Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Okay, here’s a new one. So we had a customer call in regarding a prescription for Bailey [surname]. I found a profile for a dog with that name- yes, we do veterinary prescriptions if we have the right medication.

“To make sure I have the right profile, what’s the address?”
    [customer gives an address in a different city]
    “Uh, that address doesn’t match what we have on file.”
    “Are you saying you don’t have my address?” >:l
    And you can just hear her getting annoyed. Since the profile I found was for a dog, I clarified, “is bailey human or canine?”
    “Canine.”
    “Okay, so we have that part right, what’s the date of birth?”
    [customer gives a completely unmatched DOB]
    “Okay, that doesn’t match either...”
    “Well there’s two Bailey [surname]s, mine and my mom’s.”

After some more digging, it turns out we had a profile for her moms dog but not hers, and had never filled a prescription for her dog before. The customer was snippy and sarcastic, which is always fun.

And on top of that, it’s like... Why the fuck would you and your mom, who have the same last name, BOTH have a dog named Bailey and get their medicine at the same pharmacy? That’s just confusing. This problem could’ve been easily avoided.

• Witnessed x 10
    • Agree x 3
  2. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Why would you give your dog the same name as another dog in your family, full stop? That's just...confusing for everyone, and likely to result in problems. Even if you're spelling it differently. The dogs aren't going to know which Bailey you mean.

• Agree x 9
  3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I really love working at a “neighborhood market” type place because like half of my customers are regulars. I also have a really common face type, and one customer is obsessed with trying to figure out where he knows me from. He’s lived in the same neighborhood his entire life, I moved to this city five years ago. He keeps guessing things like “you were part of the punk scene in Hixson in the 90s.” And “you and I both bought weed from [some guy] in 2005.”

I’m kind of enjoying being a cryptid, so I just laugh and tell him “not quite.”

The truth is I worked at a tourist trap painting faces three years ago and probably painted his kid’s face one summer. I don’t actually remember, but rock city has a discount for locals, nearly free for people who live on the mountain, and that’s the only place we would have crossed paths.

ETA: I was 12 years old in 2005 and definitely not buying weed, so I definitely don't know where he's getting the idea that I would have been into the local punk scene when I was 3 years old

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    • Like x 9
  4. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

a customer who bought a custom suit from me way back in december apparently emailed customer service to say that he had sent the suit back via fedex because he was unhappy with it and expected a refund

there are a few problems with this, the first one being that we don't know exactly where he sent it and he doesn't have the tracking number for fedex

if he sent it to the store, we aren't allowed to do returns without a customer signature *and* we can only give store credit after 90 days *and* custom suits can be reordered for fit but otherwise have a 50% restocking fee if we return them, because we can't exactly resell something that was custom made too easily

the very nice customer service lady who called to tell me about it was exactly as flummoxed as i was

• Witnessed x 11
  5. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

oh don't you just love rogue returns

you can't just "send something back" you need to make sure the company knows you're trying to return something, ffs

• Agree x 8
  6. theprettiestboy

yeah! and if he had emailed before he sent it we would have explained the process and he could have at least gotten something back, but now we don't know where the suit is and apparently neither does he :/

• Witnessed x 6
  7. Today is inventory day. We have to count every single thing in the entire store. It’s gonna be a long day.

Also, had two more instances of customers paying $5 and $10 exactly, by check. Why this?

• Witnessed x 9
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

God, inventory is such a nightmare, Hardcore Witnessed.

Do they make y'all do the "checking other employees' count, and vice versa" thing as well?

• Agree x 2
  9. We have another company come in to do that part.

• Winner x 2
  10. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

a fuckin customer complained about me "interrogating" her when i asked her an innocent question abt what made her return several hundred dollars worth of clothing, and i am POSITIVE that she really complained because she wasnt allowed to return a clothing item bc she didnt have the right receipt

• Witnessed x 4
  11. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

because "you put an icon on my desktop and i want it off!!!"

I tried to tell her this was NOT something we could do. Did she accidentally bookmark it maybe? I try to tell her how to remove an icon from a desktop and the menu she describes is from inside her browser, and I tried to tell her this, but she insists that it's her desktop.

It's her yahoo homepage/dashboard. and it's one of those icons that pop up when you visit a site recently or a lot. google has it too on the new tab page.

eventually she figured it out. she thanked me and asked to take a survey for me, so I went through the steps for that.

but ughhh i hope that doesn't come back to bit me. i had to be really stern/firm with her, so i hope she doesn't give me a negative survey xD

she kept asked for someone who would know what to do and at one point i was like "this isn't something we could control, so no one here would know"

• Witnessed x 4
  12. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

"why is the shelf not COMPLETELY FULL AT ALL TIMES"
    I don't know how else to explain to you that other people buy things

• Witnessed x 9
  13. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

"Why are you out of discounted christmas items?"

Probably because it's three weeks after christmas and you're not the only one who shops here

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  14. theprettiestboy

when i ask you not to put something away, oh customer, i'm not saying i'll get it to be polite, i'm saying i'll get it because if you put it away in the wrong place (which you will) i will never find it again and i just redid the shirts this week

ffs

• Witnessed x 5
  15. So. Last month, one of our techs moved to the east coast. On the 20th, a second one goes on business trip to convert another store into one of our pharmacies. In September she will be going on maternity leave. And today I learned that a third tech will be leaving the company on the 28th. Very soon I will be the most senior technician at the pharmacy and dear fuck I’m not ready for this.

• Witnessed x 9
  16. Tfw you, the manager and some of the other customers KNOW someone is shoplifting but you legally can’t do anything about it

• Witnessed x 8
    • Agree x 2
  17. theprettiestboy

if our door is closed then we are probably closed! don't get mad at me because you don't know how time works!

especially baffling because we're a mall store and everything closes at the same time, so you'd think they'd get the hint when all the other stores are also locking up

• Witnessed x 7
    • Agree x 1
  18. This week has been hell.

At one point today, we had 120 prescriptions printed, to be filled, at the same time.

If we filled one prescription every thirty seconds for an hour, we would still be behind because more prescriptions are coming in, that’s how pharmacies work.

• Witnessed x 9
  19. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

At my last job someone walked into the store, picked up 5 boxes of expensive pens, then tried to return them as if he didn’t just take them off the shelf

My sales manager told him to gtfo

• Witnessed x 5
    • Winner x 3
  20. afarewelltokings

afarewelltokings the internet's #1 Julia Child fan

Also at that job I had to explain to someone that: no paper isn’t a back to school supply; and no, I can’t change inventory codes to give you $5 off $6 paper and don’t care that you’re a student

• Witnessed x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice