Do You Wanna Be A Magical Girl?- Magical⋆Burst (now playing)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Arxon, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Birdy

Birdy so long

Oh okay. Editing to reflect

2. Birdy

Birdy so long

3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

4. Birdy

Birdy so long

@KarrinBlue may I put some relationship points in with you Amethyst character? Rin's a nerd too :P

5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I actually have a few! Whether Arxon's going to use them is another story, though.
    Name: Miyata Kana, aka Lily Gunner K (or something? idk. and neither does she, probably!)
    Faction: Garnet

What Kind of Girl Are You: Cool Professional
    What Convinced You To Make a Pact: I’ve seen what youma can do. We have a duty to stop them
    What Is Your Wish: To unite the factions/stop the youma for good
    Magical Element: Gravity
    Magical Weapon: Handgun/rifle
    Magical Power: Portals
    Magical Girl Costume: Military, cream-colored

Charm: 2
    Insight: 7
    Tenacity: 5
    Magic: 8 (Offense)
    Heart: 7 (Support)
    Fury: 3 (Defense)
    Resolve: 18
    Specialization: Witch(????)
    Talents:
    Inflict
    Purge
    Follow Up
    Crisis:
    (outwardly very calm, logical, a ‘cold sniper’ who doesn’t get passionate or angry often, but she DOES care about friends, and very deeply, she just is terrible at making friends or getting people, and she doesn’t get obviously worked up most of the time.)

Normally fights by using portals to make bullets come from strange directions, redirecting enemy attacks, helping her move around the battlefield, and attacking without being seen.
    Name: Nonohara Shoko, aka Cobalt Scribe Shoko
    Faction: Sapphire
    What Kind of Girl Are You: Spooky Girl
    What Convinced You To Make a Pact: ???????????
    What Is Your Wish: ??????
    Magical Element: Paper
    Magical Weapon: Wand (stylus)
    Magical Power: True Writing
    Magical Girl Costume: basically a CCS Witch costume, in darker blue and indigo.
    Charm: 5
    Insight: 5
    Tenacity: 4
    Magic: 6 (Defense)
    Heart: 7 (Support)
    Fury: 5 (Offense)
    (Please mark which Magical Attribute is which Combat Stat)
    Specialization: Priestess
    Talents:
    Purge
    Curse
    Rouse
    Crisis:
    Name: Yamada Hisui, aka Jade Paladin Hisui
    Faction: Amethyst
    What Kind of Girl Are You: School Queen
    What Convinced You To Make a Pact: I’m the best at everything. Magic should be no exception.
    What Is Your Wish:
    Magical Element: Earth
    Magical Weapon: Mace-sceptre
    Magical Power: Force Field
    Magical Girl Costume: Green, princess-y type.
    Charm: 7
    Insight: 3
    Tenacity: 4
    Magic: 5 (Support)
    Heart: 6 (Offense)
    Fury: 7 (Fury)
    (Please mark which Magical Attribute is which Combat Stat)
    Specialization: Knight
    Talents:
    Regeneration
    Bypass
    Defensive Switch
    Crisis:

• Like x 1
  6. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Hey you guys have saved me from having to generate any of sapphire, I'll use em if they come up!

A few other relationship notes: You can absolutely form relationships with NPCs created by others, and you can form relationships with leaders, even ones other than your faction leader, as long as you know them. For Amethyst, that means definitely not Sapphire and probably not Ruby, but all others are fine. You will not know they are magical. Also, you already have a free 1 Rank with Hokori-sensei

7. Birdy

Birdy so long

@KarrinBlue Ah, you meant in other games. Sorry, that's alright then, I won't try to rope them in
    Rank 3:

Nagisa Hideki: Rin's dad, a low-ranking salaryman struggling to make ends meet, who only wants to be able to spend more time with his children. He and Rin have a very close relationship, and share a love of science fiction and tokusastu. She'll stay up late waiting for him to get home from work so they can watch TV together

Rank 2:

Sumire High School Newspaper Club: Rin is bound and determined to be a writer when she grows up and devotes a lot of time and energy to the school newspaper. Maybe a little too much time and energy.

Yasuda Misao: As fiercely devoted to the school newspaper as Rin is, and they share many interests, i. e. magic, and being huge nerds. Maybe introduced Rin to Kasumi and Haruka, once they found out they were both magical girls? They'd spend more time together, but the leader of Amethyst faction rather looks down her nose at Sapphire's magical girls, and her word is law to Rin.

Hokori Ajisai: Leader of Amethyst faction. Once gave Rin some kind of mild praise over some of her writing, and from that point on Rin was devoted to her. She managed to work hard enough to catch her teacher's eye, as being clever enough for magic. Rin has been under her tutelage for two weeks at the beginning of the campaign, same as the other characters. She admires the woman's intellect greatly and would do anything to get into her good books...and learn some of the stranger magic she knows.

Nagisa Kana: Rin's mom, who teaches night classes at the college the town over. She helped instill Rin's love of learning, but with money being tight (and with Rin's extracurriculars) they see less and less of each other, and their relationship is not what it was.

Rank 1:

Rin is rank 1 with the other four girls since they're different factions and I imagine they only become allies in a cursory sort of way at the beginning of the story

Nagisa Yui: Rin's twelve year old sister. They have wildly divergent interests and aren't particularly close.

@Arxon Iii...think I read the rules and did this appropriately?

• Like x 2
  8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I am doing something different from the rules in that you only get free ranks if you are in the same faction. Right now by those rules you are at 15/12 points, if you removed your ranks to the other girls you would be at 11/12, I think.

9. KarrinBlue

? Oh no, those three could conceivably exist in this game, if Arxon decides to use them.

10. Birdy

Birdy so long

Okay, thanks. If I'm at 11 out of 12 without the ranks to the others, can I have a Rank 1 with Kirika? I want to have at least cursory familiarity with someone.

• Like x 1
  11. KarrinBlue

Kirika is in a different faction and goes to a different school. I mean, it could happen, but I'm not sure how.

12. Birdy

Birdy so long

I was going to have it so Misao introduced them because they're same faction. Maybe I should have Level 1 with Kasumi since they're both friends with Misao and they go to the same school

13. KarrinBlue

Well, Kirika is from Aquamarine, not Sapphire.

14. Birdy

Birdy so long

...oh. I misread the character sheet, sorry. I'll change it to Kasumi then.

• Like x 2
  15. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Alright! I will add all your stuff to roll20 tomorrow since I am officially in bed. Thanks for joining!

16. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@Birdy I was rereading your sheet and I saw an issue I didn't last night, which is that Cerulean is nowhere near a shade of purple. Other than that everything is fine and entered into roll20 Thank you very much!

17. Birdy

Birdy so long

Cerulean is a word that can refer to a lot of different shades of blue - it comes from the Latin word for sky, and the sky can be a lot of blues! (insert meme here)

I was thinking this sort of color:
    [​IMG]

which I think matches nicely to the blue secondary color that appears in some amethysts:

[​IMG]

But yeah maybe a better choice of words would be cobalt or even indigo

• Like x 1
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Technically you could use Cerulean, if you want both Sapphire and Aquamarine getting passive aggressive as shit. But yeah I'd recommend a more purple blue

19. Birdy

Birdy so long

Let's go with indigo then! Don't wanna annoy the other characters before the game even starts :P

• Like x 2
  20. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Noted!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice