Doctors find me confusing

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Alaspooralice, Feb 3, 2017.

1. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

My last psych was generally very good, but two things stand out:
    1. He didn't seem to understand that sometimes (when I'm not on antidepressants) my mood tanks for no good reason. "There's always a reason!" he says. My dude. Trust me.
    2. In our first appointment we were talking about my dad and I mentioned that he was "away". Psych asked where. I had no idea. He was horrified. It didn't get much better when mum came in at the end, I asked where dad was, and she replied "oh, he's in New York*". In my family's defense, my dad's travelled for work since I was a baby, so that + my memory problems = I often have no idea where he is at any given moment, but I know that mum knows, so it's not a problem.

*we lived in Sydney at the time

• Like x 7
  2. Alaspooralice

Alaspooralice An actual trash fire

This is reminding me of when I was looking for a Primary Care Physician. I went to this doc who... honestly pissed me off and scared me in equal messure. I told him I needed to be on antidepressants and he was like "I can prescribe them but if you want to keep seeing me I want to take you off them. Kids these days are already so addicted to drugs I don't want to contribute." And I am just sitting there trying not to say something fucked up. And he goes on to tell me his patients aren't protected because he doesn't have malpractice insurance and he'll add on bullshit charges because "Doctors don't make enough money" and this dude predominantly sees older people who he can take advantage of.

Needless to say I took my prescription and never set foot his rinky dink clinic again.

• Like x 3
  3. An Actual Bird

An Actual Bird neverthelass, Brid persisted, ate third baggel

:yikes:
    it amazes me the shit doctors can get away with. like...........how.

• Like x 2
  4. Alaspooralice

We just don't know! It's like if they let someone like me be in charge of small children. I don't know what I'm doing and one of them is sure to get hurt.

• Like x 2
  5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

that's... can't that be reported to something? It sounds dangerous

• Like x 2
  6. Alaspooralice

It probably can, and I should probably look him back up and do that. At the time I didn't have it in me though.

• Like x 1
  7. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Yeah I get that, stuff like that is hard. Good luck if you do do that though!

• Like x 2
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I have had pretty incredible luck with doctors, given all the shit I've thrown at them over the years, but dentists. * shudders *

Dentist that I went to as a preteen: "If we could only make your face rounder, you'd be so much more attractive." Cue me feeling like a hideous beast for the next many years.

Dentist that I went to last year: "Cavities are a child thing. It's time to be done with them." WAY TO FUCKING SHAME ME AND MAKE ME NEVER WANT TO SEE A DENTIST AGAIN!!!! A++ GOOD JOB

• Like x 4
  9. Alaspooralice

@Saro I feel you on the dentist thing. Last time I saw a dentist he got mad at me for not keeping my mouth open when it was numb and I couldn't keep it open. :V

• Like x 1
  10. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Has that dentist never heard of something called a bite block? Those are standard procedure where I'm from. You open your mouth, they wedge it in, and then it keeps your mouth levered open for them to do whatever they were going to do.

Relatedly, if any of you are in the Chicago area I can poke you in the direction of the rather nice dental place I go to these days.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Like x 3
  11. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Please, I'm in Chicagoland and looking for a new dentist b/c fuck Dr. Cavities-Are-For-Kids

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice