D&D chatter

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Mar 3, 2015.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Making skilled 1st level characters is always challenging, especially if no gestalt.

• Agree x 1
  2. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

download_20200330_163942.png

My sister's drawing of a black dragonborn, which I described as looking like Hiccup's fursona. (Jeez those books were super different from the movies.)

• Winner x 7
  3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  4. budgie

My poor sweet dragonborn paladin has had her holy symbol stolen, and when line #2 of your oath is "defend your hoard" that is Problematic. She has since ceased to glow and may or may not be Fallen. Both the rogue and cleric think the best way of dealing with this is getting her to talk to her mom via sending.

Also the cleric, who has been with the party since level 2, has just now at level 7 learned the rogue is a thief.

• Winner x 7
    • Witnessed x 2
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i think even my paladin, target oriented as he is about being a medical helicopter dad at constant war with his party's health choices, at least noticed that relatively quickly, wow

• Like x 1
  6. budgie

In the cleric's defense, we have been spending most of the campaign in places where it's considered looting and not stealing.

• Informative x 4
  7. budgie

8. TheOwlet

TheOwlet A feathered pillow filled with salt and science

i had the realization a bit ago, that i've been playing an artificer alchemist without a shred or armour on her for the entire duration of the mini campaign we're doing.

I get away with this because she's a high INT, high DEX and lizardfolk. Which come with natural armour of 12+DEX so she...just naturally runs around with AC 16, which makes her pretty beefy for a caster alright.

• Winner x 6
  9. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

when u decide to take the opportunity attack to disengage from the gelatinous cube but then it fucking crits on the opportunity attack and takes out 2/3 of your hp

• Witnessed x 7
  10. budgie

Idk why I was so anxious about game tonight, but that went away pretty fast when I said my character wanted to help the barbarian with her post surgery rehab, the dm asked how, I scrambled for an answer and came up with street hockey.

Long story short it was an amazing session and hockey is now canon

• Winner x 5
  11. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Today our barbarians (we have two) were put in a cage. The kind with lattice bars, and a floor. Their solution?

Fred Flinstone the fucking cage. Stick their legs through and pick it up.

I love these fucking disaster idiot boys.

• Winner x 9
  12. Lazarae

They just realized the giants can't hit them inside the cage.

THEY MADE A TANK YOU GUYS

• Winner x 13
  13. budgie

My friends are starting a new homebrew dnd campaign inspired by the golden age of piracy. It's going to be streaming on Twitch Sundays at 12 EST starting today, and they'd really appreciate viewers. They've already done their session 0 so this should be getting right to action. Last I'd heard they were going to be starting on a deserted island after all 3 ships capsized in a battle.

Also this is one of the pcs:

grimbaremotes.png

• Winner x 6
  14. Lazarae

And this week the Barbarian who decided to Fred Flinstone the cage acquired enough magic items to literally yeet himself into space if he used them all at once.

We estimated the fall damage if he jumped from our current location (in the mountains) to another location (in the lowlands) and + his jump height it would be almost 3 million damage. We broke the roll20 dice roller calculating it. I had to go looking for one that could handle it and I broke that one too, but it gave me a usable output.

unknown.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Winner x 5
    • Informative x 1
  15. swirlingflight

When the party's wizard attempts to borrow all that jump gear

• Winner x 1
  16. Lazarae

That definitely came to mind, yeah

Also him jumping into *literal space* and the game becoming a Spelljammer campaign.

• Winner x 2
  17. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Spelljammer space isn't literal, though. I don't think reentry heating is a thing, for one (if only because 'orbital velocity' isn't a thing).

(That and, to be a party pooper, the most damage you can take from a fall/collision is 20d6... or at least it was in 3.5)

• Informative x 1
  18. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

I wouldn't say it's not literal, exactly - I mean, it's an empty region between round worlds that you go through in ships. But the physics and astronomy rules are very different from irl.

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Jean

Jean Let’s stop procrastinating -- tomorrow!

We leave the inn.

DM, immediately: role survival

Us: oh no...

the Dice: 7,6,8,1

us: oh no...

• Witnessed x 4
  20. swirlingflight

Am I right in guessing it did not go well?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice