Depression that will probably go away soon, but is currently still here

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by idiomie, Oct 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

*loud cheering*

• Like x 1
  2. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

Yeah, as compared to three years ago, the first time I tried, I did a significantly better job this time around and I am in a better place Which was shitty and is kinda scary - but it also meant that people who hadn't been taking my mental health seriously *coughparentscough* finally started taking it seriously.

And I fully expect to just have a complete meltdown over winter break at this rate, because I'm stressed and anxious and I have so much to do and I'm doing it, but wow. So much. But I have a three week break after this semester, and I should have things in place that will take some of the stress off by then, so coming back shouldn't be to bad.

But in the interim, so much stress.

• Like x 2
  3. idiomie

Bringing this thread back to life: alternatives to showering? Preferably not "go take a bath" because I can't actually get into a bath without taking a shower first. (I feel like I'm just soaking in my own sweat and dirt otherwise, and Feel Disgusting.)

This is not a "I am too depressed to get up and shower" but "whenever I take a shower, I feel suicidal" sort of issue. I have plenty of energy to try something new, I'm just not sure what, because I only know how to take a shower or a bath.

4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

washcloth bathes? aka use a soft washcloth soaking wet with a little soap and soap up, then run the washcloth under clear water until the soaps out and wipe off. boom clean.
    For the hair issue you can wash your hair in most sinks unless they are super shallow.

• Like x 1
  5. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

Sponge baths, dry soap and shampoo, try showering with your clothes on if the inherent nakedness is what bothers you.

If you can't cram your head into a bathroom sink try out the kitchen one. I've done it a few times.

• Like x 1
  6. idiomie

Okay, that can work. I'd already thought about using a sink for my hair. If the sink is too shallow, I can just use the faucet of a bathtub like it's a really big sink. Thank you!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice