Do You Wanna Be A Magical Girl?- Magical⋆Burst (now playing)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Arxon, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Birdy

Birdy so long

i'm so ridiculously excited

• Like x 1
  2. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

OH HEY QUESTION I FORGOT TO ASK
    The faction leaders take the place of tsukaima in the recruiting sense, but aren't usually going to be there giving in the minute advice. Do you guys still want to have tsukaima? Keep in mind that they will all be randomly generated as per the chaotic whims of magic, and will definitely have different lore than in the book (specifically, they'd be the form your transformation gems take when you are transformed)

ETA: @Birdy could you give a one or two sentence thing to further define the city? The book says "One simple way to develop the city is simply to have each player offer one sentence establishing a fact about the nature of the city. These can range from the mundane (“There’s a popular amusement park called Magical Land.”) to the political (“The city has an unusually large population of immigrants from Southeast Asia.”) to the mysterious (“The city has many landmarks that appear to be from other parts of the world.”)"
    The other facts are-
    1. The mascot is a googly-eyed melon
    2. There's a sizable counter-culture gyaru and lolita population that hangs around Kogai
    3. There is one of those fancy indoor waterparks with a pun for a name that we will refer to as Punderwater
    4. There's a convenience store in Kawamura whose popularity is inexplicable but for the fact that there are a lot of nice stray cats

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • Like x 2
  3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

...wait our transformation gems would talk and wander around?

4. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Only when in magical girl form. They'd transform with you, essentially. When in normal form, they'd be inert amulets you can use to contact your faction leader or transform.

5. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

it seems like that'd make them easy to steal...

• Like x 1
  6. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

I like the chance for randomly generated appearances, so I'm gonna say that I would like tiny Magic Animal whose instructions Minami is almost definitely going to ignore half the time.

• Like x 2
  7. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

They can teleport, so stealing another girls tsukaima wouldn't be very effective

8. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I also think a tiny fluffy animal would be awesome if only for the mental image of Kasumi with a cute talking animal buddy

• Like x 2
  9. Ximmeas

Ximmeas Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeee I would be happy to have the tsukaima still be a thing. I think they're cute >w<

• Like x 1
  10. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Alright, I will take 4 outta 5 as a consensus!
    Kirika: Your tsukaima is a robot with fluffy, angellic wings that sprout from between the plating on their back. They tends to withhold information until the last second.
    Kasumi: Your tsukaima is a bird (lol) made out of delicate clockwork gears and springs. They are very quiet and tend to assume the worst.
    Minami: Your tsukaima is a small dragon that is covered in the shifting runes of the strange language all magic seems to be related to. They are very picky and can be a perfectionist.
    Haruka: Your tsukaima is a dog with incongruous metal antenna. They are loud and very sociable.
    Rin: Your tsukaima is, curiously, a young girl, a few years younger than you, with unblinking eyes. She boasts a lot and seems vain.

You guys get to name them, but it can be as off the top of your head as you want. You're their mommas now!

• Like x 4
  11. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@KarrinBlue You can decide what kinda robot they are but my immediate thought was something like this, if that helps

12. Ximmeas

Ximmeas Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Puppy!!!!!!

Haruka: "Ahhh!!! Oh no, you're SO CUTE! I'm gonna call you Sora! I love you!!!!"

It fits her so well omgomg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • Like x 2
  13. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

THIS CAN ONLY END IN TEARS (I'm so happy)

• Like x 3
  14. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Also: If anyone hates their tsukaima I am happy to reroll!

15. An Actual Bird

Metal bird B)

Kasumi: Well, you look cool, at least ... How about, uh ... Suzaku?

• Like x 3
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

Rin: You don't even have a name? What do you call yourself in your head?
    Tsukaima: I don't. Names are for lesser creatures to identify each other by. I already know who I am, so I have no need for something as silly as a name.
    Rin: Well I guess I'm a lesser creature so I have to call you by something. You're going to be Sakura, okay?
    Kiko: You might have picked something more interesting.

As for my one sentence about the city: Sometimes at night, you can see softly glowing orbs floating in the river.

• Like x 5
  17. Birdy

Birdy so long

Okay so I absolutely adore this dollmaker, so of course I had to make Rin in it, probably getting into a fracas on a school night

ready-to-FIGHT.jpg

The spiky thing behind her back isn't wings it's like a weird cape. Not part of her original design but like. i thought it looked cool. like icicles or whatever

• Like x 4
  18. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  19. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

So apologies in advance if this is an annoying question but does anyone have any appearances in mind for the NPCs they came up with? especially in family members, since they should resemble your character at least a bit

20. An Actual Bird

Hmm, not in particular, except that most of the KQ have bleached hair.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice