Do You Wanna Be A Magical Girl?- Magical⋆Burst (now playing)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Arxon, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I can probably do that! I am terrible with time zones but if I started at noon pst that should be like 8 pm for you???

• Like x 1
  2. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

a) I'm leaning towards either middle of the schoolyear (so late summer/early fall) or during a break!
    b) Mixed, I'm thinking? I'd like Megumi to have at least a fight or two under her belt for backstory.
    c) I lean towards longer!
    d) Thursday/Friday are a no (I'm EST for reference) and noon PST would be fine on any day but Tuesday (because my T/TH class lets out around three PST.) And I'd def prefer to do sessions over post by play, for some reason my brain just doesn't play well with that. :(

Seafoam Berserker Manami, I'm thinking?

edit: Seafoam for the color and for her rather frothy costume, Berseker for hopefully obvious reasons, and Manami because it was the other name I was stuck on for naming her and it can use the kanji for "ocean" in it. Now I'm kinda wishing I'd done her color scheme in light blues tho, hmmmm. Might try tweaking that a bit, play up the mermaid angle?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    • Like x 2
  3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

So what I am getting is a) start around summer break b) a few battles in c) longer form (an advancement every 2-3 sessions?) and d) Monday, Wednesday, or Sunday at noon PST (aka 3 PM EST and 8 PM GMT)
    @KarrinBlue, thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Fridays would work, I think? Though I'd have to bow out early, I've got a work shift starting at 5 EST this week.

Also man I don't know what color-related words to use for Kirika, her color theme is basically opals/iridescence...

5. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Shit, I wrote Friday instead of Sunday for some reason, I'm sorry
    (hmmm....Aquamarine is waterwater, water can also be glittery/many colors?)

6. KingStarscream

Shining Something, maybe? Because shining tends to be blueish in my head, and it fits her iridescence.

• Like x 1
  7. KarrinBlue

maybe, pearls? pearls are a water thing. also sunday is fine.

...and probably better than Friday, because I just remembered that my school RP club meets on Fridays and three RPs on one day is too much.

• Like x 1
  8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

9. KingStarscream

Works for me!

• Like x 1
  10. KarrinBlue

Sounds good!

• Like x 1
  11. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Side note: this game would absolutely be open to new people joining- hopefully the way I have things set up people should be able to dig in and out without much consequence. I think any new people would be joining as a new magical girl, however.

Oh, last question: there are two ways I can do youmas. There could either be no guarantee that you will all be meeting up for every fight, being in different factions, in which case the "spread" of each youma would either be random or I could keep it at a median of two. Or I could kinda force you all to work together, which would be varying degrees of difficult. (Or I could completely randomize the youma and how powerful they are, which would be truer to the world/backstory but also a dick move.)

12. KingStarscream

HMM. I'm tentatively in favor of being forced to work together? I think that would be fun to work with.

• Like x 2
  13. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

Same, esp. because Kasumi is in a different faction >:)

That time shouuuuld work. Well we'll give it a try and see, anyway.

• Like x 1
  14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

//sits on arxon's shoulder as a gm devil, chanting ran-dom-ize! ran-dom-ize!

• Like x 1
  15. An Actual Bird

Wax no

Wax please

• Like x 2
  16. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

pfftttt, I'm already doing this for my physical tabletop group, I will give u guys some peace
    All youma for now will have a power level of 2 to 3 and a spread that exists in a quantum state of "probably 3" which will consolidate when you enter the nightmare into however many people entered the nightmare, meaning I will have to do a little bit of prep as soon as you do so, but not much.

So a couple more questions, and I am sorry for doing this so much:
    a) do you all go to the same school? I will let non-Ruby faction go to Higanbana, as long either your family is rich or you roll a 15+ in Charm, Insight, and Tenacity, because Higanbana has exacting standards and a high tuition.
    b) since you all expressed that you wanted tot start a few battles into your magical girl careers, can you give me a brief summery of how you did join? What I described in the faction post is only one common way of joining. You could have been a human caught in a magical battle who the magical girls saved and took back to their base, you could have been one of the rare few who find a gem while it is unattached to a faction and become a magical girl on your own before getting found, a faction leader could have seen your potential in some other way, ect
    c) relationships. I'd preferably like to get them done before we start in earnest so that I can do some preparation with the NPCS, so we can a) do them post by post, which would take up a bunch of posts, b) do them this sunday, along with some other admin type things, and start game the sunday after that or c) we rig up a quick chatroom type thing to do them in.

How they'll work is that you will get a free point of relationship with everybody in your faction. After that, you can either increase your relationship with another magical girl, give me a name and a role for a new npc and create a relationship with them, or create a relationship with an existing npc. Relationships can only go up to 3 in this initial go around, and you have 12 ranks to place. I will allow you to create a relationship with your faction leader or with another faction leader who it is probable you have extensive contact with, like, if you go to Sumire you probably have a lot of contact with Hokori and not any with Gekido, and visa versa for Higanbana, and nobody that isn't in Sapphire is likely to see Buruberu at all.

17. KingStarscream

I don't mind answering questions! It gives me a better idea of where to go too, so that's nice.

a) I'm leaning towards "same school" but I'm not overly attached to it. I do think that Megumi would probably attend Sumire rather than Higanbana, though.

b) I'm thinking that (depending on how Senbo approaches her girls) Megumi probably was venting very angrily through something like dance training before a class, and seemed pretty ripe for something like megucadom to give her something to strive for. She's a bitter, bitter girl, and doesn't excel enough at the arts or schoolwork to have real ambitions in either of those direction. Anger and vengeance though? She's got miles of that, and being a magical girl allowed to absolutely ruin youma as stand-ins for her bullies would be very enticing. Frankly, she'd do really well with a gang-- too bad she's not actually brave enough to hunt one out. :P

c) Either a chatroom or doing it this Sunday (and starting the game proper the next) work for me. I've got some vague NPC ideas, so I can flesh those out on the backburner and take a gander at how everyone else is structuring their NPCs/relationships before moving forward with that.

• Like x 1
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    You just made me realize that Senbo probably spends a lot of time on the internet, looking for bitter people on tundlr or w/e who live in the city so she can send them a voucher for a free dance class.
    Her job's gotten easier and easier.

• Like x 3
  19. An Actual Bird

a) Same as KS; there's no way Kasumi would be in Higanbana haha (no matter how much I love higanbana.........they're my fave flower), but I'm not super fussed if Karrin wants to go Higanbana for her character.
    b) Ooh, I know this one! Kasumi went into Buruberu's mansion as a test of courage (which she normally wouldn't've gone on bc she's a scaredy cat, but she was trying to impress her aneki*), and got caught up in a battle there. She managed to not die, so the Sapphire girls brought her back to Buruberu. (Also, Megumi should totes join Kasumi's gang.)
    c) I've got one NPC lined up, actually!
    Name: Hikari Hasegawa
    Role: Kasumi's *aneki, that is to say, the leader of her gang (Killer Queens*) and Kasumi's idol/older sister figure. She's a year older and is super fucking cool, like, the coolest. Very athletic, fairly smart, extremely charismatic and confident. Basically, everything that Kasumi wants to be. For her part, Hikari thinks of Kasumi as a cute little sister who needs taking care of, but doesn't consider her a close friend.

*I'm not obsessed with Queen, it is the refrance to Dangan Ronpa's Crazy Diamond gang

• Like x 2
  20. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Alright! (And look, it is probably a good thing yall aren't at the Bad Times School)
    pffft, noted. Won't stop the song from playing in my head whenever you mention it ;p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice