Dafuq did I just watch?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Athol Magarac, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

this is random but the things For Children That Aren't For Kids At All was likely linked to the Elsagate thing recently which was indeed a big issue of preying on kids with really inappropriate stuff bc of auto-playing lists of videos that people would let their kids watch on the app without double checking themselves. beyond that idk what's trying to be accomplished here.

2. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

relatedly, Folding Ideas has a video about those weird nonsensical youtube videos aimed at toddlers:

but that doesn't seem to be what the video in the OP is, considering it's, you know, coherent.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

also, if you like, I have a thread somewhere around here that's making fun of games aimed actively at children that sometimes have some. really questionable content to them bc they're repetitive enough to look like someone is actively promoting their kinks. it's p funny. i enjoy playing the games and liveblogging them for lols. this that case, they're low budget weird games that actively deserve to be laughed at bc how many Pregnant Elsa Nail Salon games or Lovingly Crafted Sinus Surgery Rapunzel games does the world rlly need. doesn't hurt anyone who's enjoying playing them, bc i sure as hell enjoy the weird things, but they're weird enough it's fun to poke at.

• Informative x 1
  4. Ouija

Ouija Nani the fuck?

The words you are saying now don’t reflect your initial OP, is my entire point, which is where my breaking down of the posts by paragraph and then responding based on how your words are coming across (while quoting to cross reference).

You need to be clearer in your initial posts or else people will take your words at face value, like I have. I am not going to read into your posts and try to extract a meaning that probably isn’t there as I don’t want to misinterpret your words. Please assume what you write as is will be how I take your words, and if you are implying something that you need to explicitly lay the thought out for me. I am not a mind reader.

You’re still bringing in information unrelated to you and I right now with the bashing topic. It does not relate to our conversation and is implying that I would bash you. I haven’t so far and I don’t intend to. If you feel as if I have I apologize as it was not my intention, however you will have to quote what parts are coming across that way for me to clarify.

5. Athol Magarac

Athol Magarac I prefer reading posts without a lot of topics.

Sorry, I guess past misunderstandings have me on edge. I'm sure you were being reasonable. I'll try to go back and reread at some point.

6. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

So the thing about "oh no people are just leaving their kids to watch garbage," isn't really true as it turns out. Most of the time what happens is the toddler wanders away (or is called away to do something else) and the videos are left running on autoplay, and the algorithms just. Go. They play to empty rooms, which the people who post those procedural generated videos don't care about, they just want the add revenue.

• Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice