D&D chatter

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 3, 2015.

1. PrinzVyper

PrinzVyper "Cum cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus."

I see your "Judge Dredd" and raise you one "Lobo"

But we are getting slightly off topic...

Hey, I'm about to start a new 2nd edition campaign, just need one more local player to commit to a weekly game, YAY!!!

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Our campaign is steadily turning into "wizard bro drags us all into really stupid plans, the dice fail us, we run away screaming" and it's kind of great. Tonight's adventure: "hey we have two days to kill, let's go bandit hunting! or... let's... fall in all the traps, push on after dark, and nearly kill the poor monk who didn't want to come on this side quest anyway. Oops."

(This following last week's adventure: "those giant centipedes stole our goat! We should follow them to get it back. Or revenge. Either oroooooh goD WHY ARE THERE MORE CENTIPEDES HOW COULD I NOT HAVE FORSEEN THIS")

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    • Like x 2
  3. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

adventures with doors...

Slayer: "I check the door."
    GM: "It's locked."
    Slayer: "NOT FOR LONG! I pull out my axe."
    GM: "You have keys!"
    Cleric: "I shout 'I have the keys!'"
    Slayer: "NATURAL 20"

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
  4. I heard in early editions of the game it was super difficult to break down doors, is that true?

5. hyrax

the paladin: "Hold my cat! I'm going to shove this old lady corpse into the room full of living blood."

tonight's session is WILD you guys.

• Like x 4
  6. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

The tiefling did her first hellish rebuke this session. She flipped the monster off and was very surprised when this caused it to burst into flames.

• Like x 7
    • Winner x 2
  7. luna

luna Active Member

Hey so I am very lonely and am thinking about running a play by post 5e game. I already have a larger setting ready (one that I am using for the two games I'm starting w/ my irl groups), but I'm not sure if I want to set a hypothetical play by post on one of the continents/ countries already ready or make a new continent, with a different flavour. The continents already created are basically Fairly Typical High Fantasy With Colonialist Dwarves And Political Intrigue, Fantasy Post Apocalypse With Treasure Hunting Fun, and Dragonborn Island. Other setting features include all kinds of dead/fucked up/baby eldritch gods, an eternal fleet of diasporic orcs, the sentence "Drow music all sounds like Imogen Heap", and many more. Would anybody be interested in this, and if so what sort of game would you wanna play- something with political machinations, fun and goofy treasure hunting, mystery/conspiracy, typical Adventuring Party, ect?

• Like x 2
  8. Panda

Panda Fuzzy critter

@luna

If you don't mind players who are new to 5e I'd love to join in! (I have access to the books for 5e and I've played Pathfinder before so I don't think there'd be too much hand holding necessary, hopefully)
    Fantasy post apocalypse with treasure hunting sounds the most up my alley, tied with dead/fucked up/baby eldritch gods... but I'm down for anything, would love to have a game where I'm not DMing xD

• Like x 1
  9. luna

luna Active Member

I'm fairly new to 5e as a dm, so new players are fine with me! And really, if you've played pathfinder all you'll need is the occasional clarification- 5e is far simpler.

A few more setting notes-
    Ralune is the Fantasy Kingdom continent, with humans, dwarves, halflings, gnomes, and the occasional elf. Enea is the fabled and mythical isle of the elves, Namala the far less fabled and actually pretty steady trade partner isle of the dragonborns. Asloya is the post apocalyptic continent, now home to the goblinoids, with a few traces of the other monsterous races (such as triton, yuan-ti, tabaxi, ect) left. I am thinking that thr goliaths either also have their own isle or are from a third continent- if so, that continent would also be where warforged (unearthed arcana) are from. If you want to homebrew a race or subrace, either one from common lore or a custom one, talk to me and we can work things out! Same goes for just about anything, especially gods. Talk divinity to me.

EDIT: Don't feel constrained by the continent with what races you can play- there are enough people who have set out looking for adventure, or people and populations that have had to escape someting, that even if the continents don't know much about each other you can reasonably play any race, anywhere

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  10. Panda

Panda Fuzzy critter

Yeah, from what I've seen in the PHB and DMG it seems far simpler, which I'm glad for xD

Omg so much choice... well, Asloya sounds like a fun place to play (also I adore tabaxi) to me but of course it also depends on what other people who want to join want. And anyway, I'm always eager to see other people's world building, I know how much work goes into that stuff!

(Btw, maybe you can make a thread in galley's turn so we don't get too off topic here? ^^)

• Like x 1
  11. luna

luna Active Member

Alright then, I will! Just gimme some time to work on setting descriptions and I'll get it up

12. luna

luna Active Member

• Like x 1
  13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

#teamspirit

• Like x 8
  14. luna

luna Active Member

Dooooes anyone have any resourses for learning how to design effective dungeons? Either google or my reading comprehension has been failing me.

15. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

I feel like I've seen some, but I'm going to be super busy this weekend and will need to really look for it. If I haven't gotten back to you by some time next week, remind me?

• Like x 1
  16. luna

luna Active Member

17. PrinzVyper

PrinzVyper "Cum cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus."

If you can find them, back issues of "Dungeon" magazine are a great resource for seeing how an adventure is put together.

18. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

Are there any good, active D&D Discord servers around? I asked the OP of a post about one that crossed my dash but never got a reply ;w; it'd be nice to know an active chatlike place for game yammering and whatnot!

• Agree x 1
  19. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

If anyone knows of one I'd like to lurk too; most I've joined were adjuncts to Roll20, for finding one shots and coordinating west marches games, and most of their chatter is people asking if there's anything going on, the place is dead, etc. :|

• Like x 1
  20. hyrax

"i can't believe i'm about to say this, but... roll Sense Motive on the soup"

-Pathfinder is a very serious high fantasy game

• Winner x 6
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice