Do You Wanna Be A Magical Girl?- Magical⋆Burst (now playing)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Arxon, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Birdy

Birdy so long

also i know i'm being...really hamfisted with rin's justice fixation, but i don't feel bad cause it's an anime

• Like x 2
  2. Birdy

Birdy so long

Rin's a very curious person! (sorry if i made you come up with something on the fly)

Edit: Does anyone mind if I yammer about setting stuff and theories in this thread

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like x 3
  3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Nah it wasn't on the fly fly, like I already knew the answer, just not how she'd respond! It was between "vague ass foreshadowing" and "lol idk I'll probably never die?" so I went with the more fun one :3

• Like x 2
  4. Birdy

Birdy so long

Okay I don't expect responses to these thoughts until we're back in play, if at all but:

Magical girls ought to be pretty difficult to kill outright, since you have to chew through all their resolve first, and even then they're still alive and whole, just untransformed. That being said...magic is apparently super lethal to humans, so being at 0 resolve in the middle of a youma's nightmare is probably a death sentence anyway? All MGs get recover, but you can't use it in combat, so you'd have to get the heck out of the nightmare in order to rest up enough to retransform. I'm gonna guess MGs can't use sorcery at 0 resolve.

I'm glad I got to ask about overcharge and fallout cause I'd been wondering how it worked in-universe. The answer seems to be: it's known that using magic can heighten emotions and maybe make weird stuff happen, but MGs definitely don't know them by those names, and the actual stats are, like all other game abstractions, hidden to the characters themselves.

Also changes are known, but in a "I knew a girl who knew this girl who" kind of way. Rin, for her part, probably thinks those stories are totally bogus.

I'm actually excited to see if anyone gets any really screwed up changes. I know we're trying to not just be a clone of Meduka Meguca here, but I really, really like the idea that magic and magical girls are just a bit eldritch

• Like x 4
  5. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

Lil sketch of the daughter

PHOTO_20170213_140628.jpg

Phoneposting so I hope that worked ok lmao. It's not great but you can see the key elements: bigass ponytail, bigass bat, bigass coat.

• Like x 4
  6. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Alright I've put together a basic guide about stereotypes and common knowledge about each of the factions!
    • Ruby: It's pretty well know that Ruby a) has the most territory and the most gems b) is somehow associated with Higanbana Academy and c) is absolutely vicious. Ruby girls spread out all over the city, leading many to wonder how the hell they keep their own area protected. While it isn't technically common knowledge that the Student Council is Ruby Faction, any that go to Higanbana can probably figure it out.
    • Garnet: Garnet has kind of a reputation of being duplicitous. They don't instigate violence, not really, but the stereotype goes that they will absolutely pretend to be helping you and then abandon you up shit creek when it suits them. Garnet has a reputation of being fairly weak and cracking easily under pressure/trauma.
    • Amethyst: Amethyst mostly keeps to themselves, patrolling their own area and also occasionally Sapphire's. Sapphire and Garnet tend to see them as busybodies, who try and meddle with everyone else. The other factions see them as kind of....like puppies who think they are terrific guard dogs, if you also thought the puppy was a giant asshole. Like kids with inflated egos who think they are tougher and more important then they are.
    • Sapphire: Everybody knows Sapphire as kind of a do nothing faction. Buruberu herself is called a coward who collects magical girls to make herself feel better/ as meat shields. Amethyst in particular looks down at Sapphire and gets salty because they think they patrol Sapphire territory more then the Sapphire girls do.
    • Aquamarine: Aquamarine has a reputation as a...more reasonable Ruby, basically. They don't attack other girls nearly as often but they do have a very strict system and a kind of hierarchy most of the other factions lack. With that comes a propensity to being run ragged, and Aquamarine is thought of as very unstable and prone to....blowing up.
    • Emerald: Nobody knows that Emerald faction exists! There are some rumors of a few magical girls unaffiliated with other factions active in the city center, but nobody takes them too seriously. Technically that area is claimed by other factions, but because of its small size and proximity to so many other factions nobody bothers patrolling it much.
    • Citrine: Citrine is wild. It's girls are known to attack other magical girls more than anybody but Ruby, and they tend to have a very single-minded pursuit of whatever they want. However, they are thought of as having honor- if you make a pact or a deal with a Citrine girl, they will follow through. They seem to be the most...mentally stable, probably on account of usually being the ones having the most fun.

Other Notes-
    • The general territories are known, but for the most part nobody knows exactly where the other faction's strongholds are. The other leaders are....known of, but it's not concrete knowledge. Both Amethyst and Ruby are kind of exceptions here- it's fairly well known who they are and where their bases are.
    • Amethyst and Garnet are both known for letting girls go, if they want to. The other factions universally think this is a dumb fucking idea.
    • General broad strokes House associations (aka the leaders, and general thoughts about the Faction, but not the individual girls within): Ruby and Citrine in Gryffindor, Aquamarine and Garnet in Slytherin, and Amethyst and Sapphire in Ravenclaw

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like x 3
  7. Birdy

Birdy so long

The Amethyst stereotypes are basically just a description of Rin I'm love it

Letting girls go...is it possible to actually reverse being a magical girl/make it so you can't transform anymore, or is it just you stop being active?

• Like x 2
  8. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

Sorry for late reply! For everyone else its just rumors, but Rin, you know the third year girls talk about whether or not they'll stay or leave a lot. Appearently you can stop by breaking your connection with the gem, but the way people speak about it it seems like it's not always a clean break?

• Like x 2
  9. Birdy

Birdy so long

*curls around all setting information and purrs*

• Like x 3
  10. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

I'm really sorry, but I won't be able to game tonight - there's a meeting thing for my job happening, and then a work shift...

• Like x 3
  12. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

It's cool!

13. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

I definitely didnt forget lmao. I'll be there!

• Like x 1
  14. Birdy

Birdy so long

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be pretty late. I might be able to duck in at the end

• Like x 2
  15. Ximmeas

Ximmeas Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahaha holy cow I'm still buzzing from all that drama. Also yeah according to the internet, eyes and motor oil should not mix. The general remedy appears to be a lot of "go wash your eye immediately." The longer the oil is there... The less great it'll prolly turn out.
    ;;;;;
    These tragic gays...

• Like x 1
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

I MISSED TRAGIC GAYS?? DARN

• Like x 1
  17. Ximmeas

You missed a disaster of a bad prank, lots of unfortunate fallout, some really gay moments, and a lot of drama composed of screaming and crying and hitting...

• Like x 2
  18. Birdy

Birdy so long

man

• Like x 1
  19. Ximmeas

I invite you to read the chat log because it is such a mess omg.

20. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

@Birdy sorry it ended b4 u could come, I had to call it off early because I have a bad headache and also @Ximmeas got me sick

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice