D&D chatter

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 3, 2015.

1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

• Like x 5
  2. garden

garden lucid dreamer

coming back to this thread bc last week me & my friends finally got our shit together and had a session on roll20, which worked pretty well for us bc most of us are scattered across the state and can't meet up in person during the school year. so now i have a d&d group again! yeah!

also i found these really cool hand-drawn character sheets customized for each class in D&D 5e!! they're super neat looking and i'm thinking about getting either the Druid sheets (bc my current character is a druid) or the full set bc hell yeah.

[​IMG]

• Like x 5
  3. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

bad music to have as the background track for trying to write the romantic prologue to your current DnD campaign, the list:

• Anaconda (Nicki Minaj)
    I'm afraid I forgot everything else that was going to be on the list. That track surfacing suddenly on shuffle blew everything out of the water, crashed my train of thought, and left me staring at the wall until at least "this dude named Michael."

• Like x 8
  4. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

my dnd party just beat up a giant snake, it was great
    the adventure was named "OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT NOW"
    i love our dm

• Like x 2
  5. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

my pathfinder group is going to start playing the new adventure path, Strange Aeons, in the next month or so! i'm currently trying to make a character, and it's been tricky because, well, Strange Aeons is a campaign path where you encounter Lovecraftian horrors from beyond time and space. it's very much supposed to be a horror game, and i keep coming across feats and things that would mechanically be useful, like "+1 on saves vs fear effects" and the like... but i'm just sitting here like. i don't WANT a character who's gonna make all her saves, tbh. just, YASSSSSSSS ELDRITCH HORRORTERRORS JUST FUCK ME UP.

• Like x 6
  6. emythos

so, we fought gibbering mouthers and stirges on an abandoned ship, I successfully saved an npc, my team continues to be only not villains because we're technically helping, and my character is still the smart one. you pick up a lot of random knowledge when your mom's a warlock, apparently. also we got Cool Loots.

• Like x 2
  7. emythos

also our vampire warlock has a pet skeleton named mister rattlebones
    everyone has a hatecrush on the vampire, except my character, who just has a regular crush

• Like x 7
  8. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I must say, I dislike y9ur insinuati9n that kismessistic attracti9n is in any way inferi9r 9r sec9ndary t9 s9-called "regular" attracti9n, 6y which I presume y9u mean c9nventi9nal "flushed" 9r "matespritic" attracti9n, and w9uld enc9urage y9u t9 c9nsider such p9tenti9lly insensitive c9mments m9re carefully in future t9 av9id additi9nal pr96lematic remarks.

#micr9aggressi9n #unexamined assumpti9ns #simplistic views 9f quadrant-6ased r9mance #human privilege

• Like x 6
  9. garden

garden lucid dreamer

so my group finally managed to coordinate and have another session on the saturday that just passed, after several weeks of last-minute cancellations and rescheduling. those several weeks were unfortunate, because it meant we forgot about several clues / hints we had been given about some of the dungeon's puzzles

however, apparently my past self took good notes some of the time, because among my notes was a random "312" that ended up being the solution to one of the puzzles. hooray for note-taking!

• Like x 4
  10. I'm going to be running a campaign! For reals this time! It's Rifts (Savage Worlds edition), and the PCs are a pack of Dog Boys, it's gonna be so fun.

• Like x 6
  11. dky

dky burnt toast

Helo im sliding in cause I wanna get yalls feedback on a chara of mine ima be using in my next game/if my current dies. Also bc I had the best funny shit happen last dnd session
    My character, half-orc raised by bears, is illiterate af. So I rolled my first nat20 while snooping in a church that was already snooped by my party. I found a bunch (10) scrolls under the benches, and took em bc, "nat20 = good" and had my party read them later. I ended up stealing ten fuckin bibles from a tiny town, who by the way were v nice to us. Our dm said, "well the other plot thing was found already, there was nothing to find." I am now Father Murry.

I then made flower crowns for the entire party as compensation

My sibs - cassikat - character is a gnome and is both good at puns in and out of character. So we ran into evil swamp people who are under water, and as our dm was finishing explainng the setting my sibs chara went, "Its nice to peat you!" And we all concecutively lost our shit

And finally, my character

So the idea is to have a wizard elf named Terrance, in his early adut years, who is chaotic evil. The whole, takes plesure from being evil, death and pain kind of guy. But! He's so lazy and apathetic to everything he doesnt act on it. Like, he wants to kill you - he just doesnt have the energy to do it. Of course im going to have him do some bad things, but theyll be greatly lessened from someone like him who was more energetic about it.

Not only that, but my sibling (not cassikat) has made a neutral good character who is so empathetic they try and reason why villans do shit in game. So the dynamic is going to be fun just by that - but bc Terrance doesnt care and all, its gonna be something like, "Can I kill them?" "No!" "Yea but I could tho" "Stop doing this omg" "please let me kill them"

• Like x 4
  12. esotericPrognosticator

@dky have you run Terrance's alignment past your DM? he's definitely hilarious, and playing him would be hilarious, but I can imagine a lot of problems cropping up if the rest of your party is good-aligned. and if your enemies are evil. they might be willing to deal with all that, but yeah. results may vary.

• Like x 1
  13. dky

dky burnt toast

@esotericPrognosticator not yet - probs will be for the current party as only my current chara and one other are in the Chaotic line, the others are good, sadly. If my current dies I def will before using him, but it'd be kinda fun to see him butt heads with the others if we could make it work.

• Like x 1
  14. hyrax

#shitmypartysays

DM: The bandit chief shoots his crossbow at you but misses.
    Wizard: "Hey boss, why you shootin' at us?"
    DM: Boss?
    Wizard: 21 bluff! "We've always looked like this."

• Like x 8
  15. hyrax

postscript

DM: ... yeah, no, that's not gonna fly, but i like the cut of your jib.

• Like x 6
  16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

a shopkeeper was selling a Potion of Madness that, when fed to someone or applied to a weapon that struck someone, that person would go insane indefinitely. my character is horrified by this, and buys it for 100g with the intention of destroying it. our rogue immediately steals it away. i at first try arguing morality, before switching to bribery, and offer her 4 gold in exchange for giving the potion back so i can destroy it.

"make it 6 and we're good"

• Like x 7
  17. esotericPrognosticator

I was looking for somewhere to buy D&D miniatures that are not collectible and thus $40 a pop but just, like, look like the character you want, and I found this site! doesn't have anything aside from PC/NPC figurines, but hoooo boy does it have those. it's an RPG character generator, p much, and then they 3D-print it and send it to you. I... may or may not have spent four hours making nine characters, one of whom is mine and eight of whom are... not. (they're D&Dified Homestuck kids, to be precise. yeah.) anyway, as I was saying, sick af... if you're willing to pay $15-30 for a 30-mm plastic figurine. :P several examples to demonstrate sick-afitude:
    Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 2.05.10 PM.png
    my hard-hittin', hard-lovin' rogue, Lyriae;
    Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 2.05.38 PM.png
    and Homestuck character John Egbert as a blue Dragonborn. yeah.

not sure if I'll order any yet, but making them sure was fun!

also if anyone is interested in seeing the rest of the kids hmu I'm actually really proud of them

• Like x 6
  18. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

...oh jeez. One of my roommates has 3d printers, but it'd be a dick move to use the file made on their site and print it elsewhere.

I wanna play with it anyway

• Like x 1
  19. garden

garden lucid dreamer

oh man if my group was able to meet irl and not just online i'd be really tempted

• Like x 1
  20. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

Not really, if they provide the file, that means they probably intend to make it possible to do that, IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice