do you cast pods?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Kaylotta, Nov 28, 2015.

1. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

guys i know i've said this like ten times but you should all listen to Jim Robbie and the Wanderers, it's like 200% queer

imithly [8:43 PM]
    Jim Robbie and the Wanderers is full of queer characters. Aside from secondary characters or extras the main cast is:
    Tango: Pansexual, Charlie: Asexual, and Nico: Transman. There are secondary characters that are queer as well, among them Kinghorn who would consider himself Bi. Plus there will be a lesbian coming along. (edited)

[8:45]
    Not to mention the show is run by a queer femme person, two of the main actors (Nico and Jim Robbie) are trans men. And within the writers we have asexuals, bisexuals, etc.

[8:45]
    Composer is queer, sound editor is queer

• Like x 1
  2. Nertbugs

Nertbugs Information Leafblower

I've been listening to Thinking Sideways pretty much constantly for a fortnight. Two guys and a girl go over things that are mysterious, lay out all the stories and evidence, then go through the theories as to what actually happened at the end. Episodes I've particularly enjoyed so far include whether Elizabeth I had a kid, the 'Lake City Quiet Pills' mystery, the story of Morgan Ingram (which was also covered on Sword and Scale), and the death of Princess Diana.

Another one I've been liking a lot is This Is Actually Happening. They're first-hand accounts of things that begin with 'what if?' So, for example: 'What if you survived a shipwreck?', 'What if you woke up in the morgue?', 'What if you were a fake priest in Japan?', etc.

And a third: Generation Why. Another one for all my true-crime aficionados out there. Two guys discuss true crime cases. They've done meetups alongside Mike from Sword and Scale, and if you listen to that one that gives you an idea of the general makeup of their show.

I can see My Favorite Murder has been previously recommended, and I want to add my voice to that chorus because I love it so, so much.

A question: Has anyone been listening to Within The Wires? My bf tried it and didn't like it, but I've heard good things elsewhere. I'm loathe to add another show to my list if it's not worth it, because I've currently got about 15 podcasts on the go.

Another question: Does anyone have any experience of producing their own podcasts? A friend and I have plans to start one, and we'd like to do a pilot episode and get feedback before we dive in to it properly. Would anyone here be willing to listen to such a thing? The basic premise is: I spend about an hour trying to weird out, gross out or freak out my friend by telling her about random creepy/gross shit she hadn't heard of before. Pilot episode will be on the Byford Dolphin Diving Bell accident and the deaths of the divers Deon Dreyer and David Shaw. No idea when it'll be done though.

• Like x 5
  3. strictly quadrilateral

4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Nertbugs I looooooove Thinking Sideways they are so good.

5. Nertbugs

Awesome! Will post a thread when we get something together :)

6. Nertbugs

Omg I know right? They're so comprehensive. Plus, listening to their take of the Morgan Ingram case after listening to Sword and Scale's gave me a much better view of the whole thing. (And it is a whole rabbit hole of its own, so multiple views are definitely needed).

• Like x 2
  7. glitterchance

glitterchance 34 Vigilant Gaze Engulfs the Void

https://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/55719

I forgot to mention The Lost Cat, a surreal horror podcast where the host searches for his lost cat. The last episode was in 2014. The host has a great voice. It starts off very Night Vale in Britain but develops into its own flavor of weird and sweet.

8. strictly quadrilateral

Big Data is out!!! Ive listened to the first episode like six times already so that should be recommendation enough. If you need more - paul bae from the black tapes is in the first episode. And a whole bunch of other podcast people are in the show! I just dont know what episodes. Cecil baldwin is in the trailer.

9. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i have a 40-someodd commute to school now and ive needed more podcasts like burning so this is my home now

• Like x 1
  10. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I've started listening to The Bright Sessions and they're really good!!

• Like x 3
  11. Wormwitch

Wormwitch I'm building a squishmallow army!

I've been listening to The Adventure Zone everyday for a few weeks now, it really gets me through the work day. I'm also listening to a bunch more:
    Bizarre States
    The Deep Vault
    Euphomet
    Last podcast on the left
    Paregoricon (they have an episode about Chuck Tingle!)
    History goes bump
    The Magnus archives (which is my favorite podcast next to the adventure zone)
    Astonishing legends
    Chilling tales: the podcast
    Psuedopod
    How did this get made

• Like x 1
  12. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

I was feeling stressed out & in need of some comfort, so I started archive binging The Adventure Zone again! It really finds its feet around ep 4. What a quality show. And I'm well psyched for the charity fanzine to come out.

• Like x 2
  13. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

Dipped my toes into The Adventure Zone.

Got really into The Adventure Zone.

Got completely drowned in Adventure Zone feels and binged on it for literal days on end.

Developed Pavlovian excitement reaction to intro voice and theme music.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like x 8
  14. strictly quadrilateral

hello this is your monthly reminder to listen to Big Data because holy shit. it's my favorite show and i do NOT say that lightly.

also, listen to the Orbiting Human Circus of the Air
    cannibalism mention, during the old woman's story. it came without warning and completely threw me off

i should have a more concrete recommendations post soon; it's been a while since i've done one and i've listened to some cool shows since.

15. EulersBidentity

EulersBidentity e^i*[bi] + 1

[​IMG]

:3
    Good podcast people.

• Like x 7
  16. iff

iff Well-Known Member

• Like x 1
  17. strictly quadrilateral

Please listen to The Adventures of MechaBetty i'm only 3 episodes in but it's already in my top 20 favorite podcasts and climbing

18. blue

HELLO FRIENDS i'm here to rec the penumbra podcast especially the juno steel segments

extremely queer future noir ON MARS. grumpy detectives, ruthless businesspeople, charming con artists.. what's not to love?

• Like x 2
  19. blue

Like five hours after reccing this podcast, although more than five hours after i listened to it: GUYS I WROTE A FANFIC

20. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ive been binge listening "my favorite murder" on my commute to school, it's. . . so good and interesting. . . tho not for the faint of heart or those not interested in true crime

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice