Disability Status weirdness?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Allenna, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Allenna

Allenna I am not a Dragon. Or a Robot. Really.

Well, the Doctor doing the evaluation was completely on my side and thought I was just getting a revolution (same woman that saw me before), but state still denied me and pretty much said I was a lying liar that lied and didn't even contact my therapist or pysch or seemed to have looked at my info from childhood. I'm -- kinda really upset even though I knew this would probably happen. Got a lawyer in the wings though and hopefully they can help me get through this.

2. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

From experience, they will deny you until a lawyer is involved. Then a new person says "gee, it seems so clearcut. Don't know why there was a problem. Don't worry, all fixed. Retro pay will take forever to clear, but what can you do. Have a good day. Go away please."

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • Like x 1
  3. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

This might become something of a catchphrase, but whatever.

Quit screwing around. Hire counsel and have a professional work on this. SS lawyers work on contingency and their fees are regulated, so it's not a matter of cost.

Claimants tie themselves in knots in the messed up system when they don't have to. Get somebody else to do this stressful stuff--somebody who does it every day so it's jsut routine for them.

• Like x 1
  4. Allenna

I have a law firm I've been talking to, they just really didn't want to get involved until I'd been clear cut denied for disability welfare and needed to go into appeals. I plan on hiring them and having people that know whhat their doing do stuff. Just stressed with how many people lawyers and doctors included that didn't think there was a lot of chance the state would deny me. But I guess you know the fact that the state ignore that I gave them the info of my therapist and psychiatrists and only contacted the psychologist that did my diagnosis and ignored all paper work I sent to them that wasn't their forms...

5. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

When you say "disability", what specific program are you referring to?

6. Allenna

Disability welfare is what the social security person who did my phone interview/app called I didn't have enough work credits for social security disability apprently and they refused to look at my father's (who died before I was 18 because according to them my autism did not exist when I was a child since I was diagnosed yet) even though I got survivor's benefits until I was 18. I'm mostly confused about everything but I'll hopefully be talking to the lawyer (though email at least) tomorrow, he was out of the office today.

7. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

It sounds like you are applying for SSI (Supplemental Security Income), not SSD (Social Security - Disability). The acronyms get really confusing really fast!

Having someone navigate the system for you can take a lot of stress off of you.

8. Allenna

I think I applyed to SSI was turned down because not enough work credits, then put over into SSD? At least I think.

9. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

SSD is the one that requires work credits; SSI is the one that doesn't require them but also pays less. I am on the latter.

10. Allenna

Oh! then yes the other way around.

11. Allenna

Got a lawyer! Yay. A lawyer from the offices Bemis, Roach, & Reed in Austin. He was super nice and easy to talk to on the phone.

• Like x 3
  12. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Just to be clear, we aren't talking about the Homestuck fandom Roach, yes? Because that would be hilarious.

13. Aqua Vitae

Aqua Vitae put some honey and sea water by your bed.

That's fantastic! C:

14. Allenna

I do not think Roach lives in Austin and I'm not sure if Roach's in a trench coat can get law degrees in Texas.

• Like x 2
  15. Allenna

And my physicists just screwed me over for getting disability but putting on the lawyers questionnaire that I could work because I can do a bit of data entry for my mother - ie I used to do two sort fill in check marks thing online for mom like twice a week and would not do them half the time and mom stopped asking me? And that I wouldn't be off task more than 15% of the time....after I've just had a long depressive period and was crying in the waiting room and panicking because I thought she'd forgotten about me?

16. Allenna

And because of that the lawyer has now dropped me.

17. Allenna

guess who was denied again. I can't even get them to take old misdigonisis off. They still insist on listing and considering Bipolar Disorder and ADHD. I'm ready to just give up.

18. Allenna

To add insult to injury they now say because I'm IN treatment they are denying me.

19. Allenna

Appealed to get a in front of a judge date. Tried a new lawyer who after saying they could representent me turned around and sent me this:
    lawyer denail edited info removed.png

20. Alaspooralice

Alaspooralice An actual trash fire

Wow it sounds like you're getting bounced around and not listened to. :/ Sorry this is hapending. *pat pat*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice