Don't Starve On Your Own OR Together

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by roach, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Rooks

Rooks How Lost Are You on a Scale of 1-10? ... Zoro.

*searched for don't starve posts* I still play this. Would anyone like to create/join a Kintsugi server? Is all interest dead?

• Like x 2
  2. LilacMercenary

LilacMercenary Well-Known Member

@Rooks I'm still into this as well, I'd be down!

I actually went searching for a Don't Starve post a few months ago, totally missed this, created my own and never got any replies, so I'd sort of assumed nobody on here played it at all. I'm weirdly excited to find this. Yay for the new posts box on the front page ^^

• Like x 2
  3. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I have a server! I can't afford to keep it running all the time, but we can definitely schedule sessions! (I've been meaning to make a post on the kintsugi secret clubhouse thread but spoons)

• Like x 3
  4. LilacMercenary

LilacMercenary Well-Known Member

I'd really like to see a shipwreck version of Don't Starve Together. Maybe it's just the higher brightness level + nicer colors, but I find I'm enjoying SW at least 25% more than the original

• Like x 3
  5. Rooks

@Wiwaxia @LilacMercenary I'm so into this. I've just started DST today, but I love ROG and SW, so I'm pumped.

What goes into keeping a server running? Just leaving the computer on or does it have to be hosted elsewhere?

6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Leaving the computer on or renting hosting elsewhere (hahano), afaik.

7. Rooks

I'll keep an eye on the Secret Clubhouse then. Are there any days that are good for you/everyone else?

8. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

would anyone in this thread be interested in playing some DST this weekend? I've been playing it by myself in alone mode a lot recently, but this weekend I'm going to be at home where the internet is less shitty than my school's, so I was thinking of trying to host a server. I'll be free Thursday evening and all of Friday and Saturday. Anyone up for it?

9. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

Already mentioned it in the rec room thread, but that server is ready to go, in case anyone's interested! It's not live right now, but if you @ me I'll bring it online. I'll be around mostly all day, though I'll have to leave a couple times for chores and stuff.

• Like x 1
  10. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

oh man....... now that I have a decent PC I COULD buy these gaem... I've admired them from afar/in videos many times, but I think they'd give me heart failure in the course of an hour if I actually PLAYED them :X but I could see myself playing with other people maybe if they'd tolerate a clueless shy person diligently trying to Help with noncomplex tasks...

• Winner x 1
  11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I’m always down to play with anyone, assuming my internet doesn’t crap out! DS/DST is one of my favorite games and I don’t often get to play with other people ^_^ Also if you’re looking for tips I highly recommend Volx’s tutorials on youtube! And I’d be happy to give advice, mod recs, etc. myself since I have about 600 hours in this game!

You should totally get this game it’s a very good game

• Informative x 1
  12. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

yeah, DS/DST is great! RN I haven't. touched the game in a while bc depression but frankly the characters are gr8 and why i still adore the game even though i'm too much of a mess to play these days. you should give it a shot!

• Like x 1
  13. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

haha! I've watched a lot of very competent videos, I just get the impression that solo playing would give me brainbugs pretty fast if left to my own devices. Playing with others might be fun, though... so how many of the games do you need to own in order for DST to function? -eyes Steam prices- :F

14. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

just DST! You don't need DS or the expansions, those are only for solo play, but you can also solo play with DST, just no shipwrecked (or Hamlet when it comes out) The only thing owning DS and the DLC is they give u cosmetic items in DST

DST already has Reign of Giants content built in. they just haven't added shipwrecked yet to it. Which. Sucks cause my second favourite character is Walani. Ah well. At least I have Maxwell to fuck around as.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  15. The Mutant

The Mutant ' w '

lol okay I succumbed and bought it X) I had enough money in my steam wallet left over from my SDV purchase, just.

my steam UN is mutefaith if anyone wants to be my frand o_ob

...or is it TheMutant???? mutefaith is my steam account name and I think TheMutant is my... profile name? idek

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    • Winner x 1
  16. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

i ended up picking up ds/dst in the bundle with oni and they are pretty great but wow difficult. i can never find gold and food in the same run.

17. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

yeah, i got decently gud at original dont starve but i finally actually tried Reign of Giants the other day and was like, nope, instadeath. i did find maxwell's door like right away???? but gods know i'm not up for that kind of challenge tbh. I barely know how to fight in this game, i get my dead sister to fight thigns for me

18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

HAMLET BETA IS OUT!!!

I didn’t sign up soon enough to get in though :( and because I have no self control I am Immediately watching streams and spoiling myself

• Witnessed x 1
  19. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

yeah i missed the closed beta sign up too :C

tbh i'm more excited for new halloween skins rn. finally mad science wilson! (also there's the funko pops but no Max n so i am disapoint.)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice