Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Story from my sibling: they were just closing their section when they looked up and saw one dude furiously power-walking toward them from the registers. He stomped up and announced, "ONE PERSON! There was ONE PERSON!" Sibling was internally bracing. Customer then continued, "The person singing! There was ONE PERSON who was not kung-fu fighting!" and then stomped away.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    • Witnessed x 8
    • Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. asshole.

• Agree x 1
  3. Key

Key never make a triangle

????????????????????

• Agree x 3
  4. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

honestly he doesn't sound like an asshole so much as someone who either had a very bad day or something going sideways in his head
    and he is right! the guy singing was not also kung-fu fighting! the song lies

5. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Sibling was mostly just, "...well that went a different direction than I expected."

They said if they see him again, they're going to point out that you don't know the guy wasn't singing while kung-fu fighting.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  6. TwoBrokenMirrors

...maybe he was. does that song have a video? i'm going to have to go look it up. the world must know

• Like x 1
  7. TwoBrokenMirrors

Double post ho- well, he was making vaguely kung-fu-fighting-esque gestures and occasionally kicking the air, though not actually fighting anyone. does that count?

• Winner x 3
  8. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 3.21.54 PM.png Once again: HOW DO YOU MISS THAT :psyduck:

• Agree x 3
    • Witnessed x 2
  9. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

is says 'tablet' in the name?!

• Agree x 4
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

devil's (?) advocate: i retain the right to be an absolute dumbass sometimes and i support that right in others (when it doesn't result in harm, etc.)

• Agree x 2
  11. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Yeah that's fair.

I can still boggle at it though

• Agree x 2
  12. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

even if you're so intent on not speaking to me that you feel you *must* sneak a dress shirt into the back to try on without letting me unfold it, the seat cushion is not an appropriate place to put the pins

• Witnessed x 9
    • Winner x 1
  13. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I work at Lowes now. I've worked there for all of two days and I can already tell it's going to be a treat. Had a middle aged woman today not understand how email works. she paid with a gift card. as per the usual she had no idea how much was on it. at lowes you get to choose how you get your reciept. email, printed, or both. she chose email.

her: how much is left on my gift card?
    me: the register doesn't tell me, but it'll be on your receipt.
    her:
    me:
    her:
    me: did you need anything else?
    her: where's my receipt?
    me: you chose email.
    her: so where is it?
    me: in your email inbox.
    her: it had better be.

• Witnessed x 11
    • Agree x 2
  14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Had a lady call in today to complain about not getting the discounted price during our special. She said she was in the drive through line still, so I asked her what she ordered and told her I'd have it fixed when she got to the window, I asked her what she wanted instead, so I could ring it up. I was having some trouble hearing her, and I had to walk in back away from all the commotion/ beeps by the equipment... A rough transcript.

Me: "I'm sorry about that, so you came through drive through and she refused to discount your food?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "All right, and you're still in line?"

Her: "Yes."

Me: "Alright, I'm sorry about that. If you tell me what you ordered we can have it ready when you get to the window. "

Her: "Well, I'm at another location."

Me: "Oh, which location are you at?"

Her: "I'm in mississippi."

And here, it's important to note that I live and work in...
    Minnesota.

Me: "Oh, Alright... I'm not able to do anything for a store that far away."

Her: "That's alright, I just want the corporate phone number."

Me: "Oh, I see. It's (Number)"

Her: "Thank you, have a nice day."

Me: "You as well."

I just... Why would you call a location on litterally the opposite side of the country, like... even if you didn't want to deal with the store you were at, another one nearby would be more helpful.

• Witnessed x 9
  15. theprettiestboy

theprettiestboy wombatman

we get calls like that all the time because for some reason we're the first result if your location is off and you just search for the store

it's super weird

• Informative x 2
  16. Sethrial MacCoill

I'm the youngest cashier at my work by a good ten years (between me and the next youngest. The oldest and I are about 40 years apart), and I'm the only one on the entire front end who knows how to look something up on my phone. It takes a couple minutes because the app is... not great, but I can usually match a product in hand to an item number on the screen within five minutes, at most.

This is sheer witchcraft to everyone else who's worked there.

• Winner x 4
    • Witnessed x 3
  17. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

oh what a mood. my next oldest coworker has twenty years on me and I'm Designated IT Gal by virtue of being the only one who knows how to operate a fucking anti-virus program

• Witnessed x 6
  18. Sethrial MacCoill

We also have work smart phones that I keep forgetting the name of (Zebra. It's a Zebra. It's not that hard.) Today alone I called it my Scantron, Whatchamacallit, Thingamabob, Handy Dandy Doodle-Whatsit, The Infernal Machine, and my Robot Assistant. Words are hard.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  19. On Wednesday, I got a call from a customer regarding one of their prescriptions.

“Hi, I’m (name), checking on the status of my (medication). Is it there yet?”

“Hang on, let me look it up... no, unfortunately it appears to be out of stock.”

“What!? You people keep telling me you’ll order it, why isn’t it there yet?” >:(

“I’m sorry about that, let me see if I can find out what the problem is.” I do some looking on the computer and check our warehouse. “Oh, here’s the problem. (Medication) is on backorder from our warehouse until the end of November.”

the customer was angry, which is fair, and hung up in the middle of me apologizing.

On Thursday, I got a call from a customer regarding one of their prescriptions.

“Hi, I’m (same name), checking on the status of my (same medication). Is it there yet?”

“Hang on, let me check... no, unfortunately it’s on backorder from our warehouse until the end of November.”

“I keep calling you people and you keep telling me you’ll order it for tomorrow! And now you’re telling me the end of November!?” >:(

Lady I told you this yesterday.

• Witnessed x 6
  20. Somebody had the bright idea to put me on alternating close-opens all week. Closed yesterday, open today, close Wednesday, open Thursday, close Friday...

• Witnessed x 9
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice