Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So im doing a training program as a receptionist for a while, and i dont speak spanish hardly at all, so i was taught to say "un momento por favor" and transfer to someone in the office that does, and i keep almost saying "porque no los dos?" instead because the internet has ruined me

Also answering phones is hard and i hate it, but my boss actually took the time to make me a handmade script for different common calls, and seeing as i mostly follow context when i cant quite parse someones speech, its definitely helping a Lot

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 2
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Delivered a pizza to room 420 in a hotel tonight. The recipient was the single most stoned person I’ve ever seen. She could barely hold a pen to sign the receipt. She almost didn’t remember to take her pizza into the room after she handed me back the receipt. I asked for my pen back and she said “oh shit, sorry,” and then didn’t give me my pen back. She also tipped me ten dollars and did enough math on the second line that I was sure she was tipping ten and not one with the decimal in the wrong place.

Fuck it. For ten dollars she can have my pen.

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  3. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

I might be a jerk, but...

Girl came in today, asked for no ketchup on her sandwich. Ok. Said she was allergic. ALRIGHTY.

Hollered at the boys in the back to change their gloves.

She asked for Mac sauce. I politely told her that i waa pretty sure ketchup was included in the ingredients and for safety reasons the restaurant wouldn't feel comfortable putting it on her sandwich.

"Well i think mac sauce is mostly Thousand Island"

"I think thousand island has ketchup in it too, i just want to be safe"

Her boyfriend asked for Mac sauce on his and also had ketchup, so im assuming they aren't worried about smoochy contamination.

Either she was fibbing or it was only an intolerance to ketchup. But maybe now she'll phrase differently. And hey, I don't fuck with safety. Someone rang in a vanilla coffee in drive thru while i was working, and when I said the flavor as I was handing it out the lady asked if it was sugar free, so I dodged a bullet there. And if im unsure of a diet coke i dump it out and make a new one. I may find my job and most customers annoying but fuck if im causing you any harm.

According to google thousand island and Mac sauce are both very likely to contain ketchup. I didn't inform the girl because i didn't want to sound too bitchy lmao. You can only coat snark with so much sugar.

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice