Doctor Who: It's bigger on the inside

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Technicality, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I didn't see a Doctor Who thread, so I decided to start one! Please avoid posting spoilers from the last season aired, as many people may not have seen it.

• Like x 2
  2. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I recently watched The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, and it was awesome. I forget which doctor, but the companion was Ace

3. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I loved David Tennant as the Doctor :) When the Moffat became the head writer the style really changed too much for my liking :(
    Also not a huge fan of the development of River Song, she was cool as a character when she was introduced, but then it just became weird...

• Like x 2
  4. Technicality

Tennant was my personal favorite. Smith is 2nd, followed by Eccleston. Not entirely sure where Capaldi fits on the list.

• Like x 1
  5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I will unashamedly admit that I was completely and totally head-over-heels celebrity crushing on David Tennant and his Doctor. tall, super-skinny British men? YES PLEASE SIGN ME THE FUCK UP. (i married one of those. ahem.) also his portrayal of the Doctor gives me heart pain and i love it so much.

I am liking Eccleston more as I grow up, though i didn't dislike him to begin with. Matt Smith was great fun and I loved his portrayal of the character - he gave me the heebie-jeebies all the damn time but in a good way. i was sorry to see him go. :(

I haven't seen a whole lot of Capaldi, but I like his take on it. It's new and different and I think we needed some of that.

Alas I have not seen much classic Who - someday, when I have time...

• Like x 3
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i'm not so much into doctor who anymore, but i'll always love nine best. i went into the show completely blind, not knowing about regenerations or basically anything doctor who, it was just rose and the doctor having space adventures and then he regenerated and i was seething mad for days. i got over it once i saw how awesome tennant was - and despite everything, he was still the doctor. it was honestly just a lot of fun and one of the only shows my whole family watched with equal excitement together. we don't really spend time together and doctor who changed that for quite a while.

• Like x 1
  7. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Of all the bits and pieces I've seen of Doctor Who over the years, I think I like the latest season the best... I didn't particularly like the title character when played by David Tennant and Matt Smith (they were a weird combination of childish and condescending, not always, but sometimes it really stood out). I really like what I've seen of Capaldi though.

annnd, all the stuff I wanted to talk about is spoilers. So damn.

8. Technicality

I have not gotten a chance to watch a lot of Capaldi. But what I have seen, I don't really like. I mean, he isn't bad, he just doesn't feel like Tennant did to me yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice