee I had a guy come in, first sale of the morning when our drawers literally only have a hundred dollars in mixed change, purchase ONE $9.50 ticket, then proceed to flip past a whole stack of tens, twenties, and fifties to try and hand me a one hundred. Most satisfying thing ever to cheerfully tell him we don't accept bills that large and watch his smug little smirk fall off his face).

• Winner x 1
  11. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

The only time I've ever had anything larger than a $50 bill, it was the result of a gift from - I think - my grandparents or someone they knew, who thought it would be nice. I get embarrassed having to break a $50 for a purchase because I don't have anything smaller, so I really don't understand how people doing that sort of thing don't die of shame trying to use a $100 to try and make a purchase.

• Agree x 1
  12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

i had an old lady come through once to pick up a turnover at work, and when she went into her wallet i saw her look though it and her purse a coyple times before quietly whisering "oh fuck" and pulling out a hundred and go "better make it two"

• Winner x 7
  13. TheOwlet

At least she clearly didn't mean to smack you in the face with a hundred?

• Agree x 7
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

When my momwas doing webdesign a dude legit paid her with one or more 500 bills so...
    Sometimes youre the one who got it handed off to.

• Witnessed x 2
  15. TheOwlet

Fortunately you can swap giant bills like that out at the bank's counter.

I know that when i paid my tat i had some big bills because 600 in small bills is just a giant ball of cash.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
  16. Sethrial MacCoill

A lot of the time where I live it's also people who get paid under the table in hundreds and don't have a bank account. Lot of construction in my city. Lot of cheap labor. The woman who bought a drink with a hundred was an old white lady tho, probably just trying to show off

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 1
  17. Sethrial MacCoill

I have a new answer to “what three objects do you buy together to freak out the cashier” after today.

6 pack of 5 hour energy
    20 oz red bull
    Zzzquil

• Witnessed x 4
  18. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

Oh No

i would have added one of those. protein shaker cups people use.

• Winner x 2
  19. Petra

Petra space case

I grab $100 bills from the ATM to pay my dad with to help with the student loans he took for me, but then he just deposits them. It's convenient for that but I'd never try to like, pay for something in an actual store with a hundred.

20. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Huh, I've never seen an ATM that gives bills that big.

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice