Customer Service Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by tickingnectarine, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

today I was doing an exchange for some men's dress shirts & it took me a minute to find one of them on the receipt (because ofc they took the tags off) so while I was looking I overheard the lady turn to her daughter and go "oh no, put those two back, they look like they've been returned"

and I literally stopped and stared for a minute like... lady... umm??? ????

• Like x 1
  2. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Realtalk, one of the managers at tourism job thought it was funny when I antagonized the guests. Nothing big, but messing with them a little bit was fun and she thought it was hilarious.

• Like x 1
  3. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

For the record I don't care about eye contact, I care about people just looking at me in general. Like, I'm not exaggerating, people regularly fuck around with their phones, cigarettes, etc. instead of even pretending that they are handing me money as part of a transaction. If I don't get the money, you don't get your (over priced) coffee!! You have to hand me money, you have to hand me all of the money, the money has to MAKE IT INTO MY HAND, and if you drop the money, you dropped the money!! Which means you didn't pay, which means you don't get your coffee.

Similar gripes: for the love of fuck don't hand me money while you are holding a half smoked cigarette in the same hand, who raised you.

• Like x 8
  4. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel certainly something

I'm still mad. XD

If it's a windy day, make sure I have a firm grip on your cash before letting go. I make sure you have a firm grip on your coffee before letting go, I would like you to do the same!!

Also, absolutely zero respect for people who (disgustedly) throw their pennies on the ground. THAT'S MONEY. THAT IS LEGAL TENDER. YOU ARE NOT TOO GOOD FOR PENNIES.

I accidentally overcharged a guy today, our prices recently went up so I didn't notice at first, it was the difference of about $0.20. Had he not been being a jerk already I may have been more inclined to listen to him more carefully, but all he said was "IT SHOULD BE (AMOUNT)" like the dozen other customers who don't understand what "the prices went up" means. When I handed him his change (three pennies), he threw them to the ground and drove off. I was going to feel bad about it, because hey I made a mistake, but apparently he doesn't care about money anyway, so fuck him.

• Like x 3
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

How dare you not notice the difference. He could have bought almost an entire gumball with that money.

• Like x 6
  6. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Why would anyone, when the standard exchange of "hi how are you"s is met- by a total stranger- with something like "I'm doing all right", then say "Only all right?" I get the impression it's a kind of joke but... what are they expecting me to say? "Oops, my mistake, I didn't realize how overjoyed I actually am to stand in this noisy place for hours on end so you can buy your peanut butter"?

• Like x 10
  7. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

OH MY GOD THIS DRIVES ME UP THE WALLL like bro i did not engage in meaningless small talk to get interrogated about my current emotional state here. i said alright because the answer doesn't fucking matter like you want me to be honest? i'm at work, i could say "pretty bad actually, i've haven't had a day off in a week and the customer before you just yelled at me for ten minutes and i'm sick of standing and i've had a cold for two weeks and i've had trouble sleeping lately." but that would just make it weird for both of us

• Like x 12
  8. backwardeel

backwardeel an eel, backwards

I wish my store would implement a "no cellphones at the register" policy. Like, not only is it super rude (thanks for making it clear you don't have any consideration for me) but I have a hard enough time processing your words correctly without having to filter out a whole other conversation you're having at the same time. Just. Call them back, or step out of the line to finish. Maybe go buy a book on basic etiquette.

In the absence of such a policy I've decided to adopt a strategy of interrupting people as often and cheerfully as possible. How much room for cream did you want, exactly? Is this enough? Was there anything else? Did you want some steamed milk? Need a receipt? So far no one's taken the hint to get off your goddamn cellphone, but it's been pettily satisfying anyway.

• Like x 11
  9. Sol

Sol needs a coffee

oh my god i hate this. i hate this so much. the other day i was covering for someone at the register and i held out my hand for this guys money and he just dropped it on the counter in front of my hand and walked out. UGH.

• Like x 1
  10. OnnaStik

I don't even mind cellphones mostly, it lets me off the making-small-talk hook, but good lord if you can't take two seconds away from it to exchange actual relevant information-!

• Like x 4
  11. lobo

lobo Fandom Trash

The dreaded Black Friday and Black Friday weekend. Well, it wasn't too terrible, at least not at the register on Friday. One of the customers bought candy bars for everyone on register! :o
    But then on Saturday we had several people out sick because flu season and long hours, haha, fuck everything. And there was one lady making comments in the store about who's the manager? I would run this store differently. There aren't enough people working here, the lines are too long. Uh, lady? It's Black Friday weekend, of course things are backed the fuck up. Have you ever even worked retail? This is the first time in my life I've been out for Black Friday and that's just because I work it because I know how horrible it is. But I was just like "well, we're doing the best we can, everyone is kinda on everything right now. No, no one else is available to come to register right now because we're all busy. Yes, this is your total. Here's your receipt. Have a nice day."

Then I worked a shortened shift last night because I was sick but couldn't find someone to cover for me so they just cut my shift in half. When I got in, the line was the longest I've ever seen, but we got through it @.@

• Like x 2
  12. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Today's round of the Customer Supplied Artwork Drinking Game:

Customer sends a DVD. Okay, that's fine. Plenty of our customers burn images to a DVD, that's cool, no problem there--wait why is the computer acting like I've put a movie in it

Well, because I DID! Customer sent artwork in the form of a video slideshow, complete with DVD menu.

Now composing e-mail to customer to explain that I cannot print a video.

• Like x 12
  13. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

To be fair, many of them are the sorts of people who buy into the whole myth that *the germs on everyone else's hands are out to murder you specifically* and thus they're the sorts who use disinfectant wipes on their shopping cart handles.

... yes I have seen this multiple times.

• Like x 2
  14. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

UPD8! Customer has taken DVD back, intends to... take it to "a photographer" to get the images off it?

Me: I just need those individual images, if you could just burn those to a disc or put them on a USB drive or something--

Her: Oh, we don't have them.

...then how? did someone make?? a slideshow video of them?¿?

• Like x 3
  15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

@Lerxst can you take screenshots of the video?

16. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I could have, but a) I had concerns about the resolution and image quality and b) screencapping/cropping/resizing 50+ photos out of a video, how 'bout no

• Like x 4
  17. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

ah, right. sorry!

18. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

It's cool, I actually kinda half assedly thought about trying that but then looked at the rest of the workload for today and... nope. nope. noooooope.

• Like x 1
  19. OnnaStik

To be extra fair, checkout hands are really gross

20. Rooks

Rooks How Lost Are You on a Scale of 1-10? ... Zoro.

Training a newbie on the phones today. It is his 2nd day of training. We do phone support for an online pet supply retailer. 3 calls about deceased animals in 1 hour.
    :ampora:

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice