Cybertronian Aerial Academy (OOC + planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by mizushimo, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Ryncoon

Ryncoon Well-Known Member

@mizushimo Warplight isn't quite an asshole, so much a complete shit disturber.She's the kind to poke the hornet's nest just for fun, then zip away when they try to sting.

• Like x 1
  2. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

OKAY! I set up a server for the rp
    https://discord.gg/MKBKf
    This invite should last for a day

• Like x 1
  3. Ryncoon

Am I gonna miss out without discord?

4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

discord chats are very useful for coordinating scenes and ooc chatter and stuff so imo it's definitly useful for faster paced RPs but idk if it's a must?

5. Ryncoon

Okay, I'll... I'll acquire the program, anyway. Not sure how well I'll brain with it.

• Like x 2
  6. mizushimo

@Ryncoon
    It's very similar to skype but more verstile.

7. mizushimo

Ok! Here's the cast so far
    Cast!

The kids
    Starscream - @littlemissCodeless
    ambitious seeker pre prince of Vos
    Topspin - @mizushimo
    Contrary and energetic little mini-plane
    Warplight @Ryncoon
    Fiery jet that dives in with both feet without thinking things through

the teachers:
    Sarge - @PRelations
    Grumpy old bomber who doesn't play well with authority
    Startrail - @mizushimo
    Stuck up, extravagent, very large ego, he's one of the cultural instructors and he assists with seeker related exercises
    Unknown - @KarrinBlue

• Like x 3
  8. mizushimo

I think how this will work is I'll start with a speech from the headmaster or the minister of education in Kaon. But we'll need to work out some starter stuff first.

What we've got:
    The rank of Seeker must be earned and is only available to fighter jets and combat helicopters

• Like x 2
  9. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Could you make another invite?

10. mizushimo

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...that just takes me to Webinarthingy, which seems to have nothing but Journey to the Heart links.

12. Ryncoon

And now it's expired.

13. mizushimo

Wut? Suddenly I feel like I'm in a parallel universe.

Does this work? You'll need to have discord installed???
    https://discord.gg/Sdmk6

• Like x 1
  14. Ryncoon

That worked! Yes, I did install Discord.

15. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

That one works! I don't know why the other one took us to the webinarthingy, but. Shrugs!

16. mizushimo

Other ideas that have happened on discord:

Aerial martial arts! Because they need to be impressive and deadly. There are many different styles. Usually involves switching between plane and root mode in mid air.

Aerial ballet: a seeker skill, because the high status planes gotta have some culture. They've got to perform a courtship flight with two flyers of their choice in order to form a trine.

• Like x 4
  17. mizushimo

I was looking at how forum rps work with the other thread. I've got a couple of questions/ideas

* how are global events done in that rp? Like say, the spaceship docks at a station. Does the dm decide? Do you guys reach a consensus in the OOC thread? How is plot stuff like that handled?

* would it be good to allow people to paste in real time rp chats from discord or Skype between two characters in the forums as part of their post? (Hidden under a spoiler tag of course, because of length)

18. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I'm not really wise to how WT does it, but DT major events are typically general consensus (with pretty much everyone online and chattering about it) and who ends up in the event is a mixture of predetermined (Character A and B have to be here for plot developments, C cannot because it would interfere) and off-the-cuff (Character Z could go, but I don't want to play them, so they won't, while Character Y wasn't plotted in but I want to participate, so they will.)

Right now, DT doesn't really have a DM. The general direction of the roleplay was sort of laid out during group hashing out, and then whenever someone wants to do something in particular, it gets tossed out as an idea and pulled into the mainline plot. Maintaining the OOC resources is kind of a group project for whoever is on a desktop and capable of doing so.

With regards to real-time rp chats, we've been dropping them in GDocs and linking them in the OOC thread, but pulling them into the IC thread could work too? For stuff that isn't necessarily super required to fit into a restricted timeline, it might be easier to link it outside of the main rp for coherency. For stuff that needs to fit in a restricted timeline, dropping it in the IC thread would be necessary. Also depends on if you want NSFW stuff in thread or out of thread! (Or if there's going to be NSFW stuff at all.)

• Like x 2
  19. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

in weirdmageddon tango, @cryptoThelematrix plots out all/most of the major events but the players do get some input into them, though the players often aren't aware of the entirety of cTs plans until they play out.

this, though, is basically the same there:
    weirdmageddon tango uses discord for general chat and tagging, but not for actual roleplaying.

• Like x 1
  20. mizushimo

Yeah, I've had people say that they want this to be more of a consensus rp rather then a dm led deal. I really like the idea of chat supplements to the rp because it allows for more natural seeming conversations.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice