Do We Have a Thread For That?: The Thread

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Carnivorous Moogle, Aug 3, 2016.

1. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

@Erica I made a "musicals" thread but it was more of a "musicals you've written/are writing", idt we have a generic one @_@

2. Helen of Boy

Helen of Boy Hugcrafter Pursuivant

Is there a thread for recommending things done by people we know? Would it be better to do a new thread for those?

Asking in part because it seems like many Kintsugijin are creators of some sort, but it's usually perceived as rude to push one's own product, as it were. A place to describe things you/people you know are working on seems like it might be a nice middle-ground? An advertising thread would mean that people who aren't interested don't have to see it brought up elsewhere necessarily, but that people who want to put what they do out there or see what others do could have a place to do that. Might be a good way to find out about writing/editing/art commissions, too, although maybe that'd be better as a separate thing from just recommending personal projects (books, games, fanfic, art, comics, music, whatever)?

I'll confess that the very selfish reason for this is that my partner's just finishing up editing and preparing to publish her first novel, which it feels like a bunch of Kintsugijin are more likely to appreciate than the average population. On top of wanting to recommend it because I legitimately enjoyed reading it while helping with editing, I also know that Amazon is pretty crappy about search results until one gets ten reviews, and she's mentioned being up for giving out copies when it releases in exchange for reviews.

But connecting the points of "I think a lot of people here would like thing", "thing is done by someone close to me", "it's rude to promote works by people you know irl especially when asking for something like a review", and "don't push things on others when it would be rude to do so" is hard. I imagine it's hard for others, too. So... if I'm not just missing a giant thread somewhere that my searching overlooked, would others be interested in some sort of Personal Promotion thread?

• Like x 3
  3. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I think there's something like that in either Make It So or Top Serket? I'll have a quick look.

Update: couldn't find anything in either, so you're probably good if you want to make one.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  4. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

Is there a computer/phone apps recommendation thread? I think I vaguely recall seeing one, but I vaguely recall it being kinda centered on app recommendations associated with like, time management and other brainweird helps, I'm looking for more in the completely general sense, an all purpose app recommendation :D

5. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

• Like x 1
  6. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Is there a thread where I can ask a physics question for story reasons?

7. keltka

@Arxon There's a thread called "Writing What You Don't Know", let me try find it!

• Like x 1
  8. keltka

9. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  10. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

There's Make some Noise for music sharing, my attempt at a similar thread, and an old music theory AMA. The latter two haven't seen posts since 2015, but I don't think anyone would object to nercoing.

11. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

>:Ic ... hm. which one to go for though.. I'm not up to theory yet, I'm just learning how to move my hands right lmfao, am wee bab in progress so far.

12. Southe-lands

Southe-lands A Cliff in Front, a Wolf Behind.

Out of curiousity is there an "interesting facts" thread? Just a thread for sharing cool random stuff you've learned?

(Knowing my luck someone asked this on the previous page but I'm nothing if not a lazy piece of shit.)

13. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

fishing in the stream of consciousness would work for that

• Like x 1
  14. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

• Like x 1
  15. Southe-lands

Southe-lands A Cliff in Front, a Wolf Behind.

Today I Learned is exactly what I was thinking about.

Thank you both!

• Like x 2
  16. sidneyia

sidneyia from TV

Is there a thread for art...affirmations, I guess? Or is that just the regular drawing thread?

17. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

I can't find a general stimming/stim toys thread and I was wondering if anyone would object to me creating one, bc i'm curious about other people's fave stim toys+or ways to stim, + i wanna talk about a new fidget/stim toy that my therapist had at her office that I'm probably gonna buy bc it's Super Satisfying.

Also not sure if it should go in sperglord central or the general brains forum since I know a lot of ppl stim.

• Like x 3
  18. iff

iff Well-Known Member

hello I want to hear about this
    i'd say brains since "idk if i can't buy a stimtoy if I'm not autistic" seems to be a thing? but idk

• Like x 1
  19. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

do we have a thread for 'is this language quirk a regional dialect thing' already? i feel like i've seen one somewhere, but i can't seem to find it and i'm lazy.

edit: nvm, i found it!

20. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

Made the thread! It can be found here!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice