Daemon RP Thread

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by ingloriousHeist, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ingloriousHeist

ingloriousHeist Shen an Calhar

((Getting this started. Respond however you like!))

University Library

Sandra gazed out of the library's doors and sighed. There was at least four, maybe five, feet of snow pushed up against the glass.

One of the library science interns shrugged, fumbling with his hoodie's zipper. "I guess we aren't going anywhere today," he says. The closing zipper sounded foreboding, somehow.

Sandra pushed her hair behind her ear, ignoring the slight greasiness that rubbed off on her fingers. "I had things to do today," she quietly told the snow, as if that could convince it to melt.

Already turning back to the info desk in the center of the floor, the intern made an inelegant sound. "Yeah, like cleaning up your apartment, right?"

Sandra crossed her arms and glared at him and the plump cat daemon trotting at his heels. Then she turned back to the door and kicked halfheartedly at its frame.

From above came a short series of what could generously be called bird calls, but sounded more like a squeaky bed frame. Sandra didn't look up, just held out her right arm. With apparently minimal effort, a sparrowhawk alighted on her forearm. When he had settled, she brought her arm in closer, putting him at eye level.

"We aren't getting to the gym anytime soon, are we?" Adrastos asked, voice hoarse.

"We aren't getting anywhere today at least," Sandra replied.

"Great. You need a shower." Adrastos fluffed his feathers, turning his head to look at her with one eye and the snow with the other.

"Wow, thanks, Addy. I love you, too. Let me get my things, and we'll hang at the coffee shop for a while."

The daemon simply blinked in acknowledgement and let her toss him back into the air. She reached down, collected her bookbag, duffel and long, purple coat, before turning back to the main library.

The first floor of her university's library was an odd mix of old marble architecture and modern decor. The librarian's round desk, only ten feet back from the front doors, boasted a bright orange sign hanging from the ceiling to let less-clever visitors know what it was. Behind that, the shelves started. To the left of the desk, a similar sign labelled a circle of squishy white chairs as a quiet reading area. To the right, another sign hung above a small coffee shop.

At the desk, a bored-looking college student flipped through a text book. Adrastos landed on the back of a chair at an empty table. Sandra followed, dumping her bags on the ground before sitting in the same chair. The sparrowhawk stepped onto her shoulder. His talons dug into her shoulder while he ran his beak affectionately through her hair.

((Yo, I'm writing this kind of late so I ask forgiveness for anything unclear or misspelled!))

2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Right, at the library at school:
    Emmett sighed. He really should be doing research for his anthropology project. But no, instead he'd decided to check his email, and fallen down the rabbit hole of colorful lipstick, yet again. Charlotte was purring, snuggled warmly on his lap under his jacket. His books were opened to various pages on the floor around him. He'd decided he'd be less distracted if he sat on the floor in an unused corner of the fifth floor, but apparently that wasn't the case.

"Hey, Lottie? What do you think of this one?" He gestured to the laptop on the floor beside him. The fluffy cat sleepily stretched before turning to look.

"It's very...Red. You do not need another red lipstick, you have way too many." She looked extremely unimpressed, before saying, "I think you need a new nude lipstick, you've only got one of those."

"Seriously? Nudes are so boring though, and look! It has sparkles. C'mon, you love sparkles." Emmett grinned cheerfully, and ruffled his daemon's fluffy fur. She looked offended, then proceeded to stalk over to one of his abandoned textbooks, and began to groom her rumpled coat.

"Here, I'll get a better picture," he said as he clicked on the lipstick. A second later, there came a burst of muffled swearing. He clicked repeatedly, then gave up.

"What now?" Charlotte had stopped in the midst of grooming, and her tail had a slight twitch.

"Internet cut out. Again," Emmett replied.

"So, will you actually do work now?" she said, relaxing.

"Nah, let's go get coffee or something. It's not due tomorrow or anything, and the lab report for bio's done." He shut the laptop down, and began to pack his things up. With everything safely stowed in his massive backpack, Emmett put on his jacket and turned to Charlotte.

"Ready?" he said. She nodded, and together the two walked off on a quest to obtain excessively caffeinated beverages.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Jesse´s House

Cheshire stalked up and down in front of the window. "I want to chase the snow, open the window!"
    Cody looked up from their book. "It´s cold Chesh. Your paws will get wet."
    Cheshire jumped down, rubbed against their shoulder and purred like a chainsaw. Cody siged, got up and opened the window. Cheshire pounced out from behind the lilacs, landing in snow all the way over the ears, only a black tailtip sticking out of the hole. There was an affronted yowl.
    "I told you." Cody said, sounding amused. Cheshire streaked off after a snowflake, and Cody sighed and went to get a blanket. Some fresh air might not be bad.

Perhaps fifteen mintues later Cody was in the kitchen with a towel wrapped Cheshire on their arm making hot cocoa.
    "Hey!" They called out to whoever might be in hearing range, "I have hot chocolate, any takers?"

(( @emythos can you add where you are? Also apologiee, I am better at shortish RP posts))

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  4. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Jesse's House

Laz's appearance was, as always, heralded by a caw from above as Morrigan swooped into the kitchen before it had even cleared the last step. "Taking!" She shouted cheerfully as she landed on the counter, stretching her wings out a few times as she settled and gave a curious headbob toward Cody and Cheshire. Neither of them were used to living with others yet, though Morrigan adapted much quicker, and it tended to go over much better if she were the one to stare unnervingly at people they hadn't seen much of.

"You're a monstrosity, but I doubt you're big enough to carry off a mug on your own." Laz said cheerfully as it got one of its mugs down from the cupboard and paused to take in the scene outside with an expression alternating between enthusiasm and dismay.

"One to talk, you goddamn noodle." Morrigan shot back fondly, alighting onto its shoulder as it set the cup down, eyes set on the counter as if it were the most interesting thing in the world as it addressed Cody with something that sounded vaguely like "ngkoo."

"Translation: Thank you for the chocolate. Sometimes it loses vowels. Words. Sentences. My bag of treats-"

"One time! It was once!"

"Twice. And the pretzels."

5. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Library, downstairs coffeeshop-cart-thing

Les took the end of the little paintbrush out of his mouth and switched it out, tucking the big blending brush behind his ear and smearing a little blue on his cheek without really noticing. He made a few last quick strokes to finish off the darkest bits of shadow, and just frowned at the picture for a minute.

"Well thats shit." The big hawk shifted lazily, digging his claws accidentally-on-purpose into les's shoulder as he looked down. "Poke it some more, i wanna see how much worse you can make it."

"Yeah, ok, fuck you its done." The brushes go plop into a crumpled paper coffee cup filled with brownish rinse water and the hawk contrives to make a harsh, awkward approximation of laughter. Les pushes his fingers back out straight and stands up. "Lets see if anyone'll let us sketch them for a while, im tired of thinking in color."

(Ooc: if anyone in the library wants a sketch of their character, pm me the details of current appearance and I'll actually include them as part of the post. Probably periodically offer again. Les sketches compulsively and is always looking for people who let him get away with staring like a creep cause faces.)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    • Like x 1
  6. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

Library, downstairs coffeeshop-cart-thing

Zache looks up from their book and turns to the person who had just been painting. "You can sketch me if you want. I can hold still while I read," they say, then look down to turn another page.

The kestrel on their shoulder eyes the hawk warily but says nothing.

((ooc - what information do you need specifically? tell me and i'll pm you))

7. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Jesse's House

Cheshire looked vaguely amused at the bickering pair. "I know how that is." They said as Cody filled their mugs and handed on over with a slight smile. "This one sometimes forgets their words at home too." The cat squirmed out of the damp towel and began licking themself dry. "Oh look, it´s snowing again. Did you go out yet?" This was directed towards Morrigan.
    Cody meanwhile gave Laz a wry smile and nodded towards the living room. "Wanna go curl up and watch the snow?"

8. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

((Ooc: mostly like, what youre wearing/hair/makeup if relevent, etc. Physical descriptions like ethnicity/coloring/weight is nice too, so i dont have to go look it up in the intro thread. Anything else youd consider relevant. So like, for me rn Id mention the blue on his face and that hes presenting as male, if that helps?))

9. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Library, 4th floor? Somewhere with study tables/desks

Re fidgeted in her chair for the fifth time in ten minutes. She crossed and uncrossed her legs. Played out a beat with the end of her pencil against the desk. Idly flipped pages in her planner. Watched the snow as it fell outside. Finally, she sighed. "Alright, I'm not getting any work done. Let's take a break."

Dustin looked up from where he was curled on the floor next to Re's chair. "Didn't you just get done taking a break?"

"Details, details..." She glanced out the window again. "Plus with this ridiculous weather, it's not like we're gonna have class tomorrow. Therefore homework isn't due. Therefore... break time! C'mon, I want a donut from the coffee shop."

Dustin rolled his eyes and stood as she packed up her things. "Fine, but you have to get me something too."

Re laughed as she swung the strap of her messenger bag over her head and headed toward the stairs, with Dustin following. "Pfft, what kind of heartless creature do you think I am?"

"The kind that doesn't get their daemon snacks, clearly."

"Rude." Grinning, she ruffled the fur on his head and in turn he playfully nipped at her hand.

As they walked to the coffee shop, Re let her hand rest lightly on Dustin's back, like she usually did when they walked together.

10. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Harris flashes and re-mantles his wings in surprise as Les turns around. "Hey really? Sweet." He scoops up his stuff and shuffles over to the other table, swinging into a chair backwards for something to prop his sketchbook up on. A couple minutes go by of silent pencil scritchings before Les pauses. "Oh yeah. Hi, I'm Les, thanks for letting me bother you. You've got really neat bonestructure to your face."

11. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

"Really?" They look up him and knock over their cocoa with an elbow. "Shit. Oops. One moment." They stand up to find some napkins and end up looking at the window instead. "Uh - is that all snow?"

12. Ariel

Ariel Dead RP.

Ariel looks up from er book to realize that it's snowing.
    E notices Zache across the room. "I think so," e says.

13. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

image.jpg Les shifts back away from the spill. "Well shit. How long has that been like that?" He frowns at the window like the snow magically appeared just that instant purely to offend him personally. "Im almost out of magenta. :|"

"And coffee," Harris points out, whapping Les with a wing. "They're only open another hour or so, arent they?"

• Like x 3
  14. emythos

Library Cafe
    Emmett yawned as he finally got to the downstairs cafe. Charlotte had decided walking was too much of a hassle halfway down the stairs, and was sitting on his backpack looking very pleased with herself. When they got close to a table, she hopped off onto it and curled up.
    "So, we're sitting here? Great," Emmett said. He dropped his bag and wandered past the other customers to the counter.
    He ordered and paid for his coffee, then looked around. There really weren't that many people. Everyone else had probably escaped before the snow had hit. Lucky.
    Was it a good idea to go and talk to the other people? It wasn't like there was anything else to do, right? Emmett grabbed his coffee and wandered back to his table. Charlotte looked rather annoyed.
    Once he sat down, she whispered, "Yes, Emmett. We should, in fact, go socialize. The worst that can happen is that they think you're a bit weird. And the we leave and never have to see them again."
    "I didn't even ask," Emmett protested, but was cut off by the look Charlotte directed at him.
    "Fine."
    He walked over to the other table, and worked up the nerve to say something.
    "Um, hi. If you're planning on getting coffee, I'd go now. I think they might be planning on closing early."
    (ooc: is that drawing people thing still being offered, @Lissiel ?)

15. ingloriousHeist

ingloriousHeist Shen an Calhar

Library Cafe

"Coffee..." Sandra mumbled before shrugging. "I should get coffee, if we're going to be stuck here for a while. And talk to people? Did you want anything, Addy?"

Adrastos just looked at her before taking flight. She watched as he landed on the coffee shop's sign above them

"...Right, sure. Too many people around." She stood, stretched and headed over to buy her coffee and a muffin.

Sandra returned in time to overhear Les and the others talking about the snow. "Yeah, it's been like that for a little while. The librarians don't think it'll be a while before we're dug out," she reported dutifully, before taking a bite of her muffin. Sandra found herself covering her mouth only a second later to say, muffled around her mouthful of food, "Oh, hey. That drawing's really good!"

16. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Library cafe
    "Thanks!" Les mumbles around his pencil, fiddling with the little grey knead-y blob of his eraser. "If you were ok sitting still a minute, I can do one for you!" Les gets another wing to the temple without harris even looking over. "Uh. As soon as I procure foodstuffs, I guess."

((@emythos yeah it is! Face shape helps too, in descriptions--square chin, sharp or round cheeks, button or hook nose, etc. as much or little as people feel like giving me.))

17. emythos

Library Cafe
    Emmett took a sip of his coffee and looked at the drawing. It was really, really well done. Charlotte twined around his feet encouragingly.
    "So, are you still drawing? And, um, would it be really awful and rude of me to ask if you could do one of me, too? You should definitely get food or drink first though, I get the feeling we're gonna be stuck here for a while. Am I babbling? Sorry."
    He shifted awkwardly and really wished he had just stayed at his table and read a book.

18. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Library cafe

"
    Yeah, that sounds awesome!" Les calls, walking back from the cafe counter. "Get settled and I'll get a start on." Harris hops onto the table between them and deadpans " Yeeeesss give me my tithe of faces," fluttering his wingtips like an evil villain trying to touch fingertips until Les linefaces at him. "Stoppit you. No one even knows what you're doing, you're making me look like a dingus."

Les sketches in silence for a second. "Oh yeah, not supposed to just sit and draw without saying anything, thats awkward. Uh...what'd you guys usually do when this stuff happens? I've never been snowed in before, dunno how it goes."

19. Ariel

Ariel Dead RP.

Diana said, "I usually use my human as a pillow, like this," she said, before sitting squarely in Ariel's lap. "I then restrict their movements, and fall asleep." Ariel sighed, and shook their head.

• Like x 1
  20. emythos

"I sleep," Charlotte said, "and Emmett either reads, or spends the entire day doing his make up."
    "I do not!" Emmett protested.
    "Oh, right. Sometimes you do your nails."
    Emmett placed his coffee on the table very carefully, before quickly grabbing his daemon and picking her up, yet again ruffling her fur.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice