Deliberately Bad Fanfic Ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by tickingnectarine, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

i thought this was a thread for bad fanfic ideas

• Agree x 1
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

On a related note: AU fic where they have anti-shippers.

• Witnessed x 4
  3. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

DnD AU, but they're playing Tomb of Horrors. It's just page after page of characters sitting around a table declaring their intent to poke things with sticks from a safe distance and then their characters dying with no saving throw anyway.

• Winner x 7
  4. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

A reverse colorblind soulmate au where instead of seeing colors for the first time when they meet, they become unable to see anything but white, black, and greys

• Winner x 6
  5. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Similar to my last suggestion:

Deep Fake Married AU

AKA "Why did you tell your parents that we took a video of the wedding?"

• Winner x 4
  6. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Finnegans Wake AU, where you write fanfic for any other setting in made-up words that still manage to sound like they ought to mean something.

• Winner x 5
  7. Acey

Here’s one I’m actually fucking thinking of writing, stemming from my friend’s comment that Greg’s dad should be voiced by Danny DeVito.

Greg Universe finds out that his biological father is actually Frank Reynolds from Always Sunny. He and the CGs travel to Philadelphia in the hopes of meeting his dad for the first time. The Gang and the CGs are forced to interact and Greg is horrified by his dad. Shenanigans ensue.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    • Winner x 3
  8. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

russian literature AU where you write fanfic for any setting but figure out what all the characters' patronymics and the appropriate forms of address would be and refer to them by fifteen different names depending on which one is appropriate for the person speaking.

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

This one isn't silly, but would be extremely inflammatory, so I think it fits as "deliberately bad"... If not, do we have a more appropriate thread for it?

Vriska Serket fits the criteria of a clinical sociopath, and her haters bring that up a lot. I want a psychological study from her perspective about her being a sociopath, by someone who doesn't hate her. It could be super interesting! There was a fic like that about someone's OC on a friendslocked site, which fascinated me. (A quote which stuck with me: "I would never respond anything less than truthfully. I genuinely wanted him to understand me. I would reply, "I'm aware that she was here, and now she's gone. And I preferred it when she was here, and if I had the choice I would prefer for her to be now. But I don't have the choice, so I can't see the point in feeling anything about it''.")

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
  10. As a mentally ill person who absolutely adores Vriska I’d be very interested in seeing that, but I don’t have enough knowledge of the subject to write it myself at this time.

• Like x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  11. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

Hurt/comfort but the comforter is just an asshole without a heart of gold and essentially says "sucks to be you" and leaves the hurter to get over it

• Winner x 3
  12. Artemis

Artemis i, an asexual moron

I was gonna keep going but I like all my dumb ideas oops

• Like x 3
  13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

@Artemis Sounds like a line in the Looney Tunes reboot. "Aww, be strong. I've been there. BUT I'M NOT ANYMORE! Whoo-hoo!"

• Like x 1
  14. Acey

The cast of literally any piece of media as contestants on The Bachelor(ette).

• Winner x 5
  15. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Not so much 'fic' as 'omake sorta thing', and not so much bad as 'why do you want this there is no reason', but: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, monster girl/'taur edition.

• Like x 2
  16. Exohedron

I just remembered the other half of the Internet Russian Troll Farm AU idea, which was specifically about the Winter Soldier: Bucky still gets taken by the Russians, but instead of them turning him into an assassin and having him shoot people, they turn him into a character assassin and he writes fake news articles on Facebook.

• Winner x 10
  17. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

a friend of mine is writing fire emblem 3 houses: Oregon trail au

• Winner x 6
  18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Sesame Street Harry Potter AU

• Witnessed x 2
    • Winner x 1
  19. Exohedron

A:TLA Shrugged

• Winner x 10
  20. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

... okay but, that would be a fic where Aang travels around the Fire Nation and its conquered territories in secret and wherever he goes, great firebenders in key government posts just quit their jobs and abandon the war to go live in the mountains or something. The narration would follow Zuko, traveling around in Aang's trail trying to figure out why all these competent loyal people keep deserting...

Honestly Atlas Shrugged becomes a very different story when the government it depicts is actually oppressing people.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice