Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Petra

Petra space case

It's the ATM inside my bank, not just in the area between two sets of doors that are available even when the bank is closed. And I can just deposit big checks into it and it'll read them and add the money to my account, etc. So it's not really a standard ATM, but I like using it because then I'm not holding up the teller line.

• Like x 2
  2. Petra

Petra space case

TBH I only do it that way because when we tried to set up an automatic transfer between our accounts it was pretty... esoteric.

• Witnessed x 2
  3. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Convenient stores have policies where you have to make a minimum purchase to use a card all the time. I don't see why stores wouldn't be able to have a similar policy for large bills.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
  4. So this week,

Wednesday was the first day we were open after New Years, and was absolute hell.
    Thursday we got visited by the board of pharmacy, and I personally got called out for making a mistake.
    Yesterday we were still trying to catch up after being closed for New Years and I had an absolute bitch of a customer.
    And I was supposed to have today off, but now I don’t, so fml.

• Witnessed x 6
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

At my work I'm a cashier, and to use a debit card as a credit card on our machines you press the yellow button. We have a sign that says "press yellow for credit" on the machine, right below the screen, neon yellow, big block letters. Every single day, at least five times a day, someone will ask me how to use credit and I'll point to the sign. The look on their faces of "oh god, I'm an idiot" gives me life. It's honestly my favorite part of the day.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
  6. Mossflower

Mossflower Well-Known Member

We had someone the other day throw a fit because our Christmas lights weren’t on sale anymore but the rest of the stuff was. She kept going on about how the signs don’t say anything about that and that it should be on the sale signs if they’re not anymore.

First of all you’re wearing the uniform of the restaurant you work at. You’re lucky it didn’t have your name on it or I’d have been calling.

Second the signs say Christmas decor excluding lights. Third the lights aren’t even on the same aisle as the rest of the stuff.

I’ve just been having a lot of issues with people bringing the stupidest things to my register thinking they can get it on sale if they say it should be. That’s not how that works just because someone set some glassware in the Christmas section doesn’t make it a Christmas item.

You’ll have to excuse me I’ve been getting a bit salty about people and the Christmas clearance stuff.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Witnessed x 7
  7. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

Im just relieved i barely have to deal with customers anymore, i overheard this guy arguing w the store supervisor about how one of the associates gave him a sale coupon, but of course he forgot to bring it with him, and was also told he could get a military discount on top of it even if hes not actually military, but of course he cant identify which sales associate it was, but he was *told* so he should be able to get it right?? This went on for a good 15 minutes.

I'd sure love the gall to be able to walk into a store and just make up sales because i dont feel like paying full price for something.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  8. Sethrial MacCoill

I'd like to know why he thinks he gets the military discount if he's not military

• Agree x 7
  9. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

admittedly i sort of zoned out because i was like "thank FUCK i can just sit here at my sewing machine and not do Customer Service, but man do i feel sorry for my just-out-of-college-with-no-prior-retail-experience supervisor having to wrangle this guy" so i did not quite absorb what reasoning he had other than "a mysteriously unnamed young man told me it was ok"

like my store is very small. there are a total of 2 young men that work there, and since it wasn't the supervisor it would be the other associate, but he is (presumably) trained not to tell random people they can have a military discount. Unfortunately, you can't say "I think you're talking out your ass" to a customer's face.

(I used to work at a craft store, but in October I got a job as a tailor at a clothing store.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  10. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Depends entirely on the store, who's running it and if they think it's a good idea to give their employees that much authorization. I have absolutely told a customer they're full of shit to their face.

• Winner x 4
  11. as someone who used to work at a government call center, and just got off the phone from a half-hour call with a call center, I just wanna say FUCK call centers.

• Agree x 5
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

had a 50-something white lady argue with me today that her chips should go beneath her eggs so the eggs wouldn't break
    gave in, eventually, and bagged it her "proper" way, with multiple warnings that the eggs were heavy enough to crush the chips
    and then she spent another three minutes yelling because, lo and behold, the eggs crushed her chips
    why are people Like This

• Witnessed x 10
  13. That’s what you get for eating eggs and chips

14. Sethrial MacCoill

people don't like that physics applies to them too.

• Agree x 5
    • Winner x 1
  15. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

no they do not

• Witnessed x 2
  16. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

My sibling came home 40 minutes late today because somebody came up 10 minutes before the deli closed, when they'd already cleaned everything, and wanted a pound of gouda cheese (which is soft and starts to melt a little from the friction of the slicer, gumming up the blades and making a mess), a pound of sliced buffalo chicken (the messiest meat to do anything with that they carry), and 2 pounds of chipped ham (and chipping meat is, you guessed it, messy).

• Witnessed x 13
  17. Sethrial MacCoill

I just had the most amazing thing happen to me. I work in a super religious area, like a church on every corner and four services a week, liquor stores not open on sunday type of area.

An old woman just came in to buy cigarettes and came up $2 short. She spent ten minutes digging through her purse while a line formed abd I stood there awkwardly. Finally she dumped the entire mary poppins bag out and dug a $10 bill out of the mountain of crap on my counter.

Her: the lord is lookin’ out for me!

And she unfolded it to hand it to me. It was one of these.

5F69FC49-B83E-452D-9CB4-C7AA250BB005.png

• Winner x 11
  18. theprettiestboy

ooooooh my gooood im screaming

• Agree x 3
  19. theprettiestboy

the lord is watching out for you and wants to teach you not to be a petty asshole

• Agree x 3
  20. Sethrial MacCoill

God wants her to stop smoking

• Agree x 7
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice