Do We Have a Thread For That?: The Thread

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

PSA: This thread has moved to That's So Meta.

• Useful x 1
  2. Re Allyssa

OMG PLEASE. Search results are so overwhelming even if I can get search terms right. It hurts my brain and sets off panic mode.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  3. cosmofex

cosmofex trans lesbian extraordinaire

Just made it! It's here, down in General Advice, because that seemed to fit best.

• Winner x 2
    • Useful x 1
  4. Misty Pond

Misty Pond Well-Known Member

is there a thread for reccing games or media in general?

5. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

There's the "what have you been playing recently" thread and the fanfic rec thread, both in fan town, but I can't think of one that's for general media recs or game recs specifically.

6. Misty Pond

I guess creating a thread for general media recs wouldn't hurt, then?

eta: also is there a thread for talking about dreams anywhere?

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Like x 2
  7. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

• Useful x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Ooh, I would LOVE a media recs thread! :D

• Agree x 2
  9. Misty Pond

okay, so I'm willing to start up a general media recs thread since there doesn't seem to be one already, and people seem to want one...

I had an idea of putting up a list of suggestions in the op (under a spoiler) for people who want to rec stuff but might not know how exactly to do that (which is often a problem I have myself when reccing things), but I'm nervous about whether people would actually appreciate it or else find it patronizing or saying they can only rec stuff if they include x things...should I go through with it anyway, or would it be best to exclude?

• Like x 3
  10. Acey

I think that’s an EXCELLENT idea actually! It’d be really handy. Maybe organized by media type?

• Agree x 3
  11. Acey

Okay WHOOPS, I misread that post, but as another person who struggles with that, I think your actual idea is fantastic too!

12. Re Allyssa

I think, on this forum, instructions will generally be appreciated more than found insulting, in general.

• Agree x 2
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Perhaps explicitly say something along the lines of "script provided for anyone who wishes to use it"?

• Agree x 2
  14. Misty Pond

there is now a thread for general media recs! (took a while because anxiety is fun...also, I don't have any of my own recs there because I tried writing up a couple and they got a bit out of hand, so I'm gonna postpone them, rip.) any tips on what else to add to the op would be helpful, I'm still pretty new at this sort of thing

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  15. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Do we have a thread for general BPD discussion or something akin to it?

16. Misty Pond

is there a thread for cursed videos or should I just post my find in the cursed images thread?

17. Striped Stocking

Striped Stocking Fashionable legwear

The cursed images thread I think already has videos in it. So yeah put it there.

• Like x 1
  18. Misty Pond

is there a thread or at least adjacent thread to ask for help with ocs, like--not showing them off or asking for research material so much as "I'm having trouble figuring out a coherent backstory for x or what the relationship between y and z should look like, please help"?

19. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

• Like x 1
  20. Misty Pond

what about a thread where you can post writing or whatever and someone can beta it for you, or people can offer to be betas for peoples' stuff?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice