Do me a favor; Don't let go - The Supergiant Games Thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Maya, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

AKA @Aondeug reminded me of the studio and I must scream about Transistor b/c I wasn't able to get into Pyre or Bastion.

But like the title says, talk about Bastion, Pyre, and/or Transistor here!

• Like x 1
  2. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

I have Transistor but have yet to figure out how to make my laptop run it because technical issues, it's basically taunting me, sitting in my games list all shiny and unplayed

At least I can play the soundtrack, which is the best & definitely worth the extra cost

3. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Well, if you ever get it playing (it is a very high end game I will readily admit, poorly optimized for older machines tbh) I have my move build in the spoiler below. It took a couple New Game+'s (recursions) to get it, and it only utilizes 3 out 4 slots, but I very rarely die or even enter an emergency turn with it :D So far it's the most overpowered build in the game I've discovered, so if you're like me, get around to playing it about 15 times over, and just want to mow through your enemies, I'd recommend it.

Active: Void()
    Upgrades: Tap(), Purge()

Active: Breach()
    Upgrades: Ping(), Cull()

Active: Help()
    Upgrades: Load(), Spark()

Also the OST is SO GOOD. I have it bought and downloaded as well, though it's also on spotify and speaking of I'mma listen to it now...

4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I'm more of a Bastion man myself. What little I've played of Transistor I liked. I haven't ever gotten too far past Cybil though. Not sure why. Had a similar issue with Bastion till I sat down and played through it in a day.

5. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I think the fact that Transistor introduced the concept very early on is what drew me into it. Bastion is hard for me to get into not really because of story reasons, but difficulty definitely, though I haven't tried playing it with a controller, so I'll have to reinstall and try again some time. :P

6. baskerville

baskerville Well-Known Member

i dont even go here but yes, the transistor ost is great and lovely and paper boats is the best otp song

7. Aondeug

Difficulty? Huh. Never found it that hard until I cranked things up with like the shrine shit. Control scheme wise I prefer different control methods for different weapons. Like the bow is definitely a mouse and keyboard weapon, but the repeater is far easier for me to manage on the controller. Transistor's combat I like but I definitely prefer Bastion's by far.

8. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Red and the Transistor the only heterosexual couple I like (besides myself)

Yeah going from Transistor's control scheme to Bastion's was a bit difficult. Transistor was hard for me at first just because of the top down style, which is something I'm used to seeing on Console, not PC's :P

9. kastilin

kastilin get in the fucking crayfish shinji

I'M SORRY BUT I JUST FINISHED PYRE & I MUST CRY SOMEWHERE

the fact that you can't save everyone makes me Upset, y can't i break the system & save all my friends
    just let me send everyone though the magical space portal, magical space scribes
    also i know jodi ends up with ignatius if they end up on the same plane together but so help me i ship pametha & jodi because they have The Dynamic that i love

ps sandra is a babe

sorry for the thread necro but i must

• Agree x 1
  10. Salted Earth

Salted Earth DISOWNING DOESN'T STACK, ASSHOLE

Hello Transistor is my Big Favourite and Bastion is also good, and I'm playing Pyre but haven't finished it, so I'm going to park in here and come back when I actually get done with it to avoid spoilers.

(RED IS THE BEST SUBVERSION OF A SILENT PROTAGONIST THO)

11. Aondeug

tfw your boyfriend gets you pyre as a gift for getting a job and it's great

Also I like that the same thing that happened when Transistor came out is happening to Pyre. May you keep doing this Super Giant Games and forever leave us arguing about which the best one is.

(the answer's bastion by the way. though it may become pyre by the end of this game because it is my aesthetic)

• Like x 1
  12. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Oh nice there's a thread for Supergiant!

My first experience was Transistor haha, silly story behind it so like
    A long long time ago before i ever started to buy games I saw Markiplier do some kind of initial gameplay (rather than a full letsplay) and it sorta struck me? Like the visuals and the pause-type fight mechanic

And I just, remembered it, stuck in my mind
    Years after I finally had a way to buy Steam cash cards and that's one of the first games I bought

Really loved it, the game play, the music, the aesthetic!
    I just love that sci fi artsy shit. And the big ass tech sword :P The Active Passive combination of attack thingies was fun to mix and match haha

I plagued played Bastion (Not finished, I'll get back to it someday) and I love the colors and the music is real good, but I guess it's not as atmospherically tight as Transistor Is? Still p fun tho :P Darren Korb sure gives out total bangers, and I just love the painterly style

Aiming to buy Pyre! I heard that the story was good! Some sorta fantasy basketball plus VN alternating things

It's p interesting that even if they're selling it too, Supergiant just releases all their music on their YouTube?
    Better them than anyone else I guess haha

Edited, words

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  13. Aondeug

It is interesting yeah. And yeah even if they didn't it'd get up there anyway and trying to take it down'd likely be a constant futile war. Which honestly makes me far more likely to buy shit music wise.

As far as atmosphere goes that's honestly part of why I prefer Bastion to Transistor. I prefer its atmosphere heavily. Like I like Transistor's thing, but Bastion has this sort of apocalyptic fantasy western tone going on and I love that a lot. Granted I'm heavily biased in favor of westerns so there is very little Transistor could have done to beat Bastion in this field save become a western itself in some fashion.

14. Nobody's Home

someday when I have extra dough ill defos buy Bastions n Pyres ost :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:
    RN theyre on the official YouTube and Darren Korbs spotify so those will suffice currently

15. Nobody's Home

I bought pyre *clap_emoji* and whoo gonna play that fantasy sports and take care of my purgatory buds

• Agree x 1
  16. Nobody's Home

Aaaa it's so fun I've been playing it all evening

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice