Cute Animal Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by emythos, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

We've acquired another cat! This cat does not have a name but I am calling him Small Cat because he is small and a cat and I am really good with names, thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small Cat lives in my little sisters' room as of yesterday night. I was finishing up supper with the family and brother #2 showed up all excited to inform us that there was a small black cat on the porch. Now, there's a stray black tom that sneaks onto the porch and eats our cats' food when he thinks we're not looking, but he's not what any of us would call "small". Cue general stampede in the direction of the porch. When we got there we found Small Cat eating our cats' food. He looked pretty wild, but after @Key nabbed him and we fed him some more, he calmed down.

He doesn't look sick or hurt at all, just thin and small, so I don't know - recently strayed/abandoned/orphaned, I guess? I don't know of any stray or wandering cats in the area aside from the aforementioned tom, so I think it's unlikely his mom is around somewhere. We'll probably ask around a bit to see if he belongs to anyone nearby, but I kind of doubt we'll find anyone - anyone who wants him back, anyway. (Most of our cats have been strays. Two of them had owners who already had quite a few cats and were like "Do you like this cat? Please, keep it!" when we located them.)

Anyway, he seems mostly okay, but he reeeeeally doesn't like big open spaces and gets jumpy when people are moving around. Being petted by stationary humans is good, though!

• Like x 7
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

What a cutie!

• Like x 1
  3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

He's adorable :D

• Like x 1
  4. So! I wanted to share my fur- and shell-babies! (Two cats and two turtles)
    Abbs.jpg
    My blonde kitty, Abigail (we call her Abbey, Abbs, or Fluffball). She sheds. A lot.
    Spidzzy.jpg
    This is Spider Kat. He is named thus because as a kitten he climbed everything due to his fear of jumping up/down. He defines the saying "scaredy cat."
    Psy Baby.jpg
    This is my first Shell-Baby, Psycho (or Psy). She is an adult female red-eared slider, and she was a birthday present from my mom a couple years ago.
    Captain.jpg
    And, last but not least, this little guy is called Captain Blade. He's a baby painted turtle, and I've had him for just over a year now (my dad found him walking across a sidewalk just after Easter last year, and brought him to me in a plastic Easter egg). He isn't actually old enough to know for certain that he is actually a he, though.

• Like x 7
  5. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Not my pet, but my friend Liese has a pet ball python now. His name is Alistari (after a typo of Alistair that she thought looked cool) and he is her noodle son.

[​IMG]

• Like x 7
  6. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

• Like x 6
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Here's another pic of Wiley, now with a bonus Ellie (the kitty):

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  8. Key

Key never make a triangle

Update! Small Cat is a girl and her name is Jiji (for now, at least) after the cat in Kiki's Delivery Service because she looks so much like him. (Small, thin, enormous ears...) Unfortunately, her being a girl means it will cost more to get her spayed (and I'm already not sure how much it will cost because the clinic where I had my cat neutered with the amazingly low prices has closed) and that we have to make sure she is in exactly the right mood before we take her to get spayed because when you spay a girl cat her personality sticks right where she is and doesn't budge. =\ (We know this because we had a cat spayed while she was in the angry-at-everyone-because-I'm-weaning-my-kittens stage and she never went back to the super friendly cat she was normally.)

• Like x 3
  9. Fish butt

Fish butt Everything is coming together, slowly but surely.

For once, Mama managed to take a pic where Maoa wasn't glaring at the camera. Here she is yawning with her eyes open. People who don't know her will think 'aw cute!', people who do know her will think 'SHE IS GOING TO DEVOUR THE PLANET AND EVERYONE ON IT.'

Maoa gaapts.jpg

I love my stupid world-devouring monster.

EDIT: Oh my god all those whiskers she's just a huge rat pretending to be a dog

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    • Like x 7
  10. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

My backyard visitor.

Groundhog 006.JPG

(I love little round groundhog ears so much.)

• Like x 1
  11. Ink

Ink Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  12. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

• Like x 1
  13. kmoss

kmoss whoops

• Like x 3
  14. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

15. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

16. Missfortunate

17. emythos

but kittty!!!!

18. Missfortunate

I know shes so cute but you no can steal her! :)

19. emythos

Fiiiiiiiine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice